+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    The new weapon modding UI and EGO handling is most likely just an excuse to make everyone leave "old" toons. The purpose? Getting new fresh players/supporters perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by KeevanSixx View Post
    If anything is going to be transferred (if that is even an option on the table), I would prefer the ability to transfer my main character's name and look to the new platform, collectors armors (i'm partial to my red von bach from the collectors edition, and what I unlocked through playing, or bought in the store.....they are just cosmetic skins that offer no gameplay bonuses), awarded vehicles (again gameplay, or bought....and am even willing to undergo a reset of their stats....doesn't matter to me, just as long as I don't have to grind again for those particular vehicles) , and legacy titles that were gifted or unlocked (pale wars Ronin, old school, ect.).
    This. I don't even want some unfair advantage in the new game. I just want my cosmetic outfits and vehicles.

I do feel for those who've spent a lot of money and time on stuff that they'll lose, especially considering how it is basically the same game at this point. Those players should at least get some kind of BFG or their stuff in the new game to let them know they're appreciated.

I didn't lose my stuff when WoW updated their graphics. I didn't lose my cosmetics when The Secret World went to Legends. I didn't lose my stuff when Rift went F2P. Why should those who play Defiance lose their stuff? You can't tell me the game is a whole new system that can't use the same stuff when the game is bascially a reskin and you're giving away the same stuff through the Valor program. I'm a casual player, I don't have the time to kill over 40k monsters when I've got school and work taking up most of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by xathryn View Post
    This. I don't even want some unfair advantage in the new game. I just want my cosmetic outfits and vehicles.

I do feel for those who've spent a lot of money and time on stuff that they'll lose, especially considering how it is basically the same game at this point. Those players should at least get some kind of BFG or their stuff in the new game to let them know they're appreciated.

I didn't lose my stuff when WoW updated their graphics. I didn't lose my cosmetics when The Secret World went to Legends. I didn't lose my stuff when Rift went F2P. Why should those who play Defiance lose their stuff? You can't tell me the game is a whole new system that can't use the same stuff when the game is bascially a reskin and you're giving away the same stuff through the Valor program. I'm a casual player, I don't have the time to kill over 40k monsters when I've got school and work taking up most of my time.
    Even though I'm against what's currently happening from not transferring items, I could see where they got inspiration from it's the same thing that happened in the current Defiance when they decided to give weapon JPs in PY and rig JPs in the vendor. So the people that worked hard to collect these items were ignored and people could get rare JPs easily. I just like many others perplexed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoy303 View Post
    We also want honesty and transparency. Don't say one thing and then do another. And silence is worst of all. Don't say our voices matter and just completely ignore us.
    Quote Originally Posted by defiancegame View Post
    How hard will it be to bring the HUNT back? Remove nerfs and let us enjoy it before it's gone!
    ``Some people can't leave things be, they have to ruin it for everyone else!``

Quote Originally Posted by xathryn View Post
    You have to understand that all of the original Dev's were fired 5 years ago. All the people that created the original code and systems are long gone. All the current Dev's are either Rift or pulled from other projects. I don't think they have even hired anyone new. They had an entire Development office that was let go over the course of a few months after release.

Those of us who have been around since the first Alpha suspect that when that office was closed those Dev's secured their work which would explain why bugs that were present in Alpha still exist 5 years later and the majority of game changes have been superficial. I am not sure they can access the core code, or because the current dev's have no experience with the core systems coded into this version of the game. Which is why they they have done a ground up rework.

It also explains why they can't just port over what should be very basic items. They would have to do a lot of manual work. I also hope vehicles got a rework. More of a legitimate feel, can roll and maybe have some balls to make it up a small hill with out needing to boost, or make it 0-60 in under 12 seconds in a Charger, which is another issue, I think their licensing agreement with Dodge has expired, which is why they are doing this now, so don't expect to see your Charger in 2050.

Defiance is basically a 5 year running beta.

I'd just like cosmetics like titles, outfits and vehicles to transfer over it gives no advantage in power just more freedom of expression for our virtual avatars.

So i purchased this game with the season pass, i spent more money on store and after all that they made it Free to play. I continue and now my character is gonna get erased? OMG. Final Fantasy XIV remade their game to a total different one and they transferred everyone character and items and everything to the new one hassle free. Square Enix cares about it players. If they can do it why cant you? So when the new Playstation and the new Xbox come out are you gonna delete our characters again to get some of that cake too? You guys just see $ symbols on us here. Bye bye Defiance.

I'm on xbox one now. Ego rating 6k

I'm just looking for my outfits from the one million boxes in Defiance 2050.
    Gate my money to get them.
    The rest I do not care

Read all the comments and I agree with most of you. I’ve debated this very topic in a Defiance Facebook group I’m in. I watched the live streams. It’s the same game and anyone who thinks otherwise is just drinking Trions koolaid. It actually bothers me that a developer would port a game, change a few systems then call it NEW! It’s not new. I think they changed the weapon system intentionally to eliminate those massive inventories they once upon a time blamed for the stability and performance issues. Also explains why they said they aren’t transferring inventory slots. Claiming “we won’t need as much inventory space”. I guess not if you’re taking all of our gear. This “class” system doesn’t seem like any different than what we have now. They said you can change class at anytime. Isn’t that the same as a loadout? Jackpots will now be called “prototypes”. Wow, big change. Dlc’s Will be free with the base game. I guess that’s ok. But not “new”. Max level is now 50 instead of 6000. Ok, you freed up some space on the UI. A whole 2 blocks of text. I’m going to stop since I’m sure everyone gets the idea. They are porting a game and changing a few things. Then trying to convince all of you that it’s “NEW”. I said a long time ago to vote with your wallet. I did. My money now goes to another game. I used to be a huge supporter of Trion and Defiance. Every live stream, PTS, 5 toons, hundreds in inventory space, patron pass.... just like most of you. I even came back in excitement just to be let down again.
    ”We don’t become who we dream of if we don’t face our demons. If we shun what conceals us we go blind to that which frees us.” PS4/PC/PTS Markeen D13-2050 BLOODLINES clan founder.

What bothers me the most aside from not transferring items is that they are not bringing back the things that they have nerfed and removed! There's absolutely no incentive no move to 2050!
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoy303 View Post
    We also want honesty and transparency. Don't say one thing and then do another. And silence is worst of all. Don't say our voices matter and just completely ignore us.
    Quote Originally Posted by defiancegame View Post
    How hard will it be to bring the HUNT back? Remove nerfs and let us enjoy it before it's gone!
    ``Some people can't leave things be, they have to ruin it for everyone else!``

+ Reply to Thread