+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Defiance 2050 (Clans)

Hi Devs, what's up about the name of the clans?, I suppose the veterans ark hunters could they want join in their old clans in Def '50.
    The founders (maybe leaders), Could claim their right or exclusivity?

Id: Alahali671 (ps3 - ps4)
    Psn Fingers865
    Clan: "Defiance Terminators ps3 - Terminators ps4"

(The sig-tag is another creation of Tau)

Quote Originally Posted by Alahali View Post
    Hi Devs, what's up about the name of the clans?, I suppose the veterans ark hunters could they want join in their old clans in Def '50.
    The founders (maybe leaders), Could claim their right or exclusivity?
    The ability to reserve clan names would be nice.

I suggested this as well but I would qualify it by saying that the clan must have been created before the announcement. Otherwise people will just create a clan for each one of their toons so that they can auction them off to the highest bidder later.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    The ability to reserve clan names would be nice.
    ^ +1 That or a active player clan transfer would be better

Hopefully on Friday we will hear more about this
    disconnect parody https://youtu.be/ndozn_qDVJI
    defiance pax parody https://youtu.be/wpIwZeuJZAU
    professor chaos69
    founder chaos crew pc/na
    all players welcome

This would be cool. My clan is dead as hell but would love to try to kick-start it again in 2050.

betting there is gonna be a 1000 member cap this time

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    I suggested this as well but I would qualify it by saying that the clan must have been created before the announcement. Otherwise people will just create a clan for each one of their toons so that they can auction them off to the highest bidder later.
    not sure this is an issue.. i create a clan in defiance right now called, magnus-group.. ok.. well who can i sell it too? will members of say nuclear rubber want it? well no... hmm maybe members of Magnus The Red will want it? no.. right they have that name as a 40k reference.. well no one will want it then.. hmm and i cant create a clan which already exists.... well i guess there is zero point in doing this..

unless you think would be portifatble, can you explain how?

Quote Originally Posted by richardkrainium View Post
    betting there is gonna be a 1000 member cap this time
    hope not... overly large clans have a weakness as much as small clans do. a super large clan can be almost impossible to organise large events for.. but they do get the clan activites done quicker.. i think NR was the 1st on the xboxeu by just a day to hit levle 10 in everything. and the ones who did it int he next couple days and weeks, were at times less than 10% our size.. didnt mean they were ****.. no just because NR had 3-4000 members at that time, didnt mean we had 3-4000 active players... we had barely more active than the other clans did. but where say ark legion elite had far far far fewer numbers, they (at the time) only accepted higher level players, so they were doing more per person then NR was. for every veteran they had doing 6 hours a day, we had 10 newbs who would do 3 hours a day.

many clans on xbox eu started as member of the large clans like NR, and once they got through the learning curve, and found a group of other players on at the same time, or like minded, they left NR and formed their own clans. he ALE was formed of vet members of NR and Ark legion, who had all met in PvP, and well didnt like all the new people always joining. so they formed their own.

forcing a limit of 1000 members, will force clans to cull members, who might jsut be on break.. get back and find they have been booted and lost their clan boosts and clan contribution score.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusRune Daltus View Post
    not sure this is an issue.. i create a clan in defiance right now called, magnus-group.. ok.. well who can i sell it too? will members of say nuclear rubber want it? well no... hmm maybe members of Magnus The Red will want it? no.. right they have that name as a 40k reference.. well no one will want it then.. hmm and i cant create a clan which already exists.... well i guess there is zero point in doing this..

unless you think would be portifatble, can you explain how?

hope not... overly large clans have a weakness as much as small clans do. a super large clan can be almost impossible to organise large events for.. but they do get the clan activites done quicker.. i think NR was the 1st on the xboxeu by just a day to hit levle 10 in everything. and the ones who did it int he next couple days and weeks, were at times less than 10% our size.. didnt mean they were ****.. no just because NR had 3-4000 members at that time, didnt mean we had 3-4000 active players... we had barely more active than the other clans did. but where say ark legion elite had far far far fewer numbers, they (at the time) only accepted higher level players, so they were doing more per person then NR was. for every veteran they had doing 6 hours a day, we had 10 newbs who would do 3 hours a day.

many clans on xbox eu started as member of the large clans like NR, and once they got through the learning curve, and found a group of other players on at the same time, or like minded, they left NR and formed their own clans. he ALE was formed of vet members of NR and Ark legion, who had all met in PvP, and well didnt like all the new people always joining. so they formed their own.

forcing a limit of 1000 members, will force clans to cull members, who might jsut be on break.. get back and find they have been booted and lost their clan boosts and clan contribution score.
    So if someone took Nuclear Rubber then it'd be ok? You'd be ok if someone took your in game name too? You're assuming that there will be clan boosts and contribution. I think a cap of 1000 is more than enough. You want us to believe that you communicate with and can organize 3-4000 members? You must be running a Fortune 500 company. How's that clan chat with 3-4000 mics going all at once?
    Defiance Triple OG // Brwu91- psn// konstantinov91- GT// kon#7166 - discord

RIP Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by konstantinov View Post
    So if someone took Nuclear Rubber then it'd be ok? You'd be ok if someone took your in game name too?
    That's the idea, I think is the desire of many .. meet again with their clan with friends.
    I wouldn't like to see "Defiance terminators" founded by newbies that will play 4 hours per week.
    Each one of us know the importance of their clan but anyway apparently there is no form to prevent it ... at least for now.

(take note)

Id: Alahali671 (ps3 - ps4)
    Psn Fingers865
    Clan: "Defiance Terminators ps3 - Terminators ps4"

(The sig-tag is another creation of Tau)