+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnusRune Daltus View Post
    not sure this is an issue.. i create a clan in defiance right now called, magnus-group.. ok.. well who can i sell it too? will members of say nuclear rubber want it? well no... hmm maybe members of Magnus The Red will want it? no.. right they have that name as a 40k reference.. well no one will want it then.. hmm and i cant create a clan which already exists.... well i guess there is zero point in doing this..

unless you think would be portifatble, can you explain how?

[SNIP][/SNIP]
    It's not about the "magnus-group" it's about people creating accounts to cyber-squat on names like "Murder Incorporated" or "Elite Ark Hunters". Even if it isn't likely (**and it probably is) it's not like the restriction is inequitable. The point may be moot since we don't even know if they will allow clan transfers.

People will buy and sell anything in this game. I saw someone in zone the other day trying to buy ark salvage.

players sell whole accounts full of gear in game all time . and what does trion do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    It's not about the "magnus-group" it's about people creating accounts to cyber-squat on names like "Murder Incorporated" or "Elite Ark Hunters". Even if it isn't likely (**and it probably is) it's not like the restriction is inequitable. The point may be moot since we don't even know if they will allow clan transfers.

People will buy and sell anything in this game. I saw someone in zone the other day trying to buy ark salvage.
    but they wont be able to do that till the game is live.... you talking about peope going onto defiance NOW and doing it..

''I suggested this as well but I would qualify it by saying that the clan must have been created before the announcement. Otherwise people will just create a clan for each one of their toons so that they can auction them off to the highest bidder later.''

created before the announcement, means created on defiance 1 not defiance 2050...

no one can make any clan right now, that will steal mine or or anyone elses clan name.. the issue is when 2050 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by konstantinov View Post
    So if someone took Nuclear Rubber then it'd be ok? You'd be ok if someone took your in game name too? You're assuming that there will be clan boosts and contribution. I think a cap of 1000 is more than enough. You want us to believe that you communicate with and can organize 3-4000 members? You must be running a Fortune 500 company. How's that clan chat with 3-4000 mics going all at once?
    but how can someone take the name of the clan that is already ingame... he was talking about peope going and making clans NOW to squat on the names... which means inm defiance, not 2050.. which is where there will be this issue.

but how can someone take the name of the clan that is already ingame... he was talking about peope going and making clans NOW to squat on the names... which means inm defiance, not 2050.. which is where there will be this issue.
    Because we’re being sold (told) a ~new game.
    Defiance Triple OG // Brwu91- psn// konstantinov91- GT// kon#7166 - discord

RIP Defiance

Because we’re being sold (told) a ~new game.
    but this thread was already about safeguarding current clan names in the new game

the other guy said this should exclude any clans made after now... as they will be for squatting.. which makes zero sense.. as if we get the names reserved, there should be no limit as to how old a clan has to be to get protected..

but this thread was already about safeguarding current clan names in the new game

the other guy said this should exclude any clans made after now... as they will be for squatting.. which makes zero sense.. as if we get the names reserved, there should be no limit as to how old a clan has to be to get protected..
    Personally any clan names that were created prior to the start of 2018 should be reserved for the founders of said clans.
    Defiance Triple OG // Brwu91- psn// konstantinov91- GT// kon#7166 - discord

RIP Defiance

why does this matter? can't you all use new clan names and be fine? Is your imagination severely limited?

Personally any clan names that were created prior to the start of 2018 should be reserved for the founders of said clans.
    so if i make a new clan now.. it shouldnt be reserved? it should be all or none

but they wont be able to do that till the game is live.... you talking about peope going onto defiance NOW and doing it..

''I suggested this as well but I would qualify it by saying that the clan must have been created before the announcement. Otherwise people will just create a clan for each one of their toons so that they can auction them off to the highest bidder later.''

created before the announcement, means created on defiance 1 not defiance 2050...

no one can make any clan right now, that will steal mine or or anyone elses clan name.. the issue is when 2050 comes out.
    I'm not talking about stealing existing clan names and I'm not sure how many different ways that I can word this: IF Trion transfers clans that ALREADY EXIST ON DEFIANCE 1 TO DEFIANCE 2050 then it should be limited to clans that WERE CREATED ON DEFIANCE 1 BEFORE THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF DEFIANCE 2050. This would help prevent people from CREATING NEW CLANS IN DEFIANCE 1 right now (today, tomorrow, up until the point that Trion actually transfers the clans) for the sole purpose of selling/trading them to new players in DEFIANCE 2050 AFTER IT GOES LIVE.