+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Great post !!
    Our days on Defiance have always been numbered since launch. Nothing lasts forever.
    After nearly five continuous years of unbroken gameplay, I have met some amazing people and enjoyed some great game experiences along the way. I have built up a collection of great guns and gear.

I am looking forward to a new experience on 2050. My first reaction was obviously negative on hearing toons not transferrable, but after grinding six toons to 6k on old Defiance, the new version should be no problem. Of course my new game experience will be strictly as free to play as I am assuming all my recent bit purchases went to support the new port.

As for the Old Defiance, I am going to continue to have fun as long as the servers are up.
    The long fulfilling chase has ended, so I may as well run around blasting away at bugs and raiders with all of my wonderful toys until the lights go out.

Johnny Gatt Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Terminators
    Howie Felt 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Howie Felter Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Most Hated
    No Slack 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns-Inventory vendored. Toon retired.
    Molly Bushwhacker Ps3 Ego 6000 Clan Members Only- Inventory vendored. Toon retired

Quote Originally Posted by Yakalfurd View Post
    I certainly hope that Trion makes changes to what can be transferred over to 2050. I feel like if extra slots we've purchased isn't hurting their bottom line cosmetics and vehicles really shouldn't either (unless they want to make cosmetics/vehicles tradable) But even if that was the case.Why not grandfather in our cosmetics and rides and make them non-tradable? One thing I know for certain is if they can bring out even just 50% of the potential Defiance has always had to 2050 it going to be freaking awesome! I know I at least want to be there to find out!
    I'm totally with you. I think they should transfer over our cosmetics and vehicles. It's not like they give us some unfair advantage. I've spent time watching the show I loved die because Syfy sucks. Entered in every single code they had. I've spent time playing their games outside the game to earn cosmetics. I bought some of the expansions just because I love the game, even if I'm nowhere near high enough EGO to be the best. I do want to be there and see what they can do with it, I just want my cosmetics and vehicles.

Purified Gulanite

Will purified Gulanite be transferred to Defiance 2050? If so will they still be in the form of Gulanite? I've just won a prize of 50k purified Gulanite. If I activate in defiance I just need to know if this carries across to 2050 and I don't lose it

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gatt View Post
    Great post !!
    Our days on Defiance have always been numbered since launch. Nothing lasts forever.
    After nearly five continuous years of unbroken gameplay, I have met some amazing people and enjoyed some great game experiences along the way. I have built up a collection of great guns and gear.

I am looking forward to a new experience on 2050. My first reaction was obviously negative on hearing toons not transferrable, but after grinding six toons to 6k on old Defiance, the new version should be no problem. Of course my new game experience will be strictly as free to play as I am assuming all my recent bit purchases went to support the new port.

As for the Old Defiance, I am going to continue to have fun as long as the servers are up.
    The long fulfilling chase has ended, so I may as well run around blasting away at bugs and raiders with all of my wonderful toys until the lights go out.
    This! These games don't last forever. I'm just jazzed it's going to continue, if just in another form. What they are proposing sounds like fun. I'm in for the next generation. I don't mind starting fresh with a new toon. I enjoy the current game, but sometimes I'm a bit bored. Looking forward to the next chapter!
    IGN-Razak Vaseh EGO - right around 4400 these days

After watching the recent streams, do you still think it worths waiting for since it's basically THE SAME GAME?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoy303 View Post
    We also want honesty and transparency. Don't say one thing and then do another. And silence is worst of all. Don't say our voices matter and just completely ignore us.
    Quote Originally Posted by defiancegame View Post
    How hard will it be to bring the HUNT back? Remove nerfs and let us enjoy it before it's gone!
    ``Some people can't leave things be, they have to ruin it for everyone else!``

Anywhere I roam, where I lay my head is home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gatt View Post
    Great post !!

I totally agree with all of this. Sure it sucks we won't have our gear transfer over. But I know that I left the original Defiance because it was getting stale. Grinding on multiple toons. Akira had everything except for a couple of Expo and PvP pursuits. This will give us a fresh start on machines that will be a bit my promising than the PS3/X360 that we are used to. And for the people who keep crying out. "It's just the same game." We really do not know if its going to be exactly the same. Even if there are tweeks that allows for more additions to happen, I'm more for it. Expansion of the map, new races/enemies, more unique holiday events. Diverse arkfalls. I do not know what is to come from Defiance 2050, I'm personally just waiting to see what the beta has in-store. And no matter what, you know you'll see me on Defiance 2050 on day one of its official release. I loved this game ever since I bought my copy back in 2013. I love the community. I made a lot of friends and had so many great memories. I WANT to continue my journey. I hope to see some of you there.
    PSN: KillerDrachen Server: PS3/NA "Old School" August 3rd, 2013
    1st: Akira Himekawa 6000+ Clan: no clan
    2nd: Irzu Asuna 5801 Clan: no clan
    3rd: Kiora Wind 2367 Clan: no clan
    4th: Iris Drakkin 2010 Clan: Division 12

My Wife's PSN: purplehobbit IGN: Hob

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Kimekawa View Post
    New players are not entitled to get what they missed last year... they shoulda played last year... ...Tough shtako, you lose sir! is what I say. Bring on the haters because I AM a Most Hated! XD

Quote Originally Posted by defiancegame View Post
    After watching the recent streams, do you still think it worths waiting for since it's basically THE SAME GAME?!
    I like being optimistic. Defiance, in it's current form, will be gone soon. It's quite likely that it is not making money, so it's either 2050 or nothing. As far as the streams are concerned, so far I've seen them discuss: new gun modding system, character classes, specific progression/missions for those character classes, server stability. Plus cosmetics and boosts only in the store, so folks have to actually earn things in game instead spending real world cash to get great weapons, etc. I get when you watch the game play in the Streams the visuals look the same. I don't think that means the whole game is the same. If they come through with the promised changes, it's all good. If they don't, then I'll play something else. I was a Beta player for the original launch. I bought all the dlc, a few goodies in the store, and have carried Patron on and off over that time. It's the nature of MMOs. They come, they go.

Look, I get some folks are unhappy about it. If the changes they are making don't come to pass, I'll be unhappy too. Until I've given it a shot, I'll reserve judgement and hope for the best. 2050 is FTP, so if I don't like it, no harm done. Right now none of us has played 10 seconds of 2050. I'll wait until I play my first day, be that Closed Beta, or Live. Then I can make an educated decision.
    IGN-Razak Vaseh EGO - right around 4400 these days

Where the sun comes out daytime & the moon nighttime
    Yeah, I hope all you people get what you wish for in 2050 since you have invested plenty of your time (and money) in Defiance. I have only been playing the game for over a week now although I've had a ps3 for years! I can't understand why as I find myself really liking the game despite its flaws. I should have started playing much, much earlier. But you know...if there's one thing that I'm really regretting right now it is that I never got to play with you people. I know I would have had myself a really great time. I'm already missing you all and I don't even know why!

@ John2984 - I clean my ps3 with a toothpick! You should try it sometime! lol

Even if it was basically the same game at first, being on the next gen consoles is a plus because it gives room for improvement. They were never going to have anymore major updates on ps3 or 360, but now they will be able to bring new content. Plus the modding is great. So much potential.

psn eyeamabeazt
    Ps3 IGN Beezst
    Ps4 IGN

Defiance Terminators

Defiance 2050 Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/620335361631550/

Quote Originally Posted by VVinch View Post
    Well I'm not a long time player (like 3 1/2 years) as many of you ladies and gents, but my experience in the game had been bittersweet sometimes, it had given me great joy and happiness, as a lot of disappointments and bad times too, but something that I have seen before is the change of mind, arrangements and the community push that had achieved the change of mind of the devs, change in process of production and the way to respond to the actions and petitions of the Olfiance community.

So my suggestion is, (as I was telling to Kon this morning), wait up, there are still 4 months to come, armistice should be next month, don't burn your console or your old laptop/pc, don't vendor your entire inventory yet, just keep on pushing, complain and ask for answers from the dev team; big spenders, moguls and whales, all of you deserve a fair treatment after all these years spending your money supporting this game, the same as ppl like me (in my case I'd expended like 120$ tops in all these years, cause economy and so...).

Anyway, let's just keep on posting our opinions, let's speak our minds to let them know that we, the entire community, deserve a better treatment, in order to transfer all our achievement to the new gen Defiance2050 or whatever.

I know, because I'd seen it before, they can change the process and respect all these years of grinding, spending time and money, and giving love to this thing named Defiance.

Peace!

VV
    I really like this post a lot! It literally says everything I feel and think when I see people vendoring all there stuff or saying there gone and won't give 2050 a chance. I am a vet of this game. Been here since closed beta. I did take a HUGE break from the game untill recently thanks to the announced defiance 2050. I never really did spend a ton on the in-game store. Though I did by the collectors edition for console and the gold edition for pc. And I'm a patron sub. So I've put my fair share into the game. I get it. If I spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars to be told a new version is coming out that all that money won't count towards and I need to start fresh after so many hours... id be extremely upset to.

Think of it this way though. They are changing major mechanics in the game character builds work. Shields And armor, weapons! Class system is being added. So let's say you transfer your character. You log in go do an arkfall or expodition after looking over some of the new stuff. You figure you got a handle on it. Only to get your butt handed to you over and over and go into a rage quit mode! All because you didn't start fresh and go through the NEW starting area which teaches you exactly how this new stuff works and you get to gradually get a handle on it and figure out what class if closest to what you like and what you were going for in olfiance. This makes more sense to me cause not only will you get to experience this game over again in a new light. But you won't be bored or frustrated with being at end game all over again with mechanics you don't really understand and no content to play cause you wanted your character transfer so bad.

Just my opinion.