+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Hi, I do not speak English so I hope I can be as clear as possible.

I have defiance on my ps3, it is connected to the glyph account.
    Install defiance 2050 on the ps4, when entering the glyph account to link with my ps4 it tells me that the account I want to use is already linked.
    Both ps4 and ps3 are still used, the ps4 I use and the ps3 uses my brother.
    My question is, how can I link the two games or use that value program to not lose the pack I buy?

regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by 4TE View Post
    Hi, I do not speak English so I hope I can be as clear as possible.

I have defiance on my ps3, it is connected to the glyph account.
    Install defiance 2050 on the ps4, when entering the glyph account to link with my ps4 it tells me that the account I want to use is already linked.
    Both ps4 and ps3 are still used, the ps4 I use and the ps3 uses my brother.
    My question is, how can I link the two games or use that value program to not lose the pack I buy?

regards
    David
    You needed to link you Glyph account to your PS3 account before June 22nd to be eligible to the Valor program.

If you did that, and if you use the exact same PSN account on PS3 and PS4, both to play Defiance and 2050, you're already all set. Just launch Defiance 2050 on the PS4 under the same account and your Valor rewards should be there. If not, contat support (see below).

If you use a DIFFERENT PSN account to play on the PS4, then:

1) Unlink your PS3 account from Glyph's site (do this via their site, www.glyph.net)
    2) Once unlinked, then link your PS4 account to Glyph's site

If you have any difficulties in this process (I couldn't unlink my PS3 account, the site issued an error message when I tried) you'll have to go through support, opening a ticket at support.trionworlds.com

Hi
    great
    thank you very much for answering, I'll try it

regards
    David

I noticed a lot of my stuff (like the Challenger Hemi) not transferring (nor the various loadout slots that I had). I will admit, I am very, very disappointed with this version so far... the loss of flexibility in builds I can get over (though they need to unnerf Stealth, used to be it actually lasted awhile, and could have time refreshed somewhat.. AND you would restealth after you shot your gun if you had time left). I also feel like they didn't have to shortchange us on the weapon department.. I was looking at my D13 character yesterday to see.. and they took away almost ALL of his weapons (especially the Votan/Volge ones).. makes me a sad panda. I put too much money into D13 to trade over to a game where they took almost all of my stuff (loadout slots, equipment, weapons, etc etc) and leave me with this Shell of a game. Is it fun, yes.. will I play it for any length of time, no.. because I will not work/pay just to get back the stuff I had already paid for.. and especially not with LESS incentives (aka the loss of so many weapons and nerfs). I wonder if we can petition them to continue support for D13 as well as D50?

EDIT: I forgot to mention.. the vehicles in D13 (same category like Rollers) have different stats, yet in D50 they were all made to be the same? What the Deuce is that? Not only dumbing it down in weapons and characters, but in vehicles as well? Seriously? Are you guys just not wanting to put any actual work into the game?

I can see the Arch from the gas station down the road.

Is 500 Valor correct for my account?

Bought the original game in early 2014 for $22 and played 3 characters to between 1500-2000 EGO. Gained some titles and stopped playing regularly in 2015. The emails about D50 went to the spam folder so I just happened upon the new version by checking into D13 last week.

500 Valor doesn't buy much; is there really no way for me to earn up to 1000 where I could buy +10 inventory or +1 loadouts?
    My Purple Camo ATV and the Red Hannibal 800 came over but where is my Dodge Charger?

I know the GM's are very busy with some launch issues but I came away feeling like Trion doesn't want the old players from 2013-2015 to return.
    War, war never changes.

Hi there, Teshawk

Valor used your Pursuit Rating (not EGO value) along with the amount of money spent on the game (typically via the Bits store).

$22 might give you 220 Valor.
    Then the Pursuit Rating from the character with the highest value, would have been added to that.
    For example, your Pursuit Rating might be 200.

So ... 220 + 200 = 420. The Valor then gets rounded up to the nearest 500 ... so that makes it 500. So ... that could be correct.

What is your highest Pursuit Rating?
    If your Pursuit Rating was higher, like 1000, then you should have got 1500 Valor, for example.

And ... I'm sorry 500 Valor only buys a title.

You can the list of what was supposed to be transferable here ... sadly the Dodge Charger is not on the list:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Defiance-2050

I can see the Arch from the gas station down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Hi there, Teshawk

$22 might give you 220 Valor.
    Then the Pursuit Rating from the character with the highest value, would have been added to that.
    For example, your Pursuit Rating might be 200.

So ... 220 + 200 = 420. The Valor then gets rounded up to the nearest 500 ... so that makes it 500. So ... that could be correct.
    That's close, Treshawk has 220 Pursuit so 440.
    Are you sure that's the formula? The GM's reply with the standard response when I asked how to calculate Valor:
    "We are very thankful for your diligence in reporting these issues. I've forwarded your concerns over to our development team. You will not hear back directly regarding this suggestion, "

And ... I'm sorry 500 Valor only buys a title.
    Finishing the storylines that I started 5 years back is on my bucket list and so I really want to try. I thought Trion might at least give +10 inventory to someone that bought the game, watched every episode of the TV series (with commercials) and still has interest in coming back 3 years later.
    Rift retention offers are more alluring than D50...

They could allow us to cover the deficit on Valor purchases with bits, as long as we have Valor, then they aren't giving the special items away to people that had none.
    Tried it in the store but multiple currencies are not possible in the checkout.
    War, war never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teshawk View Post
    That's close, Treshawk has 220 Pursuit so 440.
    Aha, then I think you have the correct amount.

Are you sure that's the formula?
    They never published their formula publicly AFAIK ... they were rather cryptic about it.

But I deduced that formula:
    Valor = Pursuit Rating + Dollars Spent x 10
    Rounded up to the nearest 500

from other people's Valor amounts and from my own on two accounts.

See:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=1#post2121260
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=1#post2124193

My alt account, on which I spent zero Bits, still had 500 Valor ... which must have been from the Pursuit Rating alone. Also, other players mentioned the 1 : 1 ratio for the Pursuit Rating and that fits the data.

It fits everything they told us:
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionMobi View Post
    How do Valor Commendations work?
    Defiance players can earn Valor Commendations by their purchases made and completing Pursuits (achievements) in original Defiance. The character on your original Defiance account with the highest EGO from Pursuits at the designated cutoff date (June 22 at 11:59pm PT) will have their Pursuit EGO score converted into Valor Commendations for Defiance 2050. In Defiance 2050, we plan to offer special cosmetics such as costumes, titles, and vehicle skins for purchase with Valor Commendations along with character boosts.
    https://www.trionworlds.com/defiance...valor-program/
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion
    All purchases in Defiance, including those made prior to the announce of Defiance 2050, will earn Valor Commendations. The amount of Valor Commendations awarded from Pursuits will be based on the EGO rating of the Pursuit. Any Pursuits that don’t currently have an EGO rating will have EGO added to them before Defiance 2050 launches, which means all Pursuits will provide Valor Commendations.
    The character on your original Defiance account with the highest EGO from Pursuits at the designated cutoff date will have their Pursuit EGO score converted into Valor Commendations for Defiance 2050.
    The GM's reply with the standard response when I asked how to calculate Valor
    Typically cryptic and IMHO not very illuminating .

Finishing the storylines that I started 5 years back is on my bucket list and so I really want to try.
    Oh wow! You haven't finished them in the original game? I'm not sure I would remember enough from back then ... I would need a few series recaps! But you should finish them if you are interested to see how the in game storyline develops.

I thought Trion might at least give +10 inventory to someone that bought the game, watched every episode of the TV series (with commercials) and still has interest in coming back 3 years later.
    Rift retention offers are more alluring than D50...
    Yeah, I hear you. I'm not sure they care much about whether we watched the show or not, by now. I bought all 3 seasons on DVD but it was "too late" to apply the Season 3 codes when I started playing.

They could allow us to cover the deficit on Valor purchases with bits, as long as we have Valor, then they aren't giving the special items away to people that had none.
    Tried it in the store but multiple currencies are not possible in the checkout.
    Yeah, I noticed the apparent Bits price for Valor items before that thread was started, but I assumed it was just another bug or remnant from how items are coded in the Bits store (i.e. perhaps code-wise every 'product' for sale must have a Bits price).

Most players don't rate the colour scheme that highly, for the cosmetic items. To me, I don't see the problem whether you spent real cash (in the original game) and got Valor ... or spend the cash now to top-up your Valor.