+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    1) Inventory slots will not be transferred?
    2) As others have said, please, transfer the title "Honorable"
    3) My PS3 account is already linked to Defiance. Since the PS4 I now own uses the same PSN account, I guess I have nothing else to do, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    You're gt is linked to glyph so it will carryover to your xbx1.
    Exactly this. My previous linked info from Xbox 360 carried over to the Xbox One automatically, even though I don't own an Xbox One. The only things remaining for me to link were my Twitch account and my PS4 account.

Now all three are linked to my Trion Worlds account. Neat.
    PS4 NA - Pine Tarr - Castithan - <Shanje Liro> - EGO: 50
    Assault: 25 - Demolitionist: 25

I'm going to reserve judgement until we know for sure what is being transfered and how, but so far it all seems like a kick to the stomach, just to play the same game with an upgraded UI.
    IGN: sixsais
    Server: PC NA
    Clan: Tears of Defiance

If I heard correctly, because of the new modding system, you won't need to carry around a buttload of mods and guns for future use I.E. "I hope I find gun/mod to fit this neat-o thing I have". They pretty much said you won't need as much Inventory. Maybe I heard wrong, but that was gist of it.

I want to keep my "Nice" title. On account of me being a nice guy. Everyone should know it!!
    IGN-Razak Vaseh EGO - right around 4400 these days

Quote Originally Posted by Razoreddie View Post
    If I heard correctly, because of the new modding system, you won't need to carry around a buttload of mods and guns for future use I.E. "I hope I find gun/mod to fit this neat-o thing I have". They pretty much said you won't need as much Inventory. Maybe I heard wrong, but that was gist of it.

I want to keep my "Nice" title. On account of me being a nice guy. Everyone should know it!!
    Sliverbaer was kind enough to post some screenshots from last weeks livestream:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=1#post2080089

Going by the inventory screencap it looks like you can still stockpile guns and mods so there would have to be a reason why people would need less inventory slots. My guess is that because the weapon and mod system is now more generic (no jackpots, synergies, etc) there is no reason to hoard. And since everything is generic and anyone can craft everything the way they want that would also mean that there is probably almost no need for any player trade mechanics to be built into the game as well. So generic, customize-able gear plus no trades would equal less need for inventory. Since Trion is intent on dragging the details about 2050 out for as long as possible only time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    Sliverbaer was kind enough to post some screenshots from last weeks livestream:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=1#post2080089

Going by the inventory screencap it looks like you can still stockpile guns and mods so there would have to be a reason why people would need less inventory slots. My guess is that because the weapon and mod system is now more generic (no jackpots, synergies, etc) there is no reason to hoard. And since everything is generic and anyone can craft everything the way they want that would also mean that there is probably almost no need for any player trade mechanics to be built into the game as well. So generic, customize-able gear plus no trades would equal less need for inventory. Since Trion is intent on dragging the details about 2050 out for as long as possible only time will tell I guess.
    I keep hearing people think there will be no trading in 2050. I hope this doesn't turn out to be true.

psn eyeamabeazt
    Ps3 IGN Beezst
    Ps4 IGN Jocco

Defiance Terminators

Defiance 2050 Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/620335361631550/

Quote Originally Posted by JOCCO5150 View Post
    I keep hearing people think there will be no trading in 2050. I hope this doesn't turn out to be true.
    The economy in general has been a pain point for as long as I can remember. The only tradeable currency does not have an efficient sink which has led to continuously escalating inflation. The non-tradeable currencies like AF and PG are still "traded" but it often leads to scamming. The trade mechanism itself is broken and regularly leads to players getting scammed as well. The Exchange which was created to help alleviate these issues was removed soon after it was released because it ended being exploited. The easiest way to avoid these problems in 2050 would be to not allow trading in the first place. Not to mention the time and money it would save Trion if they didn't have to build and support the proper mechanisms for managing the economy. If it turns out to be the case I wouldn't be surprised if the economy issues helped influence why they are changing how the weapon/gear system is being implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    The economy in general has been a pain point for as long as I can remember. The only tradeable currency does not have an efficient sink which has led to continuously escalating inflation. The non-tradeable currencies like AF and PG are still "traded" but it often leads to scamming. The trade mechanism itself is broken and regularly leads to players getting scammed as well. The Exchange which was created to help alleviate these issues was removed soon after it was released because it ended being exploited. The easiest way to avoid these problems in 2050 would be to not allow trading in the first place. Not to mention the time and money it would save Trion if they didn't have to build and support the proper mechanisms for managing the economy. If it turns out to be the case I wouldn't be surprised if the economy issues helped influence why they are changing how the weapon/gear system is being implemented.
    It would be nice if they would all currencies tradable.

psn eyeamabeazt
    Ps3 IGN Beezst
    Ps4 IGN Jocco

Defiance Terminators

Defiance 2050 Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/620335361631550/

While it would be nice if all titles we've acquired in Defiance 1.0 would transfer over but I realize its asking a bit much, especially for some of the more redundant titles.

I'll try and tier em according to importance:

1: preorder bonuses and/or special circumstance titles:
    Daredevil, Badlands Drifter, Guinea Pig, Honorable, Iron Demon, Insomniac, In Bacon we Trust, Old School, Pale War Ronin, Repo Crew, Steam Powered, The Beast, Armchair Ark Hunter, Trick'd Out

2: Arkfall Event titles:
    By far the biggest amount so it might be possible to have a voting process to transfer the X amount of the top voted, just posting a few of my favorites.
    Wormhole Warrior, Terminator, Radioactive, Charmer, Casanova, etc.

3: in game Pursuit titles:
    Again a huge amount of titles but could probably be narrowed down to those hard few that required dedication. Plus we don't know which if any of these could be recycled rewards for pursuits in 2050.
    Assassin, Ark Technician, Commando, Duelist, Echelon Agent, Ego Master, Freelancer, First Responder, Grid Master, Hell on Wheels, Hero of Paradise, Killing Machine, Legendary Ark Hunter, Ravager, Shadow Operative, etc.

4: Vendor titles:
    Naughty, Nice, Yukifo, etc.

Also bundle titles should probably be included with tier 1, examples: Paradise Patriot, Voyager, Frosty Abomination, Falconer, etc.
    PSN: Null_Wolf

Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the game is made. Defiance-the T-shirt, Defiance-the Coloring Book, Defiance-the Lunch box, Defiance-the Breakfast Cereal, Defiance-the Flame Thrower, Defiance-the Bitstore, Defiance-the 2050.

HELLO - question for you gods of trion ,,,will there still be two servers ( north american and european ) ? i have a profile on each server - each is around 5500 ego . i like to play in usa and europe there is a different vibe and i have friends on each server ... thank you GODS OF TRION i am AT YOU SERVICE ..FROM ME --- turd blossom lol XD PS.....