+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrael View Post
    Will the items, titles, outfits and vehicle that were part of the pre-order rewards be transferred as well?

I bought the Defiance Digital Deluxe Edition which included the following reward bonuses:
    • Dodge Challenger RT High Performance Red
    This is probably the one thing that I would like carried forward the most... my Dodge Challenger. That and the 4-man vehicle with the turret that never developed into anything more than a 4-man golf cart, which was promised from the very beginning. Many of us bought into the original game looking for that one item only to get screwed over hard at the end.

I'm also not very fond of the valor points thing. We supported Trion and their dream in the beginning. The least they could do is show us thanks in return by not making us purchase this stuff a 2nd time and just giving it to us. I mean, there's only backend stuff that's changed. 90% of this game is what we purchased the first time around. I mean it's still got server issues that hasn't been ironed out yet.

How will valor work with x360 to x1? I had to unlink my x360 to get the beta to work on x1.

I see this as a major issue with the valor system.

I too want my red dodge charger.

Thanks,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TheStigsCousin View Post
    I hadn't thought about this until it was brought up. I too played on the xbox before moving to pc. I know I made some purchases on the xbox but also spent a lot of money on the pc side. So if my xbox account is linked, will those purchases be combined with my pc purchases?

Just checked my receipts.
    On the Xbox I have receipts for purchases that total over $200. Checking my Glyph account under transaction history shows nothing. Which is clearly wrong. I know I've spent quite a bit on the PC side, including the Ultimate Collector's Edition and a standard edition.
    I just received this in a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephkial
    Best thing for you to do right now is to make sure that your console account is linked to an actual Trion Worlds account. If you are linked properly, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. You will need your current xbox 360 account linked, and then you will need to link the new platform you are going to be playing on, if its console, to the same Trion account you linked the old platform to (you will be able to link the new platform, once 2050 actually launches). If you will be playing 2050 on the PC, then the only thing you will need to worry about is linking the Xbox 360 account to the Trion PC account.

I have to ditto a lot of the comments already posted regarding concerns over what will and will not be included. As someone who purchased the Ultimate collector's edition, has all the DLCs, and the "lifetime Patron" upgrade, I would certainly be dismayed to lose everything.... I don't believe that it is at all unreasonable for those of us who made that much of a commitment from the very beginning to expect a reasonable trade-off for moving to the new version.

For those who have stated that we shouldn't expect rewards for playing a new game... as others have pointed out, this really isn't a new game, it's simply a revamped version of the existing game. An example of going from an existing game to a new game would be Guild Wars. When Arenanet decided to revamp Guild Wars, they did exactly that. Not only was a massive timejump built into the storyline, but everything was completely redesigned and expanded. So Guild Wars 2 was literally a completely new game. And even though I was a 'founder' for the original, and had happily spent quite a bit of money on expansions, cosmetics, etc., I didn't mind buying into GW2 (since it didn't start out as F2P) BECAUSE it was totally new. And just as importantly, at the same time they also rewarded original GW players. There were rewards of titles, special weapons and armor, special pets, etc, based on progress recorded in the 'Hall of Monuments' in GW1 - sort of like the pursuit system in Defiance. Plus, and this was a big one for a lot of us, even though the actual characters couldn't carry over, the character names did. And that wasn't for just one character but all of them.

And staying with the GW model, for those who have said that well, if we're not happy with the new version we can keep playing the old... with GW the original still exists even now, but it's not really supported by Arenanet anymore. I expect that's what we'll see here as well.

can somebody help me with this ?

can players from ps3 or xbox360 transfer their data to PC defiance ? well im on windows 10 thant might be a different thing

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiera View Post
    For those who have stated that we shouldn't expect rewards for playing a new game... as others have pointed out, this really isn't a new game, it's simply a revamped version of the existing game. An example of going from an existing game to a new game would be Guild Wars. When Arenanet decided to revamp Guild Wars, they did exactly that. Not only was a massive timejump built into the storyline, but everything was completely redesigned and expanded. So Guild Wars 2 was literally a completely new game. And even though I was a 'founder' for the original, and had happily spent quite a bit of money on expansions, cosmetics, etc., I didn't mind buying into GW2 (since it didn't start out as F2P) BECAUSE it was totally new. And just as importantly, at the same time they also rewarded original GW players. There were rewards of titles, special weapons and armor, special pets, etc, based on progress recorded in the 'Hall of Monuments' in GW1 - sort of like the pursuit system in Defiance. Plus, and this was a big one for a lot of us, even though the actual characters couldn't carry over, the character names did. And that wasn't for just one character but all of them.

And staying with the GW model, for those who have said that well, if we're not happy with the new version we can keep playing the old... with GW the original still exists even now, but it's not really supported by Arenanet anymore. I expect that's what we'll see here as well.
    Not to mention the fact that with the Hall of Monuments, GW1 players can still work towards earning rewards in GW2 - there is no cutoff date. So it baffles me that we only have a limited time to complete as many of these pursuits as possible just in order to try to carry over stuff we have already earned. Quite frankly, not only shouldn't there be a cut off date for earning valor, but we should also be able to earn ways to carry over our pursuit completion to the new game.

Since there isn't a whole lot changing, that I have seen thus far, I have no desire to re-grind out time trials, rampages, and the like in the new game just to get back to the point where I am now in this game. Some of it was enjoyable, but a lot was just annoying and I was just glad to get it done and never have to go back to it. And this is especially true if the pursuits are not account-wide in 2050. With the new class system there, it appears that anyone desiring to play each class will have to do so each on a new character. To put it bluntly, the heck with that. My time is very limited, so what time I do have to play Defiance, I would rather do it here to finish off the reputation and pursuits I have not yet completed. I got way too much time invested here to start fresh with the same stuff in a slightly updated version of the same game.

Streamer and Trion Creator
    https://twitch.tv/BJWyler

I can't login on my 360, so how will the valor from pursuits on it be tallied and how can I see what the valor I should be getting so I can pick whether to pull from PC of my 360 ? I played alot more on 360 as I watched the show and played while watching. How will I be able to pick which I send valor from or will it be automatic?

Quote Originally Posted by Krymzon View Post
    I can't login on my 360, so how will the valor from pursuits on it be tallied and how can I see what the valor I should be getting so I can pick whether to pull from PC of my 360 ? I played alot more on 360 as I watched the show and played while watching. How will I be able to pick which I send valor from or will it be automatic?
    For valor to be tallied, you need to link your XBox Live account to Trion's site.

Don't worry, you don't need a console to link your account to Trion. It can all be done via their website, you'll only need to have your XBox Live credentials information on hand, to supply them on the spot. The same goes for PS3/PSN users.

Here's the FAQ to link accounts, in there, you'll find the exact page where to do it:

https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/e...orlds-account-

Regarding which account will be used to tally the valor, Trion said it will choose the highest pursuit rating among all of your characters, so I assume this includes all of your toons on all of your linked accounts. Meaning you don't get to choose the account/character where valor is tallied from, it will be done automatically for you. You only get to choose where this Valor will be sent to.

Trion, I have a question about valor transference.

We already know valor will be tallied from our currently linked account. Ok.

We also already know that this tallied valor can be sent to PS4/XBox One/PC accounts. And we get to choose which.

That being said, my question seems obvious, but I just want a reassurance: will we be able to send valor from our currently linked PSN account to *another* unlinked PSN account?

To be very specific, I was planning to create a new Brazilian PSN account just for Defiance 2050. Starting from scratch. I'd like to send valor from my current US PSN account to that new account.

If possible, seems I would need to create this new account and link it as well, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by z900rs View Post
    How will valor work with x360 to x1? I had to unlink my x360 to get the beta to work on x1.

I see this as a major issue with the valor system.

I too want my red dodge charger.

Thanks,
    Chris
    i had a similar issue with my ps4 link.Would not connect my ps4 till i unlink my ps3 account,then just used the code in game to re link my ps3.You also need to set up a glyph tag to link you consoles.