+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bonfire/Sludge Buff/Nerf

Sludges are a utility based weapon that usually dont see alot of play... but I see them being used much more.

Would it be possible to make the sludge act like the bonfire or vis versa?

Sludges dont need to actually do damage to the player for it to be affecting the player. It creates a pool which acts like a really efficient Bio nade.

I think a good change would be to make the sludge only proc when they are hit by the projectile like bonfires... or make bonfires like sludges where we can block off areas or create pools of fire.

If this is implemented I dont think it should touch the corrupter since those are very rare and should be able to do something that unique. However getting ur movement speed and damage hindered constantly is no fun... I think everyone can agree on that.

If you didnt know a player that has bio procced on em does 25% less damage and takes 50% more armor plate damage and has decreased movement speed... something like this shouldnt be spammed like it has been recently.

People spam it without a second thought since it creates a pool instead of actually trying to hit someone with it.
    Making em like bonfires would be better but If this doesnt happen I wanna see bonfires like sludges.
    Not easy. Just simple.

Really? Out of the 50+ people who viewed this didnt have anything to say? I must be the only one thinking sludge spam is a problem.
    Not easy. Just simple.

Its mostly just an annoyance to be honest, not many use it regular on pcna, theres just the odd one or 2 really lame players that use it often, one even uses cloak aswell lol

I got a crazy good perfected nvf one i get out every now and again, if i feel a bit trollish
    -Anto PC NA

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Harrist View Post
    Its mostly just an annoyance to be honest, not many use it regular on pcna, theres just the odd one or 2 really lame players that use it often, one even uses cloak aswell lol

I got a crazy good perfected nvf one i get out every now and again, if i feel a bit trollish
    For ps3 NA we have multiple people a match using sludges or corruptors. They usually group in planning on disrupting the semi chillness of pvp for the day. It’s beyond annoying when you have three people on one match spamming sludge bio nades and corrupters... I don’t mind the corrupters as much since they are rare but sludges are slowly making there way into everyone’s inventories in PS3 NA...
    Not easy. Just simple.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityDusk View Post
    I must be the only one thinking sludge spam is a problem.
    Well as far as ps3 na goes, sludge spaming has always been a problem that people have complained about. I think people have just given up complaining about it because, more than likely, nothing will ever be done about it.

Before the 65% damage nerf you would see some people running a sludge + tn bb or a corruptor + longshot.

After the 65% damage nerf, if you could get your hands on a jp br, any old br + sludge was a good choice.

Leave the game for almost 2 years( RNG for everything made the game feel to toxic to play because even buying PP's felt like you we're being ripped off) and come back to whole groups sludge spamming. It is annoying but it turns out people are doing this to counter electro rigs... lol gg Trion

I would love to see bonfires leave a fire pool tbh but think it would take too much effort to code it properly. A quick and easy solution would be to increase blast radius, tick dmg and nano proc.( I have a 1 in 4 proc chance with the rad pandemonium bonfire I bought off you )
    D1 will be remembered as one of the most successful salty mining operations in video game history.

Sludges are a utility based weapon that usually dont see alot of play... but I see them being used much more.

Would it be possible to make the sludge act like the bonfire or vis versa?

Sludges dont need to actually do damage to the player for it to be affecting the player. It creates a pool which acts like a really efficient Bio nade.

I think a good change would be to make the sludge only proc when they are hit by the projectile like bonfires... or make bonfires like sludges where we can block off areas or create pools of fire.

If this is implemented I dont think it should touch the corrupter since those are very rare and should be able to do something that unique. However getting ur movement speed and damage hindered constantly is no fun... I think everyone can agree on that.

If you didnt know a player that has bio procced on em does 25% less damage and takes 50% more armor plate damage and has decreased movement speed... something like this shouldnt be spammed like it has been recently.

People spam it without a second thought since it creates a pool instead of actually trying to hit someone with it.
    Making em like bonfires would be better but If this doesnt happen I wanna see bonfires like sludges.
    This is my experience with Sludge (and you can call me Sukamon if you want):

My Berserk Sludge RL is from PI syn and has ~95k DMG in my loadout. With the 65% PvP Nerf in the damage, it causes ~33k, basically the damage it normally was possible to cause B4 the 103% DMG buff.

Its actual damage can break a shield easilly, and if you consider the nano of mine (elec), it breaks a shield with one shot, considering a player without dmg diffusors or resistors.

Because of the pvp nerf, I don't see any changes on it, 'cuz when this buff/nerf wasn't on, Depravity had 33k DMG aswell.

Why do I use Sludge RL? Easy: it is a great support-type gun, even without this buff.

Sig by Tauriiel
    Assista aos meus vídeos/Watch my videos
    Playing at: PS3 NA / Só vem!! >>> Galaxy Rangers xBrazilx PSN

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0Playr View Post
    This is my experience with Sludge (and you can call me Sukamon if you want):

My Berserk Sludge RL is from PI syn and has ~95k DMG in my loadout. With the 65% PvP Nerf in the damage, it causes ~33k, basically the damage it normally was possible to cause B4 the 103% DMG buff.

Its actual damage can break a shield easilly, and if you consider the nano of mine (elec), it breaks a shield with one shot, considering a player without dmg diffusors or resistors.

Because of the pvp nerf, I don't see any changes on it, 'cuz when this buff/nerf wasn't on, Depravity had 33k DMG aswell.

Why do I use Sludge RL? Easy: it is a great support-type gun, even without this buff.
    Well the damage wasn’t the issue and I’m pretty sure sludges have 65% dmg buff in pvp...

My issue was the amount of spam. People literally litter the floor with these making it almost impossible to move anywhere.
    Not easy. Just simple.

Well the damage wasn’t the issue and I’m pretty sure sludges have 65% dmg buff in pvp...

My issue was the amount of spam. People literally litter the floor with these making it almost impossible to move anywhere.
    Roll......
    "It is what it is..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    I can assure you that we care deeply about Defiance.
    PSN-rebtattoo IGN-Reb Aingeal
    PS3na
    187 Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Aingeal View Post
    Roll......
    You obviously have never played someone who does nothing but spam a sludge. Rolling does close to nothing if you are constantly being bioe. Youll roll and theyll fire again, slowly killing you... etc

Changing it so you actually need to hit someone to have the effect would be a relatively good change.

Simply saying roll doesnt do much either. Anyone who can call themselves decent at pvp would know that rolling removes nano effects and infection.
    Not easy. Just simple.

You obviously have never played someone who does nothing but spam a sludge. Rolling does close to nothing if you are constantly being bioe. Youll roll and theyll fire again, slowly killing you... etc

Changing it so you actually need to hit someone to have the effect would be a relatively good change.

Simply saying roll doesnt do much either. Anyone who can call themselves decent at pvp would know that rolling removes nano effects and infection.
    Uhh If you say someone who calls themselves decent at pvp knows rolling removes nano effects and infection...well uhh doesn't Sludge have a bio nano effect when in the area or range of the splash from the sludge? Kind of defeats the purpose of your post...
    "If Defiance had more content , we wouldn't have time to troll"
    "Guns shots sound like cans being thrown at the floor"
    "Defiance is just Warframe but without the flips"
    "Only Disappointments get transferred"
    "Having to deal with this companies rng structure gives worse odds than the powerball!"