+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

For Devs: Valor systems is not fair to old players atm.

The valor systems is NOT even close to fair to players right now. I understand that you guys at TRION dont play this game everyday all day, so you dont probably realize this without us players telling you.. BUT giving Valor only based on Pursuits and total store purchases is NOT fair.. Especially pursuits.. You see pursuit- and ego ratings can be maxed in under a week.. There are players who have played this game thousands, if not even tens of thousands of hours, and they still havent maxed their pursuits.. And then there are total noobs who have played more than weeks, and they are fully maxed.. For example I have played this game about 6000 something hours, and my pursuits are not maxed. I am maxing them now though, but you get my point.. Also some players have not used the store, even though they are day one players, and some still noob players spend fortunes.. This Valor-system right now is not fair..

Why not making valor system based on something what REALLY shows how much someone has played the game, and therefore shows how much he deserves those points... For example this game keeps track of every single player how much they have played.. If you turn on system-messages and type /played, it shows exactly how many 24h days you have played.. Why not make the system based ALSO on something like that for example? OR it would be too big job either to simply code some program which takes in account more than just pursuits and store purchases..

I understand that Valor-system is TRIONs way to recognize and show gratitude to old players, but still us not being able to transfer our stuff, and then you givin us a faulty second hand system, is straight insult to us. It only gives idea to people that you dont care to give any real effort to your already existing player-base who really are the ones who should get the thanks for making this game, and community to what it is now. So please TRION put some thought into this, and make this Valor-system GOOD. Think very carefully what you put into the valor-store, and who deserves how much Valor-points.. This transfer/valor issue is at the moment the biggest main issue your existing player base has. I'm tired of seeing zone-chat and forums do nothing else than cry about this, so I took matter into my own hand and write this message to you, risking getting banned for criticism.
    XBOX360 EU

GT: Barbababaa

Clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about. You said that pursuit ratings can be maxed under a week, which leads me to believe that you are completely ignorant to what pursuit ratings even are.

I don't think you could max pursuit rating in a week even if you had a team taking turns playing your character nonstop.

Quote Originally Posted by passe View Post
    You see pursuit- and ego ratings can be maxed in under a week
    Highly doubtful if not impossible...but I do like the idea of factoring in your total playtime.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

would really like to see how this is done considering it takes 25 days to complete the rep vendors

Betrayed

I maxed out a toon in about 3 weeks except for expeditions ,the valor system is a lack luster reward for the lose of our inventory ,our toons wealth and outfits and money spent ,its a good idea to reward more valor for time played but then people would just log into the game and go do something else collecting time ,so trion wont go for that .The only reward should have been an account transfer not some valor reward for new costume's that everyone will have or stupid titles that i never wore .

You are missing the point here. The point is that week or 3, the pursuit is not good for seeing who deserves how much valor. The time what is needed to do pursuits is nothing to how much we have played this game. There are ALOT full rating noobs, and it tells anothing of who deserves how much valor. There are already coded in the game much better ways to do that. I understand that total purchases at shop gives people valor because they have put their own money into the game, but pursuits should NOT be so big part of the valor. 6000 ego and 2k pursuits does not say anything if you're a total newbie or not. Those are the first thing a regular player does in the game usually. Those who really deserve bigger amount of valor points, should be found in better ways. And like I said, there are already better ways coded in the game, so why not use them? This system right now favors noobs, and forget those who have dedivated thousands, or even tens of thousands of hours into this. My 6000 hours is nothing compared to players who have been here from the start. This was my point. TRION probably wont realize this unless we tell them. So guys stop crying in the zone chat "trion this, trion that" but then do nothing about these issues. If there are real issues, we have to have balls to tell devs about them. Criticism with real reason behind it, is recommended.. Simple badmouthing is just immature.
    XBOX360 EU

Quote Originally Posted by Hate View Post
    I maxed out a toon in about 3 weeks except for expeditions ,the valor system is a lack luster reward for the lose of our inventory ,our toons wealth and outfits and money spent ,its a good idea to reward more valor for time played but then people would just log into the game and go do something else collecting time ,so trion wont go for that .The only reward should have been an account transfer not some valor reward for new costume's that everyone will have or stupid titles that i never wore .
    Yep good point. If they include something like total time played, it would be wise to e just an addition to these pursuits and total purchases. And maybe total time in longer period of time would be wise than just plain total hours.. But yeah I dont mean that total time would be the only answer. It was just simply an example If they put more thought into this, im sure that this valor system can be very good and there would be something for everyone, and not forgetting anyone.. Lets not give up just yet. We have to also understand TRION that these ideas are still very young, and that they are evolving still, so we have to give them time also guys Keep giving them these suggestions, and showing them how much these issues matter. Im sure that when the time comes to launch the full game, it will be all good
    XBOX360 EU

the main things i want rewarded with valor that haven't been mentioned is if ya actually bought the game before it went free 2 play, and also if ya bought season pass, i definitely think those people deserve extra valor for supporting the game since it launched pretty much
    GamerTag - PurePlayinSerb
    Clan - Defiant Few (Founder)
    Character Name - Stinger

got bored, added up my chrs. 633 days played total and thats with having this thing called a full time job