+ Reply to Thread

Golden Gate Bridge Monolith 2050

I heard a legend saying that once a mighty monolith was guarding access to San Francisco.
    This Monolith killed every Arkhunter who tried to get past him.
    Brave clans and groups of unafraid Arkhunters tried to destroy the giant...the legend says it was a lot of fun.

When I first came to the bridge, there was nothing but silence. Nothing stopped me. Nothing blocked the way.
    Only the mines beeped behind me.
    The second time I came to the bridge, I saw the Monolith and it was impressive! During my fight against the Dark Matter, I thought: "How shall I beat this monstrosity?"
    The answer came in a disappointing video sequence during which I thought all the time: "Why can't I do it myself?! Why is my character now on autopilot?"

I would suggest bringing this legend back in 2050.
    I heard a lot about it during the 3 years I'm playing Defiance. But I only heard how much the Monolith is missing from the players, who can remember him.
    I did some research, trying to find the reason why he was removed. I could not find any patch notes or an official explanation ...but I found this Thread:http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ase-reconsider

If the Monolith has been removed because the "Across the Badlands"-episode-pursuits-stuff ...why couldn't he come back? And what speaks against bringing him back for 2050?
    If San Francisco is still occupied by the Dark Matter it would makes sense that they still want guard the entrance. By 2050, they had 4 years to better protect the bridge.

Perhaps you could make 2 mission, one is a solo stealth-based mission similar to the current mission, but we would have to sneak up on the Monolith to mount the transmitter.

The other mission could be co-op based (or very high-EGO-level) and we would have to fight against the Monolith with a large group and proper tactics. My idea so far: when a player starts the mission, an icon appears on the map visible to everyone. At the beginning of the mission, we are still far from the Monolith and fighting waves of Dark Matter, this should give other players time to join (building groups, informing clans, etc). It will be harder and harder the more players arrive and the closer we get to the Monolith.

If D2050 is supposed to have even more and even bigger open-world events, I think then this Monolith would fit well.

I would be happy to hear what other Arkhunters think of the idea, especially those who have fought against the Monolith. You were the ones who kept this legend alive! Thank you for that.
    PC/EU - Neutronenstern
    Char1: Lunia Vibes; Char2: Aymee Vibes; Char3: Taja ria; Char4: Meeka; Char5: Therelia; Char6: Ne'nani
    PTS - Neutronenstern
    Char1: Lunia Vibes; Char2: Meeka
    PC "Ignatz":
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ - 4 Gb DDR2 - Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 550 2Gb @ 1920x1080

I'm all for bringing it back as it would force people to play the story missions to atleast that point if they wanted to go to San Francisco but I believe there was also ways to get around it way back when.

What about the story that, so called alien technology fixed the bridge over time?
    That would be some nice addition to the game, also getting rid of that fallen Stratocarrier ship nearby Earth Republic.
    Of course it would need some story changement, so I don't know if it's possible to implement because all what is going to be changed are textures and toons handling.
    bridge.jpg
    Spoiler:

Thank you both for your replies

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    I'm all for bringing it back as it would force people to play the story missions to atleast that point if they wanted to go to San Francisco but I believe there was also ways to get around it way back when.
    Yes I think it's not uncommon that some areas can only be reached or unlocked by missions or after a certain level is reached. And it works as long as the players are not be forced to enter this area within a short time to get a unique reward. There is and was the possibility to teleport to a friend or clanmate in SF...so when we can do this in 2050 I can't see why we shoud not get the Bridge Monolith back ...to his glory

Quote Originally Posted by KNN View Post
    What about the story that, so called alien technology fixed the bridge over time?
    That would be some nice addition to the game, also getting rid of that fallen Stratocarrier ship nearby Earth Republic.
    Of course it would need some story changement, so I don't know if it's possible to implement because all what is going to be changed are textures and toons handling.
    Attachment 11237
    Hmmm, yes we should have found enough alien technology in arkfalls to fix some things.
    The New Freedom is burning since 5 years and with 2050 it will burn 10 years ...I think the E-Reps should've put out the fire and make their headquarters out of it.
    I really hope we will see some changes in story and, above all, expansion!

I thought...maybe, if a Mission with Monolith is too hard for some players...the Mission could be transformed into a siege? Maybe ideas can be mixed
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...44#post2084344
    PC/EU - Neutronenstern
    Char1: Lunia Vibes; Char2: Aymee Vibes; Char3: Taja ria; Char4: Meeka; Char5: Therelia; Char6: Ne'nani
    PTS - Neutronenstern
    Char1: Lunia Vibes; Char2: Meeka
    PC "Ignatz":
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ - 4 Gb DDR2 - Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 550 2Gb @ 1920x1080

Then there can be fixed bridge (with some auto turrets added perhaps) and monolith on it, so maybe it would be done by dark matter to better protect that place and let them drive from island to island without troubles to them
    Spoiler: