+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

Defiance Livestream 3/16 - Assault Class Preview

Hey Ark Hunters!

This Friday we will be taking an early look at the Assault class and some of the class system user-interface (UI). Last week we discussed the Valor program and new Pursuits added to Defiance. Check out the 3/9 livestream video here. Feel free to ask questions about the upcoming livestream and what classes you are excited to see!

Defiance Livestream is Friday at 10:30am PT at https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

See you Friday!
    Scott "Mobi" Jasper
    Community Manager

From that screenshot, I take it that these are the classes:

Assassin
    Assault
    Guardian
    Medic
    Demolitionist
    Crusader
    Engineer
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

I've been under the impression, from all the "you can play the way you want to play" rhetoric, that I would be able to do just that...

I may be making a large assumption here, but it looks as though, if I want to play the Assault Class, I can only use blur. If this isn't true, I apologize in advanced.

Some clarification on this will be nice, if it's given...
    "It is what it is..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    I can assure you that we care deeply about Defiance.
    PSN-rebtattoo
    PS3na IGN-Reb Aingeal
    187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN - Reb

Quote Originally Posted by Calm like a Bomb View Post

Assassin
    Assault
    Guardian
    Medic
    Demolitionist
    Crusader
    Engineer
    That looks like you can't choose the ego power, you get three bonus abilities, and then 8 perks. And looks like you get Plus 5% damage for that class

psn eyeamabeazt
    Ps3 IGN Beezst
    Ps4 IGN Jocco

Ps3 Defiance Terminators
    Ps4 Devils Rejects

Defiance 2050 Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/620335361631550/

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Aingeal View Post
    I've been under the impression, from all the "you can play the way you want to play" rhetoric, that I would be able to do just that...

I may be making a large assumption here, but it looks as though, if I want to play the Assault Class, I can only use blur. If this isn't true, I apologize in advanced.

That's what it's looking like. "you will play like this with these perks", and if so, add it to the list of things they're screwing up before day 1.
    Vylet ... Out of ammo since day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Trick83 View Post
    That's what it's looking like. "you will play like this with these perks", and if so, add it to the list of things they're screwing up before day 1.

I’m actually really worried about this class system, I hope the classes are optional or we can make our own, one of the best parts for me about defiance is being able to build your load out how you like, being forced to have certain perks is going to be horrible

It’s great for new players, but not so great for anyone that knows what there doing

There needs to be a lot of feedback asked to us about these classes, tbh I think we know better how this game works

Edit:got this horrible feeling it’s going to be 8 set perks, plus a set grenade spike and stim for each class, I really hope I’m wrong though
    Antony Harrist - PC NA

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Aingeal View Post

Yes clarifcation is needed. Ive always considered blur to be for melee (which I dont see listed), and overcharge as assault.

The bonus listed shows AR, is that also for SMG?

My fav weapon is my MOTU and that is both a bullet and explosive weapon and currently I have ego perks that cover both on the same loadout, will that still be possible with this new system?

Will the class choice stack with armor and weapon synergies like the way assault armament does now?

-Thx

Just on the surface this looks terribly limiting to what we have now. I have trouble believing they would limit ergo powers to classes. That would be frustrating if that is the new way. I love the system we have now as you can tailor your character to maximize for every event, xpo etc. I have never like games that box you into one class type at the detriment of other weapons, perks, etc. Hope the stream will shed some light concerning the new game mechanics.
    Update Mods, Chips, Weapons

Updated Often: 1000+ Items
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...Inventory-list

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZg...XHv1A9dCkd7yNg

In Game ID: 007Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Calm like a Bomb View Post

Assassin
    Assault
    Guardian
    Medic
    Demolitionist
    Crusader
    Engineer
    can't wait to find out more about these, with medic i'm assuming it will be a bmg class, i will make an infector bmg class with that one, looks like we will have more creativity and options in building loadouts in 2050
    GamerTag - PurePlayinSerb
    Clan - Defiant Few (Founder)
    Character Name - Stinger