+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Defiance 2050 Question - What's the story?

People have been focusing on what they can carry over from Defiance to Defiance 2050 I haven't seen another important question asked:

Is there going to be more story content (at launch and beyond) expanding upon the story that has been told so far in our current Defiance game?

Last time we got something was in regards to the shrill. Are we going to see any new story content or is this simply a port to current general hardware with mechanic changes involved? The small bit of game play we saw on the stream was at Happy Pow farms doing the same repeat mission to smash the eggs and rescue the guy for Cooper.

I for one want the story to continue. Chasing arkfalls is fun and all, but I want to know WHY we are still in Paradise when there is an entire planet to explore.
    IrathientLivesMatter | Kasumi | Sgt Engee | Veedo

Where the sun comes out daytime & the moon nighttime
    Quote Originally Posted by neko_gunner View Post
    People have been focusing on what they can carry over from Defiance to Defiance 2050 I haven't seen another important question asked:

Is there going to be more story content (at launch and beyond) expanding upon the story that has been told so far in our current Defiance game?

Last time we got something was in regards to the shrill. Are we going to see any new story content or is this simply a port to current general hardware with mechanic changes involved? The small bit of game play we saw on the stream was at Happy Pow farms doing the same repeat mission to smash the eggs and rescue the guy for Cooper.

I for one want the story to continue. Chasing arkfalls is fun and all, but I want to know WHY we are still in Paradise when there is an entire planet to explore.

Yes, good point there! The game should have an extension to the story that was presented in Defiance otherwise what's the point of Defiance 2050 in the first place! There must be some kind of motivation/direction as to what we do in-game. At the same time, I'm sure further clarity on the existing story would be most welcomed.

PS: Hey...lovely cat!

It's the same story the game is just being modified/streamlined and upgraded for next gen compatibility
    IGN: Severous 5881, Txxx McGee 1135, JJ Fad 743
    PSN:MadMatt-a-tat-ta
    Insomniac Hunters

Did we get any kind of official word from the developers on this?

I ask because while I'll be happy to have a more stable and better looking Defiance, I don't know if I have any reason to play it personally just based on this fact alone. At least not very long. With the exception of one person, all of my fellow clan players have quit the game and not touched it for a long period of time. I still have a few people on my friends list in game that I see here on the forums from time to time, but most of the community that I was a part of that made the game enjoyable for me is gone. I don't what Defiance 2050 could offer me if there is nothing fresh to experience.

Now, if there is new story content, THAT would be worth playing for.

Did we get any kind of official word from the developers on this?

I ask because while I'll be happy to have a more stable and better looking Defiance, I don't know if I have any reason to play it personally just based on this fact alone. At least not very long. With the exception of one person, all of my fellow clan players have quit the game and not touched it for a long period of time. I still have a few people on my friends list in game that I see here on the forums from time to time, but most of the community that I was a part of that made the game enjoyable for me is gone. I don't what Defiance 2050 could offer me if there is nothing fresh to experience.

And with that ladies and Germs there's nothing further to add.
    "It's my disaster friend, not yours."
    "If this isn't a mess, it'll do till one gets here."
    This is TRION here endith the Lesson.
    Thanks Tauriiel Now XBox1

Exactly this!
    Haphae-lad lodash vo Maladin!

"Worry more about your character than your reputation. Character is what you are, reputation merely what others think you are." -- John Wooden

PC EU: Stormraven Warwind
    Clan: Red Thugs

Defiance only needs one class "Arkhunter"

Well, it seems my question has been answered here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...otherlode-2050

It seems that, at least for the time being, it is a copying of the original game storyline. Also, it might be because I'm watching this on my smartphone, but the game only looks slightly darker. Not really better in terms of graphical fidelity.

Not really better in terms of graphical fidelity.
    That was my opinion as well after watching it.
    Haphae-lad lodash vo Maladin!

"Worry more about your character than your reputation. Character is what you are, reputation merely what others think you are." -- John Wooden

PC EU: Stormraven Warwind
    Clan: Red Thugs

Defiance only needs one class "Arkhunter"

Is there going to be more story content (at launch and beyond) expanding upon the story that has been told so far in our current Defiance game? Last time we got something was in regards to the shrill. Are we going to see any new story content or is this simply a port to current general hardware with mechanic changes involved? The small bit of game play we saw on the stream was at Happy Pow farms doing the same repeat mission to smash the eggs and rescue the guy for Cooper.

Question's anomalies were answered in detail during the Ark Grand Hall's Celebrations, related with Scarr Note's reason for leading Central Horizon to lighting the Beacon of the 4th Project Ascension, that masked the/his Ending 2050/Planet Ark Retirement, with World Ark's Hub organizing for the 5th Project Ascension, continuing from the 4th Project Ascension....

(Must read, but must also purchase between the Ark-Lines to understand Elements connected to Influence that's being transfered, as Rights Of Passages/Passagers, or you'll be repeating an concluded rehearsal joining many Game Travelers)

My brain hurts now.