+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: Defiance 2050 seems...

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Shadow View Post
    This really does seem like a slightly watered down version of defiance but the more i play into the beta the more it doesn't seem watered down, the more it seems gutted as a cash grab. Of all the things that needed changing, no changes were made. Things that didn't need changing, and were changed, seem to be a step back. Things that should have been updated and built upon just weren't. The only real change made to the game seems to be not just THAT it was broken up but how and why, to which, the only answer is money. They've done nothing of actual value here, aside from cutting the game down for the sole purpose of selling you back everything you've already done/bought/accomplished, all over again. I didn't see anything that would warrant this not just being a massive update to the existing game, nothing to warrant having to start all the long-term fans and players having to start at Zero... EXCEPT, now they've even turned that loyalty into a currency. A currency, specifically made, just to rebuy your old stuff back.

That's not a new game, just a new low.
    Well , I’ll have to admit , I feel the same way ... yea looks a lil cooler on PS4 but I am still on the fence if I want to go through the whole same game a ninth time , especially minus my inv slots etc
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    I can assure you this is the exact opposite of Defiance 2050. New in game systems add depth to the game that has never been seen before, not only increasing the choice that each player will have in the way they wish to play, but also increasing the complexity. Nothing about Defiance 2050 is watered down. Sign up for the beta, and I can promise you that you will see what I mean.
    Based on how the perks are locked and you cant pick your own for your own style...the game is NOT PLAY HOW YOU LIKE OR YOUR OWN STYLE. the way it currently is its play how we want you to play and sadly even after 3 4 5 years you guys still dont get it. and yes even tho its beta it IS watered down

We need def13 for ps4

DEF13>def2050

Quote Originally Posted by Federiko View Post
    DEF13>def2050
    Not as far as server stability goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Heishiro Mitsurugi View Post
    no br's
    That's good, BRs removed the need to actually aim in a shooter. As soon as they got buffed, most of the population started using BRs.
    Multishot is innately hard to balance and getting rid of it was a good move.

nerfed mc's
    Mass Cannons aren't in-game anymore so they weren't nerfed. They will however have a prototype variant that will be introduced at launch.

no pl8 dmg scoring
    So people will actually use the most effective nano for the job instead of just using the nano that awards the most score. Seems like a pretty good decision to me.

no swords as offhand "what is a Samurai without sword by his side at all times or near in any situation"
    Fair enough.

no editing perks on fly in situations or trying new perks with ease
    You can respec and re-invest your points but I do agree that there should be an option to de-invest points from the currently highest ranked tier to allow for easy re-investing.

no trading "vendor will be happy"
    This one is a mixed bag. On the one-hand, it's harder to obtain the gear you want.
    On the other, it allows Trion to balance rewards much more easily, as they don't have to think about how reward changes will affect the market.

no gains player to player by scrip "met so many good people and huge player bonding"
    What?

no true custom classes too structured
    Structure is good. It makes Trion's job at balancing perks sooo much easier, which in turn let's us players have a class where all perks are useful instead of the old EGO grid in which most perks did nothing and a few select perks were staple in every build.

Defiance 2050 - nerf drift 13b 88 "me"
    Again: what?

WhiteStrike - I h8 aiming hip fire a thing irl too btw whats next make us aim with carb? i wanna kick doors in and spray and focus on movement no aiming thats how you get killed standing still or moving slow ...

No mc's yuck what i met by nerfed, structured prototypes nty look at jps in d13 trion dont know good rolls and it will be weak bet

Bio might be score ***** towards pl8s and armor similar and will be a thing so maybe some saving grace but bio so much more then that rips enemy dmg reduction, reduces enemy dmg, halts enemy speed and imo best pve nano or expos

my perks never stay same

i dont care how items affect market i adapt

no gains player to player by scrip aka trading to get better gear or build lil by lil to get a bigger item idk how you dont grasp my meaning in op post

Take useless perks out then but idc i want true control always on my classes and more flexibility bring on chaos not structured crap learn by trial n error really not feeling limitations idea

again... idk how you dont grasp obviously its affecting my play style in many ways if not all ways so yes im calling it nerf drift aka me 2050

Some might be drinking the coolaid but im not needs more sugar less water and after taste gross.

To be shaping up to be the nerfed, watered down
    True!

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    Nothing about Defiance 2050 is watered down. Sign up for the beta, and I can promise you that you will see what I mean.
    Well, they're saying the truth. You've removed /nerfed every great aspect of Defiance and now taking these to D2050 i mean... Besides, removing many other parts while adding complicated and totally un-ncesessary stuff.

I''ll quote a post of mine from another thread in case any trion staff member hasn't seen it:

Quote Originally Posted by defiancegame View Post
    Push it back a year no problem as long as there is something THRILLING and NEW to play! Playing the same exact old missions and nerfed stuff that's a NO NO for me.
    Do you realise how great the event drops system was until you removed it?
    Do you realise how great the old PvP was until you deployed that patch that completely changed pvp to the worse?
    Do you relalise how great all other nerfed parts of the game were prior to nerfs?
    Do you realise that people enjoyed playing these things and invested time and money to enjoy playing them.

PS: I don't mean to interfere with your work or anything merely stating the obvious.

And i really hope to see a glamorous Defiance one day,..

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy303 View Post
    We also want honesty and transparency. Don't say one thing and then do another. And silence is worst of all. Don't say our voices matter and just completely ignore us.
    How hard will it be to bring the HUNT back? Remove nerfs and let us enjoy it before it's gone!
    ``Some people can't leave things be, they have to ruin it for everyone else!``

its seems like its getting set up to fail. too overly complex.

True!

Well, they're saying the truth. You've removed /nerfed every great aspect of Defiance and now taking these to D2050 i mean... Besides, removing many other parts while adding complicated and totally un-ncesessary stuff.

I''ll quote a post of mine from another thread in case any trion staff member hasn't seen it:

Do you realise how great the event drops system was until you removed it?
    Do you realise how great the old PvP was until you deployed that patch that completely changed pvp to the worse?
    Do you relalise how great all other nerfed parts of the game were prior to nerfs?
    Do you realise that people enjoyed playing these things and invested time and money to enjoy playing them.

PS: I don't mean to interfere with your work or anything merely stating the obvious.

And i really hope to see a glamorous Defiance one day,..

How great PvP was? PvP was never great in Defiance.
    It started out good. Then people discovered thr power of shotguns and infectors and it became bad. Then, after the Syphon nerf that toned down bullet weapons, a necessary nerf might I add, people realized how powerful explosives were and it became even worse. Then Surge Bolters were introduced and it became an unbalanced mess of Surge Bolter wars. Afterwards, Blast Rifles got overbuffed and PvP became spray and pray central.

Then the crit changes happened. They were a bandaid, an easy route for balance that while it did make explosives and infectors more balanced, it made multishot weapons (Surge Bolters and Blast Rifles) even more unbalanced as they were the only weapons that didn't require actual head aiming, scoring headshots even if the center of your crosshair was not in your opponent at all. Snipers became a must in almost every loadout since they couldn't be pressured by anything but Explosives, as they could still kill easily with 1-2 headshots but ARs needed several crits at long-range, as their bodyshots now did nothing, to kill someone.

And then, Trion cranked the ****show lever to 11, adding Blast Bolters, Mass Blasters and buffing Guided Launchers, truly turning PvP into an RPG instead if a shooter (Gear is much more important than Skill).

So, how was Defiance's PvP great? It was easy if you wanted it to be, but it was not a well designed PvP experience by any means.