+ Reply to Thread
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

Defiance 2050 Closed Beta FAQ

When is Closed Beta for Defiance 2050?
    The Closed Beta runs from April 20th to April 22nd.

How can I get access to the Closed Beta?
    Sign up for beta at www.Defiance2050.com and select the platforms you prefer. Tune into our Defiance Dev livestreams every Friday at 10:30am PT at www.Twitch.tv/TrionWorlds for beta giveaways and more.

What platforms are available for Closed Beta?
    Defiance 2050 closed beta on 4/20 - 4/22 will be on PC. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the closed beta test are being moved to a later date.

Can I stream, screenshot, or capture video of play sessions in the Closed Beta?
    Yes, definitely! The beta event is not under an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) so you can stream, record, and screenshot as much as you like. Be sure to include #Defiance2050 or tweet @Defiance2050 when sharing content so we can share our favorites too! If you enjoy playing Trion’s games and making content, sign up for our Trion Creator Program to help grow your channel with exclusive giveaways and more.

What if I find an in-game bug (not just a hellbug) or run into an issue?
    This is an early beta test event, expect to see some bugs. Please check our forums if it has been reported and report it with details you find necessary. If you’re running into an issue with your account please submit a support ticket.

What is Defiance 2050?
    Defiance 2050 is a futuristic free to play online shooter set in an extraordinary post-apocalyptic world with advanced alien technology. Fight on your own or alongside friends as you explore and unlock powerful weapons with extensive skill and customization systems. Enjoy a stunning Defiance 2050 experience with modern graphics on the latest consoles and computer hardware.

When will Defiance 2050 be released?
    Defiance 2050 is scheduled to launch in summer 2018. For the latest news and announcements, check the Defiance forums, Facebook, and Twitter.

How much does the game cost?
    Defiance 2050 will launch as a tailored free to play experience with exciting new systems to explore. To expand your experience, we will also be offering a variety of optional purchasable items that are not tied to power.

How is the gameplay different?
    Defiance 2050 is the fully uncompromised vision of the Defiance team, offering a wholly reimagined experience with brand new systems, gameplay mechanics, and cutting edge graphics that take advantage of what modern gaming hardware can provide. Defiance 2050 has been built as a complete free to play experience, and everything from the mission structure and weapons systems to character progression and purchasables has been updated and modernized, resulting in the definitive Defiance experience.

Is Defiance 2050 cross-platform?
    Defiance 2050 can be played separately on PC, Xbox One, and Playstation 4 and will not be cross-platform compatible.

What languages does Defiance 2050 support?
    Defiance 2050 will be available in English, French, and German languages at launch this summer.

What are the minimum system requirements for Defiance 2050 beta?
    Note: These requirements may change for Defiance 2050 launch in summer 2018.
    Processor: Dual Core 2.0 GHz or better
    Memory: 4 GB
    Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650, ATI/AMD Radeon 7770 or better.
    DirectX: 11
    Hard Drive: 17.0 GB available
    Sound: DirectX 8.1 compliant card
    Other: Broadband internet connection (DSL, cable modem or other high speed connection)
    Scott "Mobi" Jasper
    Community Manager

-How do we confirm we've signed up?
    -Will codes be emailed or will the account signed up for beta have access?

Cheers, thanks!

Cant sign up for the Beta

Hi
    I played Defiance a time ago and i realy liked it.
    I tried to play the game again a few months ago but it was unplayable because of server issues i think.

So i was realy happy that u guys try a reboot of this game.
    I tried to sing up for the beta but i cant and i dont know why?

The Beta signin doesnt work for me because im an existing user and my email is in use.
    The "Already got an account" doesn't work either.
    Also i cant find anything on my Trionworld/Glyphaccount to register.

What can i do to join?

When will beta keys be sent out?

When will the Beta keys be emailed? Friday 20th April?
    Will it be on PTS or will it require another big download?

I won a Beta key in early March ... but have not received the actual code/key yet.

Thanks in advance for any replies
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    When will the Beta keys be emailed? Friday 20th April?
    Will it be on PTS or will it require another big download?

I won a Beta key in early March ... but have not received the actual code/key yet.

Thanks in advance for any replies
    keys being sent out as i type this message (me & ATTEE just got them)

thing that makes me wonder, however, is if/when we get a chance to preload it ahead of pts opening.
    server: PC EU
    Chars: DSW & Syna Olmai, EGO 6000. Red Thugs

Quote Originally Posted by DSW View Post
    keys being sent out as i type this message (me & ATTEE just got them)
    Aha, thanks. Yes, I saw ATTEE's thread ... it's good that the linked Glyph accounts are being given access now.

Quote Originally Posted by DSW View Post
    thing that makes me wonder, however, is if/when we get a chance to preload it ahead of pts opening.
    Hmm ... I'm guessing it will be the standard PTS deal? We download the client side files and wait for the server to be made available online?
    I'm guessing they will wait until the last minute to push out the update ... to include the latest refinements etc.