+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2050: Replace or Separate ?

Save me reading through a zillion threads and posts, and I have tried searching but will someone be kind enough to confirm for me if the 2050 will be a REPLACEMENT for defiance or a completely new game that will run ALONGSIDE it ?

Thank you
    EGO 6K+ /w me for clan information / invite.
    Clan Promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz6yzwYnSwU

It's the same game with some add on's.

There's more to the add on such as modding weapons but I've not been keeping up with it all.

But it's basically a re skin of the game.

yeah but you missed my point I think.... will Defiance as I know now STOP when 2050 starts or will I be able to stick with Defiance?

Defiance will still run.

White Sack Angels D13 Clan Founder
    WSA clan on 2050 (PC)
    How it all started: Voices of Defiance Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by CowdBlud View Post
    yeah but you missed my point I think.... will Defiance as I know now STOP when 2050 starts or will I be able to stick with Defiance?
    Sorry I'm really feeling quite ill at the moment and in hindsight shouldn't of posted but yes the original will still be playable for a while after 2050 drops.

Edit. Actually if you're on PC I've no idea how it will work as the consoles are upgrading to the new gen.

Sry to hear that mate
    Yeah I'm on PC, have no real interest in starting over so will stick with Defi until it drys up...
    thx peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by CowdBlud View Post
    I'd say 6-12 months after the release of 2050 Defiance as we play it now will see it's Sunset. I don't see them keeping two versions of the game running for any length of time. It would confuse people. Especially with PC. They might get a little extra life out of it on the PS3 and Xbox360, but support would likely not be a thing. People wont put money into Defiance. Pretty sure the only reason people are spending any cash on Bits right now is for Valor Points and we have no idea how that's being calculated. Once they cut that off the funding will virtually dry up and move to 2050 on PC for sure since the game should be more stable than it's been recently.

I believe they said they had plans for d13 through the end of 2018 after that is up in the air tho
    IGN: Severous 5881, Txxx McGee 1135, JJ Fad 743
    PSN:MadMatt-a-tat-ta
    Insomniac Hunters

Zephkial told me in in-game chat that they were not ending Defiance when 2050 comes out. We will still be able to play the game. I'm not to keen on starting over either in 2050. I worked to hard and put in to much time and money in defiance to start from scratch all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by irisawifi View Post
    Defiance will still run.
    More like crawl. The days of Defiance are over.