+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The good Ole days BUMP

These forums use to be popping where you were were buying selling trading. You use to have to bump something to get back to the top within a hour if that you had to bump. These days about the browncoats wanting to start up a dead clan and no one know who the leader is. Don't worry guys your day may come again lol. Just glad this is going to be a thing again.
    GT: W4RGUERILLA

CLAN: R3DNECK H3RO'S

IGN: WARGUERILLA

Quote Originally Posted by WARGUERRILLA View Post
    These forums use to be popping where you were were buying selling trading. You use to have to bump something to get back to the top within a hour if that you had to bump. These days about the browncoats wanting to start up a dead clan and no one know who the leader is. Don't worry guys your day may come again lol. Just glad this is going to be a thing again.
    WARGUERRILLA it isn't the case of none of us knows who the leader is, other than that last time one of the supposedly existing Browncoats made contact with me, in late 2016, it was DaBootyGetta, who said they were the acting founder.

The clan was operating without openly talking on the forums, which is why there existence wasn't something clearly present in the community.

If they're still around today then the first rights to the clan or its recreation are theirs. If that isn't the case then the rights to recreate the clan would come to Rooster, the original founder, or myself as the Clan Support Organiser supported by Rooster, or one of the former leaders such as DaBootyGetta, JackAcidoo, Lord Utu Reaver, etc or their appointed successors. It would even be possible for a committed and mature minded member of the past clan to recreate it under certain circumstances.

The issue is this DaRkCha0sMagiC person turning up out of nowhere, without making clear any type of past connection to the Browncoats clan, criticising the clan of the past or its leadership, saying he's going to recreate the clan, while using unsavoury and disrespectful language in the course of this.

To the community: please unless DaRkCha0sMagiC proves that they have one of the sets of rights to the clan, then please do not to treat DaRkCha0sMagiC as a representative of the Browncoats clan.

if this person wishes to create a new clan called the Browncoats, they can of course do that, they just can't claim it's the Browncoats clan that Rooster was the original founder of, without one of the sets of rights to that clan.

If Rooster, or myself or one of the former leaders of the clan, or their successors wish to recreate the Browncoats clan as it once was on Defiance 2050, or in a fresh new way, then that's up to us.

It isn't up to some person turning up without rights to the Browncoats clan, to make out they're the new leader of it, unless they have the rights or the permissions to carry that out.

this is basic clan stuff.

you can't re start up a clan you have no rights to. you can make a clan called the same thing, you just can't make out it's the same clan if no one has given you the permission to carry that out.

thank you

Temos - Clan Support Organiser - Browncoats clan - Defiance

It will not be a thing lol just a old time player doing some sort of role play or trying to be relevant in the 2050, the browncoats dont exist no more and its very slim he will be able to make a clang from scrach with the same ambition as the old clang

Quote Originally Posted by ttoomm View Post
    It will not be a thing lol just a old time player doing some sort of role play or trying to be relevant in the 2050, the browncoats dont exist no more and its very slim he will be able to make a clang from scrach with the same ambition as the old clang
    i pretty much agree on what you've put there ttoomm, tho as i said, there's a chance that DaBootyGetta or a successor is still operating the clan in some way on Defiance.

It's the responsibility of those of us that care for the clan to confront people like this DaRkCha0sMagiC person.

Particularly when they use such disrespectful language when they address the community. If people take DaRkCha0sMagiC as representative of the Browncoats clan, then that is damaging to the memory and reputation of the clan.

That's one of the reasons to oppose this person.

I hope you can understand that ttoomm. I honestly would prefer it if we weren't opposing each other over this.

thanks

I understand your passion for the old clang and anger over DaRkCha0sMagiC claims, but comments on the forem will not stop people trying to claim the browncoats. If you are realy that passionate and are from the original clang why not try to build it back in 2050 and then shout it to the world

I understand your passion for the old clang and anger over DaRkCha0sMagiC claims, but comments on the forem will not stop people trying to claim the browncoats. If you are realy that passionate and are from the original clang why not try to build it back in 2050 and then shout it to the world
    thanks for the response,

firstly, 'anger' is a strong word. i pretty much type this stuff calmly, i just type fast. some negative feelings over this matter sure, tho i think 'anger' is possibly the wrong term. tho i can't speak for Rooster's perspective.

secondly, if people want to create a new Browncoats clan unconnected to the one Rooster founded, then that's fine. the term Browncoats is of course of the Firefly / Serenity series.

if tho people want to try to recreate the Browncoats clan that once was, then the respectful thin is to talk to Rooster or talk to me and i'll talk to Rooster on it if possible.

Lastly, as i just emailed to Rooster, i think i'll have to try to create something to carry on the Browncoats clan on 2050. to try to create a fresh legacy of honor and respectful conduct to others. i realise there were problems in the clan's past, could try to put right.

tho i work on many other projects, so it's a matter of spare time. it's possible i can't spare it.

tho i'll try to work something out.

The cap on clangs might make it more easy for founders to manage ther members,cant image how hard it was to look after 1k pluss people and to make sure all dont sway the wrong way or give the clang the wrong reputation.

The cap on clangs might make it more easy for founders to manage ther members,cant image how hard it was to look after 1k pluss people and to make sure all dont sway the wrong way or give the clang the wrong reputation.
    you're possibly right, tho with the proper organisation it's possible they could manage thousands of people.

to the community, the Browncoats clan is still active, under the acting leader DaBootyGetta,

who has commented on this matter on the Browncoats PSA:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...lan-Matter-PSA

29 - 03 - 2018 - DaBootyGetta: "I just wanted to say that the Browncoats are still active and only a couple still play but i am still acting founder"

this means that the person out there who started this matter is talking of restoring a clan that exists on Defiance today.

they hated on him aka the browncoats leader but i could tell what he was doing, he was hyping up a game that was almost dead now the forums are getting lively again
    GamerTag - PurePlayinSerb
    Clan - Defiant Few (Founder)
    Character Name - Stinger