+ Reply to Thread

Who did the math?

I recently switched from using an mo rig to using a merc Percision rig for PvP. On my mo rig, I had 3 t6 pistol dmg chips, 2 t5 pistol dmg chips, 5 t5 pistol reload chips, 2 t5 dmg diffusors, and 2 t5 nano initiators. With all the pistol dmg chips, my SC MB was doing 4000 dmg even.

When I swapped all my chips into my merc rig, I had and extra offensive slot, so I added another t5 pistol dmg chip, which gives a +2.5% dmg buff. So, I did the math on a calculator. I was at 4000 dmg before, so I added: 4000+2.5%=4100 even. However, that's not the value that my SC MB is displaying while the rig is equipped. Instead, it's showing 4084 dmg.

I was wondering why, so I did some backtracking with my calculations and found that instead of giving a +2.5% dmg buff like it's supposed to, It's instead only giving a +2.1% dmg buff (4000+2.1%=4084).

I realize that this is only 16 points of dmg off of my original calculations and isn't really all that important, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that the dmg they're actually supposed to be doing vs the dmg they're doing are different. Or did I just totally mess up my math somewhere?
    Platform/Region: PS3/NA
    Character Name: Protonyx
    Clan/Position: DRH/Leader
    Link To Defiance PS3/NA Discord Server
    Link To Defiance Data Discord Server

Quote Originally Posted by Protonyx View Post
    I recently switched from using an mo rig to using a merc Percision rig for PvP. On my mo rig, I had 3 t6 pistol dmg chips, 2 t5 pistol dmg chips, 5 t5 pistol reload chips, 2 t5 dmg diffusors, and 2 t5 nano initiators. With all the pistol dmg chips, my SC MB was doing 4000 dmg even.

When I swapped all my chips into my merc rig, I had and extra offensive slot, so I added another t5 pistol dmg chip, which gives a +2.5% dmg buff. So, I did the math on a calculator. I was at 4000 dmg before, so I added: 4000+2.5%=4100 even. However, that's not the value that my SC MB is displaying while the rig is equipped. Instead, it's showing 4084 dmg.

I was wondering why, so I did some backtracking with my calculations and found that instead of giving a +2.5% dmg buff like it's supposed to, It's instead only giving a +2.1% dmg buff (4000+2.1%=4084).

I realize that this is only 16 points of dmg off of my original calculations and isn't really all that important, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that the dmg they're actually supposed to be doing vs the dmg they're doing are different. Or did I just totally mess up my math somewhere?
    The 2.5% goes off the base damage of the pistol without any bonuses

psn eyeamabeazt
    Ps3 IGN Beezst
    Ps4 IGN Jocco

Ps3 Defiance Terminators
    Ps4 Devils Rejects

Defiance 2050 Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/620335361631550/

Quote Originally Posted by JOCCO5150 View Post
    The 2.5% goes off the base damage of the pistol without any bonuses
    By without any bonuses, do you mean the mastery and tier bonuses?

Iirc , yes ... base damage before rolls , masteries, syns... etc ... I could be wrong though
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

assault armament syn and super expo syn both read 10% dmg buff as part of backpack syn well 2part aa i get 3034 dmg on my cn br and 2 part super i get 3121 dmg on my cn br... also not to mention in pvp my guns drop about 1000 dmg and 1.0 firerate at times and sometimes dont for no reason so many broken aspects

Im think the gun stats are calculated from a base damage i.e. you start with a gun with zero rolls and zero mods and no manufacturing bonus.then you have a standard base damage.

Ah ok, that makes a little more sense that it would be coming from base w/o manufacturer, mastery, and tier bonuses. I will try those calculations later on to see if it adds up and will post back here with the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Protonyx View Post
    By without any bonuses, do you mean the mastery and tier bonuses?
    Yes, the base dmg without any bonuses. Mastery, tier, or mods.

psn eyeamabeazt
    Ps3 IGN Beezst
    Ps4 IGN Jocco

Ps3 Defiance Terminators
    Ps4 Devils Rejects

Defiance 2050 Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/620335361631550/