+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gun Mods

Gun Mods

I'm sure this is pretty simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Where are the gun mods purchased? I have guns with slots available, but can't find them.

Are they earned or purchased?

Quote Originally Posted by Malobar Wilkus View Post
    I'm sure this is pretty simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Where are the gun mods purchased? I have guns with slots available, but can't find them.

sometimes they are sold on a normal vendor as a featured sale.. but.. there are some vendor vans who sell nothing but mods (titled "MODS" when you mouse over them.....)

that being said.. don't waste ur scrip modding on white mods.. sell those if you get them.. only mod green or better mods unless its a weapon you don't plan to keep for long..

synergy mods.. MAKE SURE you put these on the appropriate synergized weapon.. now, you could put them on w/e you are using. but you will need to pay alot of mod money to retrieve those mods and destroy that weapon when you get another weapon upgrade.. this gets expensive and locks up the salvage matrix for a time.

get a weapon platform you like using most, get that type of weapon and use it alot, level it up, when it maxes, simply replace with another, similar one.. they dont always have to be purple.... the more you level a weapon type, the more those weapons will do at base when not leveled...
    Antec skeleton Frame, 3960x @4.8Ghz, 32Gigs DDR3@2400Mhz, dual GTX690's in quad sli, 1440p@1khz refresh rate, 70"x3.

You can buy tier one at the ranch. That place is north on the map. It's basically center on map north. hope that helps

u can earn them mostly from quests and side quests, and i personally buy mine from demon iron ranch.

see.. once you put on a mod.. you now have to spend alot to remove that mod to apply the new one.. and they dont get removed one at a time...., not only that, but you can not use a weapon that is currently in the salvage matrix..

mod as you wish, but it is better to be wise about it.
    Antec skeleton Frame, 3960x @4.8Ghz, 32Gigs DDR3@2400Mhz, dual GTX690's in quad sli, 1440p@1khz refresh rate, 70"x3.

Quote Originally Posted by Malobar Wilkus View Post

If you do sidemissions, a great majority of them give either A) decent gear or B) mods, random quality it seems. After finishing all the side missions, I didn't wind up with too many blue, maybe a dozen?

Another way to grind them is hotshots/rampages. or buy them out of the 16 key box, or reputation vendor (once you are ego 250+ and have at least 100 rep with a faction, it consumes that 100 rep so be cautious about your purchases.