+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Recommended Specs

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forums. I've been browsing through the threads all day after watching developer diaries and Defiance clips this morning.

One thing that I have seen no mention of is..

What will be the recommended (and minimum) specs for Defiance on the PC?

I have become infatuated with this game and would be quite upset to find out my new laptop couldn't run it. It wouldn't be the first time. Unselfishly, I think this information could also provide players an expected level of quality for the game. I'm really excited to play such a unique game, even if it's using the low quality renderer.

Quote Originally Posted by k4p741nkrunch View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm new to the forums. I've been browsing through the threads all day after watching developer diaries and Defiance clips this morning.

One thing that I have seen no mention of is..

What will be the recommended (and minimum) specs for Defiance on the PC?

I have become infatuated with this game and would be quite upset to find out my new laptop couldn't run it. It wouldn't be the first time. Unselfishly, I think this information could also provide players an expected level of quality for the game. I'm really excited to play such a unique game, even if it's using the low quality renderer.
    If your laptop is new and assuming that’s it’s not a base model machine, you should have no trouble playing the game, how well it runs graphically though will depend entirely upon the GPU installed in your machine. If you link your GPU in here someone here might be able to give you a better idea.
    “Bello Te Præpares”

we wount get specs for the game untill they run out a beta propably, but like said above a decent vid card and prolly what 2 gig of ram maybe.

in time frame anything in the last 18month new will run it no problem

Since the game will be playable on both xbox and ps3, i'd bet average pc specs would be good. After all pc's graphics tends to blow away consoles regularly.

I'm taking a guess here if you can run Rift fine you will be able to run Defiance.

You can try Rift for free here :https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...uest_locale=en

New computer

So i got a new computer for Christmas, but it only cam with an on board video card can someone recommend a good gaming card on the cheap like at tigerdirect .com. the rest of it is fin big hard drive 8 gigs of ram i just need a recommendation a good graphic card.

Most games coming out have a 8600-8800 minimum. That is you can "play" the game but not optimally. My guess is a 500 series would do more than enough for the next few years and last I checked a 550 ti was about 100 bucks on new egg. I personally run a 560 ti for gw2 with no graphics issues and it's well above an Xbox in specs. A lot of mmos are CPU heavy because of the amount of information needed for you to triangulate everyone and know what abilities they are using.

A 400 series would get you by but may need to be replaced in a couple years. My philosophy for computer parts is to keep the price around 100 which tends to keep you just behind top of the line series and still not close to maxed out in current games but far enough ahead of minimum settings that you can get a couple years before you even have to think about upgrading. Often you can wait four or more years if you do it this way.

Edit for iPad autocorrect.

I've successfully run the game on my netbook: 1Ghz Dual core, 256 MB Graphics memory (Aspire One 722) !
    So I don't think any computer from 2000 onwards would have a problem with running it, as long as it has a graphics gard.
    Free Your Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Ne0 View Post
    I've successfully run the game on my netbook: 1Ghz Dual core, 256 MB Graphics memory (Aspire One 722) !
    So I don't think any computer from 2000 onwards would have a problem with running it, as long as it has a graphics gard.
    yeah mind didnt come with one so im looking on a recomendation on a good one for around 40 to 60 bucks US

Unless you wanna wait to find out what people are running once beta hits, you can try pretty much any of teh medium-low end graphics cards for about 60-120 bucks. The nice thing about Trion's engineers is that they have alot of graphics settings you can run their games on. I was running an old gfx card when I played rift, on super low settings with no lag or "stutter" but when I upgraded to my current card (Radeon HD 7950), and flipped on the "ultra max" settings, it was a totally new experiance. I can only imagine the same would be true here.

Go with a cheap card until you can get a new one, and experiance the submersion into the world of defiance
    http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=101211&dateline=13485  40064
    If it bleeds, we've killed it