+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jackpots??

Jackpots??

Maybe the Def'50 is looking for other horizons about the way of to create the weapons and maybe is a positive change, but please tell me that everything will progress and that someday will return the Jps, "this inventory looks very sad"

Keep this in mind for the future, the jps was our incentive for years and the proof is in the ex inanis update (IMO was a failure), today I inspect other players (high ego) and the 70% of their weapons are Jps.

Anyway good luck and I'll be there (I hope for many more years).

ID: Alahali671 - PSN: Fingers865
    Leader in "Defiance Terminators" (Ps3) -"Terminators" (Ps4)
    Pwr: 5000 - Pursuit rating: 1575 - Flawless crystals: 58

And no options to upgrade to oj, imo this isn't going to be the game that's going to keep me entertained for years to come.
    Basic things we enjoyed in the game are sadly missing.

This inventory really "looks sad", however I don't want to see so-called jackpots either. Because they are named just by one meaningless word, and it looks sad too. Something different needed.
    Russian Bear Rage incoming on PC NA.

For a long time named Jackpots were indeed special weapons and many were, frankly, by far the best in class when released (see Wolfman, Turtle Dove, Piper, Until Death etc. etc.). Weapons like this kept me coming back for years...when they stopped so did I. I hope 2050 brings back the concept of well-designed Jackpots and in a well executed (non-weighted RNG) manner!
    IGN = Avalanch.
    2050 = Snowslide / Snowflake
    Title = "Daredevil"

PC NA

Remember the Purgatory!

Quote Originally Posted by Sevrin View Post
    For a long time named Jackpots were indeed special weapons and many were, frankly, by far the best in class when released (see Wolfman, Turtle Dove, Piper, Until Death etc. etc.). Weapons like this kept me coming back for years...when they stopped so did I. I hope 2050 brings back the concept of well-designed Jackpots and in a well executed (non-weighted RNG) manner!
    ^^This exactly! I don't want the run of the mill cookie cutter JP's that ppl were farming for and charging WAY to much for because they were supposed JP's. So many times I had OJ's that were better once you adjusted the rolls. The JP's from the original events were the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevrin View Post
    THIS SO MUCH!! It was the awesome names, skins and events that made me come back every day. I remember every day that a new event would drop I would grind the heck out of the new arkfalls. Honestly I wasn't to happy about ex inanis, it took the creativity out of the game.
    IGN: DeathBringer0007

They already said there wont be jackpots. 2050 will have special prototype weapons. How similar a prototype will be to a jackpot, who knows.
    IGN - Silver Hawke, Gamertag - Jwalkinmolecule
    Defiance 2050: Platform - Xbox One/NA, PR 5000
    Defiance: Platform - Xbox 360/NA, Ego 6000

And you won't be able to mod prototypes. That takes a lot of the fun out of things. I like to mod weapons, reroll them, and stuff like that

psn eyeamabeazt
    Ps3 IGN Beezst
    Ps4 IGN Jocco

Ps3 Defiance Terminators
    Ps4 Devils Rejects

Defiance 2050 Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/620335361631550/

This is just my opinion but i believe that they will introduce many of those things over time because , if the money stops flowing on the bit store the game will die right.
    Cosmetics will only get them so far and i think that after a certain period they will start changing things around.

Because the diversity that we had/have on Defiance and the hunt for that special piece of gear is one of the things that makes this game special.
    My take on this is that they will make adjustments along the way if the feedback on the new system turns out to be negative.
    But it´s only an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post
    This is just my opinion but i believe that they will introduce many of those things over time because , if the money stops flowing on the bit store the game will die right.
    Cosmetics will only get them so far and i think that after a certain period they will start changing things around.

Because the diversity that we had/have on Defiance and the hunt for that special piece of gear is one of the things that makes this game special.
    My take on this is that they will make adjustments along the way if the feedback on the new system turns out to be negative.
    But it´s only an opinion.
    I totally agree with you. I believe one of the reasons they are stripping it down an minimalizing it is so if things start going bad they can introduce the things that we have(had) on D13. People might be complaining about what Trion is doing but it, they aren't fools. Sure while they aren't a AAA company, at the end of the day it's about the continuation of making a profit. I'm a realist and this is my perspective.