+ Reply to Thread

Livestream 4/13 Notes (Beta Info)

Some quick notes from the livestream I took while making lunch for my 4yr old and entertaining my 3mo old....

Beta Specific: Mainly focusing on new systems and player load.
    • Codes should be going out early this week.
    • Exact start time has not yet been determined. (Usually starting 10 AM PST)
    • Game area will consist of Mt Tam and Madera.
    • Will have the new difficulty levels/scaling, mods, weapons, item systems.
    • Will have 3 sieges active, Mutant, Hellbug and Raider. And typical Arkfalls.
    • Will have 1 co-op, Liberate the Lost
    • 100 Inventory Slots
    • No In-game store
    • 1 class - Assault. Lv25 max, respsec for free.
    • No PVP
    • Should be able to acquire all weapon types from drops. (This may not be viable at launch in these game areas.)
    • BMG and Infectors will not be in Beta. These are now considered prototype weapons.
    • Predownload may be available on console depending on the Sony and Microsoft schedules.
    • Contracts are changing and won't be included in beta.
    • NA/EU for PC Consoles canceled at this time.and Xbox1. PS4 will be NA only for beta. (I think I heard them correctly.)

Other:
    • Blast rifles don't really exist now? More of a "Alien assault rifle."
    • Dev Beard Pack may be in the works. (joking about this in livestream)
    • Trading mentioned again sounded like that it could be possible to trade items or parts related to the new CyberRig and Synergy systems. (Again these won't be available for beta or at launch.)
    • Weapon and vehicle skill levels are now max at 100 instead of 20.
    • Dodge Ability - less chance by getting hit by NPC bullets.

EDIT:
    Previous Notes:

PS3: CECH-2101A | PC: Bahamut2 | Screenshots | YouTube | Extra Life

Quote Originally Posted by Sliverbaer View Post
    Will have 3 sieges active, Volge, Hellbug and Raider
    The three seiges that will be active are actually Hellbug, Mutant, and Raider.

Weapon and vehicle skill levels are now max at 100 instead of 25.
    Weapon and vehicle skill levels max at 20.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

Thanks! Updated

ZI was suprised, knowing that the playable area would be Mt. Tam and Madera, that Volge seiges and Afflicted seiges weren't mentioned or included with Mutant, Hellbugs and Raiders. In Defiance 2013 Mt. Tam has two seiges, one at Serenity Academy, the other, Kinship Plaza. Serenity is a mutant seige and Kinship is a Volge seige. Madera also has two seiges, North Point Mine and Kenn Farm. North Point is a Volge seige and Kenn Farms is an Afflicted seige. Hellbug and Raider are new types of seiges. Are these taking the place of the Volge and Afflicted seiges in Mt. Tam and Madera or will they be at in addition to the Volge and Afflicted seiges? It sounds like their going to be a replacement.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

someone a few weeks back, took a screen shot when they were on the map screen, and there was a new raider seige, at a palce where sieges dont currently happen.

so i think they will be adding new locations, and rotating them.. so it will be seige at kenn farm.. its hellbugs, then 2 hours later, its raider.

I think it makes scense to push the Volge back further in the game. Make the enemies in the area part of the event. I guess we'll find out....or at least some of us...

DEFIANCE 2050

@DefianceGame

The Defiance 2050 closed beta will run on PC this weekend (April 20 – 22). To best optimize the experience for all players, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are being moved to a later date. We'll communicate the updated console beta as soon as we can. See you this weekend!
    12:01 PM - Apr 16, 2018

https://twitter.com/DefianceGame/sta...11058790604800

I think it makes scense to push the Volge back further in the game. Make the enemies in the area part of the event. I guess we'll find out....or at least some of us...

DEFIANCE 2050

@DefianceGame

The Defiance 2050 closed beta will run on PC this weekend (April 20 – 22). To best optimize the experience for all players, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are being moved to a later date. We'll communicate the updated console beta as soon as we can. See you this weekend!
    12:01 PM - Apr 16, 2018

https://twitter.com/DefianceGame/sta...11058790604800
    No Beta for xbx and ps4 this weekend.

DEFIANCE 2050

@DefianceGame

Oh, the horror.

*sad face*
    PS4 NA - Pine Tarr - Castithan - <Shanje Liro> - EGO: 50
    Assault: 25 - Demolitionist: 25