+ Reply to Thread

Trion needs to get a clue

So here I am trying to play Defiance and I'm dealing with insane lag and disconnects galore. Is this a symptom of Trion stealing server resources to stand up the 2050 Beta or is this just a snapshot of the things to come when 2050 goes live?? You'd think that Trion would do everything they can to keep people interested in Defiance / Defiance 2050, but alienating their loyal players (some of us who have been here since it was pay-to-play) would be the height of folly. To any Devs that read this, I implore you to take a hard look at how you are rolling out this 2050. If the current Defiance turns to crap you will disgust people and no one will hang around for 2050 nor will they come back since most will just expect 2050 to behave like the current Defiance which is laggy with lots of disconnects.

Fix this or you'll lose so many people it won't even be worth rolling out 2050.

Well i mean, 2050 looks sketchy for the first year or two after release as it is. I mean, it's been promoted as essentially Defiance, but with less content and not much of importance carries over, right? So i mean, that alone will give it a slow start. I mean, to me it seems more like a new server, with emphasis on free content, but overall it's essentially a reset. Again, that's just how it comes across to me. Long term, i hold hopes, but short term it's sketchy.

Trion has replied in the forums, they are not taking server resources from the original Defiance for Defiance 2050. Lags and Disconnections have plagued the game from its inception. The game was rushed into production to launch at the same time as the TV show. Additionally, it was launched on two consoles (PS3 and Xbox360) whose hardware specifications were underwhelming to say the least. Thus IMO, the game engine has serious flaws that are so ingrained they can not fix the game without gutting it. The most logical course of action was a reset, and so we have Defiance 2050. If Defiance 2050 has these same technical issues then I agree its game over.

Few things. The Defiance player base was next to nothing a few months ago. I remember running around being lucky to see 20 people all day. Now you have 100 people showing up for a single minor arkfall.

Trion likely shut down servers as the community diminished. Resources not needed at the time. Now, the remaining servers are dealing with a lot more, and Trion knows that once 2050 comes out the base population of Defiance will again drop to next to nill. I understand them not putting money and resources in adding servers for only 6 months of real use.

Tie that in with the other issues explained by Stevenlmarler which are also true and yes the current game is a nightmare. Mainly Database issues as it is being over taxed. Not much to do about it with out major cost increases and I'm sure all the extra bit purchases they are earning as people buy more Valor is going to help pay for 2050 to keep it F2P at launch.

Just some guesses, well educated ones, but don't expect Trion to come out and tell us anything. It's not how they operate. Be happy you have the lvl of communication you have now. It's better than it's been in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenlmarler View Post
    Trion has replied in the forums, they are not taking server resources from the original Defiance for Defiance 2050. Lags and Disconnections have plagued the game from its inception. The game was rushed into production to launch at the same time as the TV show. Additionally, it was launched on two consoles (PS3 and Xbox360) whose hardware specifications were underwhelming to say the least. Thus IMO, the game engine has serious flaws that are so ingrained they can not fix the game without gutting it. The most logical course of action was a reset, and so we have Defiance 2050. If Defiance 2050 has these same technical issues then I agree its game over.
    Dude you nailed it!! Glad to see some people out their have a brain and common sense.

Where the sun comes out daytime & the moon nighttime
    To Trion - You better pray that 2050 is a stable version or you guys are gonna have your heads handed to you.
    To everyone else - Hmm...hope I wasn't being too harsh there. lol

Anywhere I roam, where I lay my head is home.
    Quote Originally Posted by RajeeMama007 View Post
    To Trion - You better pray that 2050 is a stable version or you guys are gonna have your heads handed to you.
    To everyone else - Hmm...hope I wasn't being too harsh there. lol
    Personally I think it's uncalled for... I think Trion already knows what they need to do to be successful. The jump to PS4 says they will be trying to make a more stable version of the game. But hey, if you have a problem with everything, you do not need to play the game. Hope I will not be seeing you on PS4 NA server...
    PSN: KillerDrachen Server: PS3/NA "Old School" August 3rd, 2013
    1st: Akira Himekawa 6000+ Clan: no clan
    2nd: Irzu Asuna 5801 Clan: no clan
    3rd: Kiora Wind 2367 Clan: no clan
    4th: Iris Drakkin 2010 Clan: Division 12

My Wife's PSN: purplehobbit IGN: Hob

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Kimekawa View Post
    New players are not entitled to get what they missed last year... they shoulda played last year... ...Tough shtako, you lose sir! is what I say. Bring on the haters because I AM a Most Hated! XD

Where the sun comes out daytime & the moon nighttime
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Kimekawa View Post
    But hey, if you have a problem with everything, you do not need to play the game. Hope I will not be seeing you on PS4 NA server...
    Wow! Well...I'm sorry you feel that way.