+ Reply to Thread

The beta e-mails are out!

If you got chosen, you will find an e-mail titled "Closed Beta: You're In" in your inbox. Good luck, arkhunters, see you on the weekend

Attached Images

Looking for a clan? Join Red Thugs!
    Thanks Sachek for the nice customized sig!
    Join Defiance Data's Discord server!

Only for pc though, we know full well that the game works on PC so wouldn't it make sense to test it on the consoles?

A "friend" of mine received his email about the beta coming up this weekend, and "he" wants to know if there will be a separate client download or just to download Defiance? As of now, "he" does not see a 'Defiance 2050 Beta' on "his" Glyph Downloader.

Thanks!

There are a lot of things that can be buggy since they made plenty of changes to the game, so itt does make sense to test it on PC too. Obviously console testing is necessary as well, since there will be platform specific issues, but PC isn't an exemption from this either, there might be problems that will happen on PCs only. Also, there might be some generic bugs and issues that will be found during the PC beta, and could be fixed before console beta even starts.

Of course I'm sorry that console folks can't join the beta, but I think the delay must be due to Sony and/or Microsoft didn't give the green light to Trion.

Looking for a clan? Join Red Thugs!
    Thanks Sachek for the nice customized sig!
    Join Defiance Data's Discord server!

Check spam / trash folders in email. Mine came in flagged for gmail.

Yep. Mine was in the spam folder. lol

They say most of your brain shuts down on the Defiance forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

"If I don't shoot, repair, or screw something in the next few minutes, we're gonna have a problem."

The Four Cats of Defiance The Perfect Crimefighter My Forums Policy Exchange Warriors

PCMR/NA
    IGN: 12Gaige Ego: 6000
    Clan: Tears of Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    Only for pc though, we know full well that the game works on PC so wouldn't it make sense to test it on the consoles?
    It only makes sense but it´s Trion Bentu.
    They should start the beta for the consoles as soon as possible and they should keep it open for the beta players as long as possible, that way people would be able to help them detect possible problems and make the game launch as smooth as possible.

But hey, it´s Trion they can´t even put the correct time zones on their announcements how can we expect better from them...
    Very disappointed right now and i thnk that i will simple just start playing Tera and i´m that kind of person that only plays an MMO at a time.
    The loss of some is the gain of others.

Quote Originally Posted by ATTEE View Post
    There are a lot of things that can be buggy since they made plenty of changes to the game, so itt does make sense to test it on PC too. Obviously console testing is necessary as well, since there will be platform specific issues, but PC isn't an exemption from this either, there might be problems that will happen on PCs only. Also, there might be some generic bugs and issues that will be found during the PC beta, and could be fixed before console beta even starts.

Of course I'm sorry that console folks can't join the beta, but I think the delay must be due to Sony and/or Microsoft didn't give the green light to Trion.
    I don´t believe the problem is on Sony or Microsoft, because for them to have an announced date of the beta they would had to have permission from them.
    If they announced a beta without permission that would only proved how bad managemment is on Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post
    I don´t believe the problem is on Sony or Microsoft, because for them to have an announced date of the beta they would had to have permission from them.
    If they announced a beta without permission that would only proved how bad managemment is on Trion.
    Yep .... I just think they want to try to get it mostly right on console before they open the closed beta ... at least that’s my optimism

Btw , gratz to all you pc’rs .... please let us know the GOOD , the BAD and the BUGGLIES
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters