+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Defiance Classic ~VS~ Defiance 2050 Closed Beta

Greetings over there,

lets open a thread about the differences between Defiance Classic and Defiance 2050 Closed Beta.

At first I need to say that the in-game (non-cut scenes) animations seem clunky, especially at the dropzones when enemies drop down out of aircrafts. Has yet looked like 3 FPS or something.

The general movements in Defiance Classic seem way smoother and polished than in Defiance 2050 CB. It feels clunky, too. Driving vehicles in Defiance Classic feels way better as well.

Auto-aim in Defiance 2050 CB seems a bit messed up while in Defiance Classic it plays pretty well.

Up to now, I would stick to Defiance Classic.
    BEST REGARDS
    N3

Yeah same here. Apart from a limited textures' upgrade, the game is pretty much the same with : news & old bugs (broken emergency,...), a weird feeling with vehicule physic and still a blueish mist in the air with a poor line of sight.

1st quad race, I pass the finish line at 0:38 and the game give me a bronze cup with another time (maybe from another player).

Yeah it definitly sound like defiance beta to me !
    Ig : Oswin_Oswald (5799)
    Clan : ---

The very first thing I noticed, the graphics and textures... Wow they suck, to be blunt. At the least I would have thought the game would have had the graphics upgraded to HD and more detail..

I guess we shall see how this all plays out but I am definitely disappointed in the lack of any kind of graphics upgrade.
    Take it light.....

Malakie

Maybe it´s just me or they simply pressed the Copy/Paste button cus the game seem the same like the original for me or maybe i miss something that i didn´t noticed so far.

I mean they slaped now the number 2050 behind the name but aside from the starting area and the EGO System the rest seems the same for me in terms of missions and stuff. Consdering this i would stick to the original cus why starting all over again when i have my char already in the original game with the weapons i have collected there?

And if 2050 is the same i guess that they will try to get money again just for the sake of DLC and weapons you can only use when you have said DLC what is an total another story.

There are no differences that count. It's the same game that could be deliffered with a simple Update. Why a new game? It is possible also to change the engine wthout loosing any data. There are some games out there who did that.

This is only a port for next gen consoles with some little changes.

I am out of Defiance (Classic and 2050)!

It's been monetized. They've gutted EGO and load outs so they can charge us for "Classes" which are just limited premade loadouts. They've also added gulanite, which i think might be similar to Star Trek Online's Dilithium. Driving IS worse, aiming is worse, gun damage seems to be really weak... The UI is different when it comes to the guns but it's not better. Now i see why they didn't really go indepth with it in the livestreams.

The sad thing is, the visual update just makes the outdated and old visuals all the more obvious. I loaded in with a plant between me and the camera, and it was like looking at minecraft, with the clear squared look (due to the proximity).

Aside from that, it's copy and paste and lies. People are even reporting that all the bugs and broken missions are still in it, in addition to all the beta ones.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Shadow View Post
    It's been monetized. They've gutted EGO and load outs so they can charge us for "Classes" which are just limited premade loadouts. They've also added gulanite, which i think might be similar to Star Trek Online's Dilithium. Driving IS worse, aiming is worse, gun damage seems to be really weak... The UI is different when it comes to the guns but it's not better. Now i see why they didn't really go indepth with it in the livestreams.

The sad thing is, the visual update just makes the outdated and old visuals all the more obvious. I loaded in with a plant between me and the camera, and it was like looking at minecraft, with the clear squared look (due to the proximity).

Aside from that, it's copy and paste and lies. People are even reporting that all the bugs and broken missions are still in it, in addition to all the beta ones.
    This is also what I'm noticing.

For me, everything but the weapons and class system seems to be a copy and paste. The textures are exact on a GTX 1080, the performance is the same, etc.

I don't understand how they can convince all of these people to start over on a new game that has no transferability to maxed EGO characters that is an exact duplicate of the previous game.

It seems to me as if they're dropping support on Defiance because of it's lack of value to the customer and as a marketing gimmick they're claiming this is some how "new and improved nextgen" will bring in a crowd for a quick buck (at least until that crowd realizes they've been hoodwinked).

I realize this is just what I have observed so far which I realize is a tiny fragment of the game itself, but even other tangable items seem to indicate this game is a mere copy and paste for PC. Here are a few:
    1. Codename is the same in the C# libraries
    2. The gamename "Defiance" is registered by the OS not "Defiance 2050" (this is actually rather huge)
    3. Most asset files still have the same checksums (And this is the smoking gun)
    4. The same mission bugs exist
    5. The same terrain splits and tearing still exists with other graphical errors and deformities

To me, that's a smoking gun that this game is just a copy and paste. I guess instead of making Defiance F2P and ruining the Trion reputation worse than it is, they decided to merely copy it and make the copy F2P. It is hard to believe that people that won't pay $2.00 for the base game will actually spend $20.00 on their lock-boxes.

There are a few youtube beta videos out there that have been claiming "It's just the first 10 missions/levels that are the same and everything else is completely different".

This is totally false. Getting to the law-keepers ranch (required level 10) and even moving the ark core to a safer location (required level 13) is 100% base game.

I also agree with the monetization. The new weapon progression system seems to be something that will totally paywall game progression. The only way you can get this new resource is by doing side missions and you can only do those once. I'm willing to bet my last dollar that when this resource runs out from side missions, the only way of acquiring them is through their store.

Moreover, I'm also willing to bet that just 1 month of game-time (through means of min-maxing your progression) in Defiance 2050 will cost nearly 800% of what it would cost for the same game-time in Defiance origional. That's rather significant considering lock boxes aren't exactly "free" in Defiance origional. Buying their rare lockboxes cost some $$$ but at least you could target your rarity when you purchased them.

I just wanted to add this tidbit from what I see to be entirely false claims by Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionMobi View Post
    Nothing will be the same, as we are working to reinvent game changing systems.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this has to be exponentially worse than No Man's Lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Chone View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this has to be exponentially worse than No Man's Lie.
    You are wrong, no mans sky was sold for $60 as a COMPLETED FULL RELEASE game with the lead dev feeding consumers bs. You can’t compare that to a f2p beta
    http://i.imgur.com/rqP0Qx6.png
    PC NA PVP GOD
    Main game now > Playerunknown's Battleground
    "It's not the weapon that's overpowered, it's how you use it that makes it overpowered"

just as a note: i found the vehicles run and look way better on 2050 i am not sure why some people have issues on that part. just saying . vehicles seemed to work better go figure. !
    i have read some threads im starting to think people are letting win 10 update install drivers. turn that off remove and put in required drivers , not windows. they are not same .. makes huge difference but thats old news. hope it helps someone.

on a different note: yes its a ripp off to make us redo everything to bring people in for short time and make us regrind.. sadley final will be fail but for now old defiance rules and the money maker..