+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

Closed Beta April 27-29 Bug Thread - Post Issues Here

Howdy Ark Hunters!

We're excited to bring all platforms (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC) into the Closed Beta this weekend April 27 to 29 and if you come across any new issues please report them here. Thanks so much for being a part of the first beta tests and exploring our new class and weapon enhancement systems in Defiance 2050.

To report an issue, it would be helpful to include the following details:
    • A title or quick summary of the bug
    • Issue that occurred and expected results
    • Detailed reproduce-able steps of how you ran into the issue
    • Include the platform were you playing on
    • Describe the location, mission, event that was going on
    • Include screenshots or videos if possible

Thanks again for playing in the beta test and becoming a Beta Blazer!

-Mobi
    Scott "Mobi" Jasper
    Community Manager

Spending Weapon Bonus Ranks Limitation. PC

Can spend points on weapon bonus until you reroll a bonus. Then when you want to add ranks it will only let you spend points on the rerolled bonus, not any of the others.

• A title or quick summary of the bug :
    Tutorial Minigun bug still happen, but for second character.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create 2nd character -delete
    2. Recreate 2nd character
    3. Rush to minigun area
    4. Two miniguns appear, but when picked up, both of them have no ammo.

PC

Castithan run/jog speed

Castithan female run speed too slow.
    Castithan female run (normal movement speed) is drastically slower than Irathi male or female run speeds.
    I am constantly having to trigger non-ego sprint in order to keep up with my husband's Irathi male character (whom I am grouped with) and to keep up with the NPC Irathi female Cass. If I don't shift sprint, they both leave me in the dust.

Expected results are for all characters to have the same run/jog speed.
    Group a Casti female character with an Irathi male character and start running.
    PC
    Everywhere

NPCs not spawning at North Point Mine.

Doing the mission "Major Miner Rescue". When we got to the North Point Mine, there was a hellbug event going on. After the event ended, none of the NPCs that were supposed to be there spawned in and there were no interactables other than the ammo boxes. Waited 30 minutes, completely left the area and came back and still had the same results.

see above

PC

North Point Mine location, Major Miner Rescue mission, just after a hellbug event.

Left arm animation on avatar is twisted looking when in the default assault rifle holding pose. Easily viewable on the character selection screen, but also in in-game loadout menu.

Distortion appears on all Characters and NPCs holding an LMG or assault rifle. Switching to SMG or Sniper Rifle restores the arm's normal look.

Platform: PC

Summary: Client Freezes, Alt Tab closes while going to desktop

Steps to reproduce: Usually seems like going into an Arkfall with a lot of people and hellbugs seems to cause the client to freeze up completely, then when it freezes you hit Alt+Tab and while it goes back to the desktop the frozen client just closes for no reason.

Platform: PC

Sorry if it has already been reported but I've had quite a few weapons with negative EGO ratings. Also when trying to enhance a weapon it will display a blank upgrade screen unless the weapon was right clicked to select before left clicking to enhance. (Weapon needs to be displayed as selected to the right side, otherwise will try to enhance another weapon or display blank). When a weapon has a negative value (say -185 base and enhanced to +250) it will display as "-,185 +250". Sometimes it will lessen the negative ego rating but I have yet to see it become positive.

Dual 4K monitor issues -

When starting Defiance 2050, the client appears to auto change the resolution on one monitor to 1920x1080, then minimizes the Defiance.exe window. If I hover over the icon on the task bar, I can see blurred out images. I also hear the soundtrack playing. If I try to switch to or Maximize the window, I only get my windows desktop along with the mouse pointer with what looks like the Defiance 2050 color scheme. Like a transparent window on top of the desktop. As a result, cannot start/load game to play/test.

Additionally, I have to move mouse to 2nd monitor in order to bring up task manager to kill the Defiance process to return screen and function back to normal.

Lightbulb QOL suggestions for the in game settings

I posted a 'QOL suggestions for the in game settings' thread in general-section (because they're not necessarily in-game bugs).
    I believe some of it will make the playing experience more enjoyable.
    [ Quality of Life Improvements/Suggestions ]