+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin9572 View Post
    So let me get this straight. You buy a Founders pack 5 years ago and got your money's worth. Now your expecting to get the new games FP for free or at a reduced cost? You do realize Trion is in business to make money right? Here's your prize than a title "Entitled whiner". Seriously smh with the ppl in this game, so many should get that title, for sure!
    The biggest issue is the Defiance Founders are losing EVERYTHING with Defiance 2050 because of the way the transfer is going to happen... which means the stuff they DID pay money for is now moot. This means that all the effort, time, money put into the game is now null and void and they want us to feel "special" by rebuying what we've already paid for but rebuying LESS of what we've already paid for. You're not realizing all the negatives we are getting for very few positives besides an up-port which for Xbox could've been done anyways with the backwards compatibility program.

Quote Originally Posted by r4in View Post
    I would be more inclined to buy Founder Pack if the game actually had new content. So far, it does not. You are pretty much paying again for the same experience. That's a problem.

Honestly, there should be option to buy lower-tier Founders Packs (or equivalents) with Valor.
    Personally I bought the ultimate founders pack the second I heard it was a thing. With that said, I do 100% agree with you that founders packs should be made available through the valor program. Give us something truly worth grinding towards. The rewards are good enough even in the lower tiers that I'm sure people would grind towards them in valor.

I like defiance so supporting it isn't hard for me so dropping another $50 is not a huge deal to me personally. Again I get both sides. Not to mention purchasing the founders packs to not count towards your purchases for valor commendation. I asked during their live stream yesterday and they said it doesn't, that honestly upset me a bit because I bought it to support their game and yes I am already getting cosmetic stuff from it but I should still earn more valor from it aswell. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerokhna View Post
    The biggest issue is the Defiance Founders are losing EVERYTHING with Defiance 2050 because of the way the transfer is going to happen... which means the stuff they DID pay money for is now moot. This means that all the effort, time, money put into the game is now null and void and they want us to feel "special" by rebuying what we've already paid for but rebuying LESS of what we've already paid for. You're not realizing all the negatives we are getting for very few positives besides an up-port which for Xbox could've been done anyways with the backwards compatibility program.
    Exactly this! If Defiance was a PC only game this would have just been a small update. It is just the same game, with a few changes. It is a game that stuff has already been bought/achieved. Now have to lose nearly all of it and all of our progress.

If it had been a brand new map/story/characters (even though it is set in the future from D13) I'd have been all up for paying for Founders Pack.

But they want me to buy another Founders Pack (also bought the game full price and season pass) that I bought when this game was first released, because now it is in HD?

I am still 2 minds about it though. One half is saying don't do it, you already bought all this **** for a game that you been playing last 5 years, why buy it all again for the same game, this should be free (or chars should been fully transferred warts and all)! Then other half is like but this will support it, you love Defiance and new content will be out for it (will it?) and may be different and not what you expect.

I don't know. I am waiting for a lot more betas first. But as it stands I am with my first bit of this post.
    In Game - Sp1d3r-81
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Z Nation
    http://www.youtube.com/user/elastikspastik

Where the sun comes out daytime & the moon nighttime
    Quote Originally Posted by Elastik Spastik View Post
    As a player that has played from the beginning i know where you are coming from with this. I saw the founders pack last night for first time and thought that are we not founders already? I bought game on release, season passes and other packs that came with it, and all sorts other skins etc. If Trion really had any sense this founders pack would be free for players that had paid for the game and season pass. Especially as we are losing pretty much everything else we earned/paid for, to just play the same game that is an updated console port. If Trion really wanted keep a lot of vet players the way forward would be to either give the paid vets the founders pack for free, as a thank you and a sorry you will lose everything you already paid money for.

Or like at least an 50% discount or something.
    Hey, you just knocked Trion's curve ball out of the park there!
    See...those breathing exercises came in handy after all, didn't they!

PS:
    Hey Elastik, if I remember correctly...didn't you initially type "80%" as discount...or am I just imagining here!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerokhna View Post
    While I do understand that ppl are upset because they are losing their money and time spent on D13. But Trion isn't moving forward with D13, unless all the unhappy ppl truly come together and get them to continue to support it. I have said this before and I'll say it again, D13 is broken, heavily flawed, and has been exploited many times. If ppl don't want to move on that's their choice, but you might get left behind, that's the reality of the situation. Trion is not asking you to re-buy anything for the new game ( well slightly upgraded and reskinned) and they have included the Valor system, of which they'll never explain to us because ppl would try and exploit it. There are very few games that let you transfer anything for the old game to the new game. They have given legitimate reasons for what they are doing, and I'm sure it's for profit as well, let's not fool ourselves! And that's the problem nowadays, ppl need to feel "special"...

While I do understand that ppl are upset because they are losing their money and time spent on D13. But Trion isn't moving forward with D13, unless all the unhappy ppl truly come together and get them to continue to support it. I have said this before and I'll say it again, D13 is broken, heavily flawed, and has been exploited many times. If ppl don't want to move on that's their choice, but you might get left behind, that's the reality of the situation. Trion is not asking you to re-buy anything for the new game ( well slightly upgraded and reskinned) and they have included the Valor system, of which they'll never explain to us because ppl would try and exploit it. There are very few games that let you transfer anything for the old game to the new game. They have given legitimate reasons for what they are doing, and I'm sure it's for profit as well, let's not fool ourselves! And that's the problem nowadays, ppl need to feel "special"...
    What you are saying might be true if this were in fact a new game, its not, the files are the same, the exe is the same, everything is the same with a few "updates", even the bugs are the same. This has nothing to do with feeling "special" it has to do with the PC community especially being bent over. TSW pulled the same thing but at least they had the decency of unlocking the weapon types for existing players. Here we are expected to pay to unlock the "classes" we have always had available to us via the ego system.

Its not the need of feeling special, it is the problem that its pretty much the exact same game. And they are asking for stuff to be bought again so we can have what we had in the same game. Not sure how the valour will work yet though. Is it going to compensate so we can buy all the skins we had? Or you going to get just enough to buy a couple things? Who knows.

As i said in previous post if this was pc onl, it would be just an update. I have indie (from small indie teams/devs) games that have had bigger and free updates for their games, than what this is.

All this is just an update. Nothing more. So we are basically paying for a second founders pack, in the game we had already bought for.

Its like if say, a game came out f2p, you spend £40 on founders pack. Somewhere down line (after playing and spending money from its store) gets this update that changes a few things and very slightly changes graphics. But now they have taken all your progress away and locked things that was already available to you that you bought. And want you to buy it all it again. How well do you think that would go down with its players?
    In Game - Sp1d3r-81
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Z Nation

Quote Originally Posted by RajeeMama007 View Post
    Hey, you just knocked Trion's curve ball out of the park there!
    See...those breathing exercises came in handy after all, didn't they!

PS:
    Hey Elastik, if I remember correctly...didn't you initially type "80%" as discount...or am I just imagining here!
    I did haha, was a typo.
    In Game - Sp1d3r-81
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Z Nation

lol. bitstore hits player for 1000 damage.
    They say most of your brain shuts down on the Defiance forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

"If I don't shoot, repair, or screw something in the next few minutes, we're gonna have a problem."

The Four Cats of Defiance The Perfect Crimefighter Exchange Warriors

PCMR/NA
    IGN: 12Gaige Ego: 6000
    Clan: Krayola Kingdom

So, you rent a house, and you buy all sorts of stuff to put in it - fridge, cooker, tv etc. You enjoy all your items as you paid for them, but 3 years later, the manufacturers of those items come to your home, put a 'NEW' sticker on them, then say you can either slowly work off some arbitrary time value to be able to fully use these items again, or you can pay up-front again to use most of the features on them instantly.

I wonder what you would do then ?

+ Reply to Thread