+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedEvil View Post
    Don't want to start over, then stay on the original game. Simple. There is no one twisting anyone's arm to get 2050.

Here's a tissue.
    Exactly, this guy gets it!

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered View Post
    The Secret World changing to Secret World Legends says hi. They let us have all our cosmetics/vehicles (sprints in that game) as well as their form of classes for free. Why you may ask because we paid for the game when it was B2P and they understood people sunk tons of money into the game and kept them afloat through tough times. Hell they even honored the lifetime patron from the original game to the new game.
    Heard of it before, and I'll say the same thing I told that person. TSW is PC only, so tell me a cross platform game that does that?

Founders packs are common in free to play games, you don´t need them if you don´t want it, they´re facilitators.
    They also allow to get early access to games.

No one´s forcing anyone to buy them, it´s a choice that each one has to make.

Lets remember one thing, game is FTP they need to get income from somewhere be it from founders pack or micro transactions.
    Don´t really see a problem here.

Game companies get away with so much already with overcharging at minimum effort. DLC's, remasters, founders stuff, microtransctions the lot.

This is one example, taking everything away and giving you Valour that nobody has any idea about. And recharging for something people have pretty much already paid for (because no matter how you look at it, it is the same game, not a different one, or a sequel, it is the same thing i paid for already).

I actually dont mind stuff like this in some games and if i love a game I will support it, as i have done with D13. Valour points means nothing at the moment to anyone.

As I keep saying, if D2050 was actually a new game I would be so happy with that and I would be supporting as i do love Defiance. But its not. It is the same game. People are allowed to be questioning such things, or do we just bend over and be the sheep?

People have voices and if they don't like something they will say something. There is nothing wrong about that. People may try come in and silence those with a voice, We are all different and we all have our own opinions.

Dont get me wrong, both sides of the arguement are right in their own way, but it doesnt mean we cant say something about how we feel.

Know what, I wouldnt of even minded if the Founders Pack had a discount for those that paid for the game and its season pass etc.
    In Game - Sp1d3r-81
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Z Nation
    http://www.youtube.com/user/elastikspastik

Where the sun comes out daytime & the moon nighttime
    Quote Originally Posted by Elastik Spastik View Post
    People have voices and if they don't like something they will say something. There is nothing wrong about that. People may try come in and silence those with a voice, We are all different and we all have our own opinions.

Dont get me wrong, both sides of the arguement are right in their own way, but it doesnt mean we cant say something about how we feel.
    Absolutely!
    Just a while earlier, I sent a private message to TwistedEvil after what he said about what I had said on another thread. Herewith an extract of that pm:

"Hi there! I've read your response in reply to mine on the topic "Farewell Defiance". I just wanted to say that I understand your point of view & respect that. Thanks for your input.".

Just to add - We may have our different views on a certain matter but I guess its all for the sake of a game we love & are passionate about. There's nothing wrong with having a healthy debate so long as it doesn't become personal.

Quote Originally Posted by RajeeMama007 View Post
    Absolutely!
    Just a while earlier, I sent a private message to TwistedEvil after what he said about what I had said on another thread. Herewith an extract of that pm:

"Hi there! I've read your response in reply to mine on the topic "Farewell Defiance". I just wanted to say that I understand your point of view & respect that. Thanks for your input.".

Just to add - We may have our different views on a certain matter but I guess its all for the sake of a game we love & are passionate about. There's nothing wrong with having a healthy debate so long as it doesn't become personal.
    Exactly. Nothing wrong with debating about something we care about.
    In Game - Sp1d3r-81
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Z Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Elastik Spastik View Post
    Game companies get away with so much already with overcharging at minimum effort. DLC's, remasters, founders stuff, microtransctions the lot.

This is one example, taking everything away and giving you Valour that nobody has any idea about. And recharging for something people have pretty much already paid for (because no matter how you look at it, it is the same game, not a different one, or a sequel, it is the same thing i paid for already).

I actually dont mind stuff like this in some games and if i love a game I will support it, as i have done with D13. Valour points means nothing at the moment to anyone.

As I keep saying, if D2050 was actually a new game I would be so happy with that and I would be supporting as i do love Defiance. But its not. It is the same game. People are allowed to be questioning such things, or do we just bend over and be the sheep?

Know what, I wouldnt of even minded if the Founders Pack had a discount for those that paid for the game and its season pass etc.
    Explain to me where you are being recharged for anything? D2050 is 100% F2P. This is where the debate goes off track for me. This is not a legitimate arguement since anything paid for is 100% optional.

Quote Originally Posted by SHiftt87 View Post
    Explain to me where you are being recharged for anything? D2050 is 100% F2P. This is where the debate goes off track for me. This is not a legitimate arguement since anything paid for is 100% optional.
    If you had read the previous posts as to why, its because D2050 is the same game as D13, that we already bought into. D13 was f2p play, but I'd been playing before it was and paid money for it all. All that is changed in D2050, is hardly noticeable update in graphics (pc anyway) and the class system/weapons is slightly different, and servers run a bit better. Other than that D2050 is D13.

And even though some of us already bought into season passes and other account upgrades. We now have to pay for it again, for the same game we been playing for last 5 years.

So it is hardly a founders pack to some of us.
    In Game - Sp1d3r-81
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Z Nation

So far, I'm pretty disappointed with the way Trion is handling this so far, even though I shouldn't be surprised at this point.

It would be different, I think, if 2050 was a tangible leap forward in terms of content, but it's exactly the same from everything I've seen so far. Better bones, sure, but it's the same house.

So it's a tough ask to give up all of the stuff I've built up over the years. All of the unique cosmetics that came out when the show was on the air. All of the unique weapons (was gifted And Taxes from LoCarb back in the day). Might be petty, but I feel like it's an especially tough ask because, dang, the stuff the long-time players had to go through with this game. Buying the game at launch as a B2P title, riding out the transition into F2P, riding out increased monetization with arkforge/supreme weapons/expeditions, derezing cars, an auction house that literally broke the game, no chat at launch, Silicon Valley also nearly breaking the game until Trick and the gang solved the issue.

Yeah, the old game will still be there, but will it really? 2050 will be getting the new content if successful, the old game will probably be stuck in the perpetual events cycle until the amount of players doesn't necessitate further server space. Just ask the folks who played Devilian.

It's just a weird situation and I wish Trion would've gotten ahead of this instead of putting a founder's pack purchase in front of me, when I got the collector's edition of Defiance on my shelf.

it really doesnt surprise me that trion still hasnt figured out what micro means when it comes to micro transactions. if thats a preview of things to come then greed will kill the game and it will become just as unbalanced as it is now.

+ Reply to Thread