+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    not missing anything. 2050 section is deader then this section

Quote Originally Posted by richardkrainium View Post
    not missing anything. 2050 section is deader then this section
    I think there should be a totally different forum then just a thread for 2050 bug reports,the people that has access to it has already commented there,that's why it is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ttoomm View Post
    I think there should be a totally different forum then just a thread for 2050 bug reports,the people that has access to it has already commented there,that's why it is dead.
    ttoomm 2050 forums have 3 sections, one for news and announcements from staff, the general 2050 forums and the 2050 bug report sections.

---------

The 2050 forums are all quiet. Remember one out of fifty people in beta will bother wanting to post in the forums and of those, I'm guessing less than half have permission. So there's no genuine conversation going on. Even less so with no beta testing the last 2 weekends.

This debacle leaves me with a few conclusions.

First, the forums are there to facilitate finding bugs, but similar to Defiance 2013, they beta tested the bare minimum of what they believe they Must, only. Since the first 2 weekends seemed to be a test on whether the game works, in general, or not... it passed and they are moving forward with fleshing out the systems they've been working on the last 6 months.

Secondly, at this stage, Defiance is earning nothing, and they need 2050 up and running ASAP. They already have a schedule of everything that must be done to get it up and going. Listening to feedback and advice, even if they DO like our suggestions, it's not important for launch. Anything delaying the launch of 2050 is going to be frowned on by Trion management.

That leaves me to conclude this... 2050's beta testing is really just a form of advertising for 2050. If they like any of our suggestions we'll see it after launch, eventually.

Do I think this is the wrong approach?

From a players standpoint yes. It's already a BIG ask for vets to take such a huge dump on the weapon progression of the last 5 years and start over. At least 2050 seems stable now in limited testing.

From a developer standpoint, no. They answer to their management, who answer to their investors. It's a F2P game in name only because that soft approach allows players to get invested in the game and start opening up their wallets. Really, the devs ultimately work for the investors. So they will do what they need to do to keep their investors and bosses pleased first, which then keeps them employed and hopefully happy with their work making games and finally us.

Having worked for a Fortune 500 company, if any of you think it works any different than this you are foolish.
    Is this stopping me from attempting to nudge the game into a better state? No. Do I think I'm getting anywhere? Maybe a 5/10 at tilting at windmills. Every time I read that I bump my score lower... I'll move on now.

Honestly, the Defiance general forum comment section is working as better than the 2050 forums. I don't think there's much point to them now, since even an open beta, if they come out with one, will be very short and read for little more than identifying bugs. So if we want to discuss things, talk to each other... it's better here.