+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ChaoticD, I didn't think all those stats were that difficult to grasp. After Rarnok's explanation on Sat 4/21, it is clear simply putting the best rated weapons in your 4 equipable slots to boost your overall POWER rating... which improves the spread of future drops, including # of stars, will be the optimal way to level up.

The rating system broke down during beta. While Destromathe says there's programming in place to have higher rated guns start dropping at 500 and 1000, it wasn't working. Power rating stagnated in the 600's. I played for 2 full days at 25 EGO with a 633-637 (depending on my secondary weapon) and I couldn't get a single drop higher than 602, (two shields) out of approximately 200+ drops. Yea, I played a lot to test this.

Did you all notice the base rating of the guns you got when you enhanced them? Two numbers displaying under the POWER rating top left. The first begins with a random +/- and is increasable by ranking the weapon up with EP salvage. The green number (the weapon base rating) was +250 for every gun. Destromathe stated in the 4/27 livestream that after you bypass 500 POWER the base is supposed to drop guns with a 500 base, and above 1000 with a 1000 base. That never kicked in, the first 2 weekends. I've posts in several different threads trying to get that through to the devs. Hopefully, we get to see that system fixed, and tested in future betas.

2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post
    Biggest problem to weapons so far to me is the total inaccuracy they have,
    If you´re firing from the hip, you barely hit anything, bullet dispersion is totally of the charts.
    When you ADS, precision and accuracy are not that much better.
    I created a video regarding some of these issues as well which you can find below. There are moments which i caught on video that none of the bonus stats work and the weapon is reverted back to a 0 Level. When this happens you can not only notice the difference in how the weapon fires but it actually starts healing enemies. If you swap weapons it fixes the issue but if your in the middle of a large scale PVE event or even worse a PVP battle and dont notice it right away, its very detrimental. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXeI5hpLNkU

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    Did you all notice the base rating of the guns you got when you enhanced them? Two numbers displaying under the POWER rating top left. The first begins with a random +/- and is increasable by ranking the weapon up with EP salvage. The green number (the weapon base rating) was +250 for every gun.
    Although this is the case which i did not include in the Analysis (thank you for reminding me, i will need to update) the Tier increases by salvaging does not show anywhere but the Enhance Screen. You are incorrect though with the +250 for each weapon though, that is dictated by the Color Rarity of the weapon which changes the max Power Rating increase it can become. For example, a green rarity is only up to a +100 while a blue is a +150. The system still has massive issues with the Weapon Bonuses system as there seems to be nothing that dictates the values but complete RNG. Having full RNG for something that has this many systems in place makes most of the systems completely pointless. The Color Rarity and Tier System also doesn't work with the Power Rating system as you can have a blue 3 Tier with a higher Power Rating then a Purple 4 Tier at base values at same Weapon Level. It doesn't work. The Point is that the systems are difficult enough the grasp if they were actually working, but they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticD View Post
    I created a video regarding some of these issues as well which you can find below. There are moments which i caught on video that none of the bonus stats work and the weapon is reverted back to a 0 Level. When this happens you can not only notice the difference in how the weapon fires but it actually starts healing enemies. If you swap weapons it fixes the issue but if your in the middle of a large scale PVE event or even worse a PVP battle and dont notice it right away, its very detrimental. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXeI5hpLNkU

Although this is the case which i did not include in the Analysis (thank you for reminding me, i will need to update) the Tier increases by salvaging does not show anywhere but the Enhance Screen. You are incorrect though with the +250 for each weapon though, that is dictated by the Color Rarity of the weapon which changes the max Power Rating increase it can become. For example, a green rarity is only up to a +100 while a blue is a +150. The system still has massive issues with the Weapon Bonuses system as there seems to be nothing that dictates the values but complete RNG. Having full RNG for something that has this many systems in place makes most of the systems completely pointless. The Color Rarity and Tier System also doesn't work with the Power Rating system as you can have a blue 3 Tier with a higher Power Rating then a Purple 4 Tier at base values at same Weapon Level. It doesn't work. The Point is that the systems are difficult enough the grasp if they were actually working, but they are not.
    Thanks for putting together all this info, I was still trying get my head round it all but you have made it much more clearer. I was also getting confused why green drops were having more power than my purple weapon I have at the mo.
    In Game - Elastikspastik
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Red Thugs
    http://www.youtube.com/user/elastikspastik

Nice catch there, didn´t happen to me and for what i´m seeing people writing on the forum, lots of the bugs and glitchs started when people get to lvl 25, like the reload perk per example.

You should put that video on the beta forum if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post
    Nice catch there, didn´t happen to me and for what i´m seeing people writing on the forum, lots of the bugs and glitchs started when people get to lvl 25, like the reload perk per example.

You should put that video on the beta forum if you can.
    The new Forum is live now? Maybe i should transfer some of this information over as well with some of the extra information that Kylarran reminded me of... I just joined these forums (6 posts now) so I'm still getting used to everything. Where do i find the new forums?

The new Forum is live now? Maybe i should transfer some of this information over as well with some of the extra information that Kylarran reminded me of... I just joined these forums (6 posts now) so I'm still getting used to everything. Where do i find the new forums?
    If you registered with the same email you´re using here, you should see the links on the upper part of the forum.

System is not a really complex at beta. Hope devs tweek alot this before lauch because i can tell how it work atm very fast and simple. ONLY thing that matter on anyting weps/shield/nades/mods is power rating until u hit max level and max power rating. So u basicly just use and dump everyting until u are max level max power rating.

Absolute notting matter before that. Weapon rolls/mods/rarity dont matter at all. There is no point put any salvage or mods on any weapon until you are max ego/Power level because u just dump everyting until u get max.

I dont see how this what devs say "Make your own weapon" have notting to do this currect system. It is more like opposite. Defi 2013 have that "make weapon your own" with tuning rolls/mods etc... not this 1. You cant really keep any stuff because you cant update those like before. You get t5 power rating x ar that is absolute useless after u drop t2 ar that have 100 x better power rating.

And 3 bonus roll system.. 90% vets just gonna put dmg-crit-fire rate/mag allmost every gun so whats the point of that then too?

Really hope devs think about this again..

Some questions I had re: weapons/etc since I didn't do beta.

So in Defiance 2013, we had the general weapon level system. The more you used a particular weapon type, you gained levels in it. These bonuses would apply to whatever weapon of that same type you picked up in the future. It didn't matter what your ego loadout was or the tier of gun you used, if you had Level 10 Assault Rifle you had a fixed bonus of stuff that the guy with only Level 1 assault rifle skill didn't have.

Is that a function of the level system they have? If I'm level 50 do I have a stack of inherent bonuses that make me do things better in general than a level 1? Or is my 'level' only a factor in what I can equip. So theoretically a level 50 and a Level 1 using the same unmodded level 1 white gun would do the same dmg? Or do I have more background bonuses as a 50?

As for classes, I see under assault it helps with things like bloom, so does that mean if you want to use an AR, you kinda have to play an assault class?

Quote Originally Posted by Losobal View Post

So in Defiance 2013, we had the general weapon level system. The more you used a particular weapon type, you gained levels in it. These bonuses would apply to whatever weapon of that same type you picked up in the future. It didn't matter what your ego loadout was or the tier of gun you used, if you had Level 10 Assault Rifle you had a fixed bonus of stuff that the guy with only Level 1 assault rifle skill didn't have.

Is that a function of the level system they have? If I'm level 50 do I have a stack of inherent bonuses that make me do things better in general than a level 1? Or is my 'level' only a factor in what I can equip. So theoretically a level 50 and a Level 1 using the same unmodded level 1 white gun would do the same dmg? Or do I have more background bonuses as a 50?

As for classes, I see under assault it helps with things like bloom, so does that mean if you want to use an AR, you kinda have to play an assault class?
    It wasn't covered in this particular write up, but yes, those passive weapon levels are still in there for 2050. They appear to remain unchanged from the original game in terms of the amounts. It seems like a slightly slower gain in those passive ranks though. My ARs got to level 3 in the beta and a few other weapon types up to level 2.
    PSN ID (NA) - maverick--07--
    Characters - Odessia Tonra, Cynthia Vera, Dahlia Vasir

Defiance Data

Quote Originally Posted by Losobal View Post

This is another good point that I had not covered in the original Analysis because according to Trion in a stream, the system is unfinished. I will need to include this information as well on the first post. There are 2 types of level gain for a single Weapon specifically. The Enhance Rank can increase the weapon stats a certain number of times based on the Rarity Color. The Passive Rank increases the stats for all weapons of that type relative to the Passive Rank. The Passive Rank is currently the same system as the original Defiance. Depending on your Passive bonuses for that type of weapon, and the Enhance Rank that you have increased for that weapon, the stats will improve. For assault, the class had perks associated for both shotguns, assault rifles, and sub machine guns. Depending on what skills you used in the skill tree would also determine what weapons you are better at using.

Thank you everyone for bringing a few things to my attention, i will get the post updated with the information you have discussed as soon as I can. I will not be online until monday.