+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Update

Thank you everyone for the continued Feedback. I have Added the information that you have notified me about to the original Post as well as included an Image at the beginning of the post indicating an example of the problems that this system has taken directly from the latest Defiance 2050 Trion Stream. As usual I look forward to your feedback.

Honestly, I think we should take to calling Power Level "Light Levels". Btw, in your adventures in Beta, was it like light levels? If you were running around with a low light level you'll only get drops around that light level or does it factor off something else?

Like say you've got Light Level 650 gear average, will gear drop +/- that current rating? Your max rating, etc? Cause if its a factor of ''uses current light level to determine drops" I can see that going ugly. You'll be forced to wear your highest gear to advance otherwise you'll just get gear that's lower. On the other hand, if its based on calculated max, that might be ok, but hopefully its not the ridiculous Destiny approach of "increase a few points at a time, unless you do some ridiculously grindy stuff'

I was concerned with your apparent discovery of hard limits on upgrades of lower initial light level guns. I agree with the notion of, "if throwing salvage at low guns ultimately has no benefit, then isn't the only option to grind with junk stuff whatever you can find, until you cap, then start trying to improve guns."

Btw did you see (are there even any?) set bonus things like D2013?

Ok, I missed the last hangout, but I have this major concern with the weapons system, relating to the "prototypes". My biggest fear is that the Devs will deviate too far from the weapons of the original.

When they spoke of changing up the weapons system, I had the impression that we'd basically be able to create our own weapon to have whatever ability we wanted. For example, say I wanted to recreate Wolfman MKII. I'd be able to pick out a list of balanced synergy abilities for that weapon, and upgrade it to my liking. In this case, it would be The Purge synergy, and then I could customize the palette appearance of the SMG to my liking. And you could change up a few features of that SMG, say for example, I wanted to fire like a Mazu Blast rifle. I'd be able to do that, as long as I met the requirements to do so.

But I'm not getting that impression at all right now. So what exactly are we to look forward to, with this change in the weapon system?

I played a ton of the beta and got to a power rating of around 620. I felt stuck at that level as most of the items dropped around 540-590 range. Now maybe that was a cap on the Mt Tam / Madera area? I also felt the mission rewards seem to be at a much higher power rating then drops, so maybe a way to entice progressing through the story missions. One other point I did not like when I found an orange shield or grenade and it was a lower power rating than the green shield or grenade I had equipped, what a let down. You should be excited about finding an orange shield/grenade, i mean that's the point of a loot chase to find rare gear. Make the power rating higher or better stats based on the rarity of the drop or even add the new star system to shields/grenades, something to make me feel good about picking up an orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Losobal View Post
    Honestly, I think we should take to calling Power Level "Light Levels". Btw, in your adventures in Beta, was it like light levels? If you were running around with a low light level you'll only get drops around that light level or does it factor off something else?

Like say you've got Light Level 650 gear average, will gear drop +/- that current rating? Your max rating, etc? Cause if its a factor of ''uses current light level to determine drops" I can see that going ugly. You'll be forced to wear your highest gear to advance otherwise you'll just get gear that's lower. On the other hand, if its based on calculated max, that might be ok, but hopefully its not the ridiculous Destiny approach of "increase a few points at a time, unless you do some ridiculously grindy stuff'

I was concerned with your apparent discovery of hard limits on upgrades of lower initial light level guns. I agree with the notion of, "if throwing salvage at low guns ultimately has no benefit, then isn't the only option to grind with junk stuff whatever you can find, until you cap, then start trying to improve guns."
    That could easily be a major issue. The grind to max power, be it 1500 or whatever the value is set to, could be much worse than what exists in Destiny.

There seem to be more potential limiting factors for 2050: power value based on a set of 2 equipped weapons vs. a loadout of 10 or so items, "infusion" by specific weapon salvage type instead of by class (primary, secondary, etc), the path to 1500 being potentially much longer than that to 300/400 depending, of course, on how drops scale.

Not being able to use what you wanted/liked was a terrible aspect of Destiny; it could be particularly off-putting to veterans who gave up their inventories. Or to anyone else really, it seems like a method that's outlived it's time, players might expect more even from an f2p title, given the quality of something like Warframe, as an example.
    IGN - zoyarska EGO 6000
    IGN - MONGOOSEEEEE EGO 1700ish
    PS3 - NA, psn id = kgersen

Quote Originally Posted by Losobal View Post

Btw did you see (are there even any?) set bonus things like D2013?
    I have been trying to be accurate with this games terms but Tier is also not the correct term. Same concept as light levels on Destiny. You have to have the gear equipped for it to be able to drop better items so you will have to equip items you do not want on to be able to continue earning better rewards. The Power Level is based on your average so you can also run into the issue of missing something specific that can halt progression. The only bonuses weapons have are damage, reload, crit chance, fire rate, and clip size i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Applebite View Post
    When they spoke of changing up the weapons system, I had the impression that we'd basically be able to create our own weapon to have whatever ability we wanted. For example, say I wanted to recreate Wolfman MKII. I'd be able to pick out a list of balanced synergy abilities for that weapon, and upgrade it to my liking. In this case, it would be The Purge synergy, and then I could customize the palette appearance of the SMG to my liking. And you could change up a few features of that SMG, say for example, I wanted to fire like a Mazu Blast rifle. I'd be able to do that, as long as I met the requirements to do so.

But I'm not getting that impression at all right now. So what exactly are we to look forward to, with this change in the weapon system?
    There are no synergy's in Defiance 2050 or at least not in Beta. You can only choose the bonuses that is stated in the answer above (damage, crit chance, reload, so on). You also cannot change the appearance of the weapon with the exception of Mods much like how current Defiance is. Prototypes are completely different as they are completely unique and use many of the synergy mechanics that were in previous Defiance for extra abilities. They work much like the concept of Exotics on Destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by questfordays View Post
    I played a ton of the beta and got to a power rating of around 620. I felt stuck at that level as most of the items dropped around 540-590 range. Now maybe that was a cap on the Mt Tam / Madera area? .
    Trion has stated that loot is area specific so it is possible but we were also told that the Closed Beta Max Power Rating would be 1200 which we didn't get near.

Loot power level being area specific is quite a big change and should funnel players looking for better gear to high level areas. When in the appropriate level area we also won't be subject to power scaling and depending how this is tuned may discourage playing in lower level areas. If contracts are going to be in the same areas as now then will have to see how that plays out.

During beta the new loot power levels felt OK until hitting the bugged cap around 620. I didn't feel the need to equip weapons that I didn't want to use just to improve loot drops. Once we hit the power cap it shouldn't matter anyway, just will take people longer or shorter to reach it depending on how often they switch equipment. I'll probably equip new weapons to the optimal class and then can switch to that class to improve drops if required. Also going to be using all the weapons to get the pursuits again anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    ChaoticD, I didn't think all those stats were that difficult to grasp. After Rarnok's explanation on Sat 4/21, it is clear simply putting the best rated weapons in your 4 equipable slots to boost your overall POWER rating... which improves the spread of future drops, including # of stars, will be the optimal way to level up.
    Wait, so in order to get better versions of the weapons I do like, I have to use a bunch of weapons that I don't like just because their score is higher?

Why the **** are they making everything so complicated?

Quote Originally Posted by squidgod2000 View Post
    Why the **** are they making everything so complicated?
    My feelings exactly. I don't see any of this as an improvement, just an increase in complication.
    IGN = Avalanch.
    Title = "Daredevil"
    Clan = Cronus
    PC NA

Remember the Purgatory.

ChaoticD --- you commented on part of my post #11 where I stated:

"Did you all notice the base rating of the guns you got when you enhanced them? Two numbers displaying under the POWER rating top left. The first begins with a random +/- and is increasable by ranking the weapon up with EP salvage. The green number (the weapon base rating) was +250 for every gun."

You replied in post #12... trimmed down to where you comment on the above:

"You are incorrect though with the +250 for each weapon though, that is dictated by the Color Rarity of the weapon which changes the max Power Rating increase it can become. For example, a green rarity is only up to a +100 while a blue is a +150."

Here's my reply. I'm only bothering since I don't want to mislead anyone else, and I'd like you to understand as well. Bear with me, since I'm correcting you you'll have the hardest time grokking it.

For the first 2 weekends of beta, every gun started with a base of either 100 or 250. That base has nothing to do with the rarity of the gun, that base is supposed to increase and in beta it was not 'working as intended.' The rarity did not change the base +100 or +250, rarity only affects the limit on the number of ranks you can improve the weapon and a gun's overall rating. So during beta a 100 rated gun that dropped would have (viewable only when you enhance) a 0+100 under it. When your rating got over 250 the guns began dropping with, for instance a 233 rated gun, would look like -17+250 when viewed in enhance mode and if it was a green bumped up 10 ranks then it would appear with +83+250. Yes the overall rating improves, but the base of +250 remained a fixed base.

I brought up the whole post #11 to point out the problem to Destromathe that the base never increased in beta to +500 base -/+ guns (nor the +1000 base since no one got there), that left those of us who pushed it in beta mired in the 600's which we only got to by pumping rank into our best guns.

I've mentioned this in a few different threads to attempt to get the dev's attentions, and if we have another beta, I hope this issue is fixed. If it's not, a whole lot of players are going to be crying how terrible the game is since power stagnates in the 600's. There's probably a typo in the part of the code that's supposed to kick up the base gun rating, so the fix need not take much.