+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Sadly, the sawed-off shotguns are useless vs major crit spots, unless you get the hellion version trying to **** face.

The snipers in 2050 are drastically underpowered, they need some love to be anywhere near effective. It's one of the two reasons majors are time consuming and at risk of failure. The second being Power level just doesn't increase... it dies out in the 600's. With our 25 ego cap being half of the 50 ego at launch, you'd think we could push up to the 1500 gun rating cap... nope. Somethings broken in the system they created...

Destromathe, just because 1500 is the cap for beta... doesn't mean it's working as intended, when everyone high enough and who's put in the time, has stagnated somewhere in the 600's.

2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    Sadly, the sawed-off shotguns are useless vs major crit spots, unless you get the hellion version trying to **** face.

The snipers in 2050 are drastically underpowered, they need some love to be anywhere near effective. It's one of the two reasons majors are time consuming and at risk of failure. The second being Power level just doesn't increase... it dies out in the 600's. With our 25 ego cap being half of the 50 ego at launch, you'd think we could push up to the 1500 gun rating cap... nope. Somethings broken in the system they created...

Destromathe, just because 1500 is the cap for beta... doesn't mean it's working as intended, when everyone high enough and who's put in the time, has stagnated somewhere in the 600's.
    I only pulled 6 ojs during the beta and the highest my power rating reach was 602 with 25 ego and all available quests done. It seems like the drops/rewards aren't scaled to reflect yur ego rating nor your levels in your weapons.
    Xbox Defiance Veteran 2013-2018

Quote Originally Posted by ttoomm View Post
    I think it because of the less lag and dc, its the main reason i dont play last gen no more.New bf out soon hope its a good one.Ww2 hopefully
    Barely had any lag, and only had 1 dc while I was modding a gun and when it did it went directly to the report to Sony screen. I have been trying to go back and play D13 for Valor, but it's as bad as I remember. It was soooo nice playing on the PS4 and having stability! I to hope BF2018 will be a WW2 theme, after that they can do a modern/futuristic shooter. I know alot of the younger guys didn't like BF1 because it was WW1 themed. I have been waiting years for a return to WW shooter

I unfortunately didn't get much opportunity to play with the snipers. But in general I feel like most of the weapons in 2050 were balanced purely on DPS. Which is probably why some of the weapons and some of the snipers seem crappy. Hitting consistent Crits with snipers or pistols should be more damage output then, say, blasting a Mazu at something.

DPS is not the whole picture and it's not what should solely be taken into account for balance. The Blast Rifle getting over buffed in the original Defiance is evidence enough.
    PSN ID (NA) - maverick--07--
    Characters - Odessia Tonra, Cynthia Vera, Dahlia Vasir

Defiance Data

Agree that Sniper is under powered but i'm wondering if the Assassin Class is going to have buffs for sniper rifles and that is why it is under powered

Quote Originally Posted by ttoomm View Post
    this is a good idea,duel is way off in 2050.I challenged someone and we ran out of ammo and we both could not Finnish it lol.We ended up melee each other and we was killing each other with 3 hits.
    I had the opposite.
    The Crit Multiplier is waaaaaay too high in duels. The rounds ended within the first 8 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin9572 View Post
    It was soooo nice playing on the PS4 and having stability!
    Agreed... my biggest takeaway from last weekend's beta, no question.

But hey... some people are making the "same server stability" claim.

This community, though. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    Agreed... my biggest takeaway from last weekend's beta, no question.

But hey... some people are making the "same server stability" claim.

This community, though. SMH
    I hear ya only last part, OMG I do, lol. One big problem with online gaming is ppl's internet. This will always be an issue no matter what you play on, even more so with consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin9572 View Post
    I hear ya only last part, OMG I do, lol. One big problem with online gaming is ppl's internet. This will always be an issue no matter what you play on, even more so with consoles.
    I take comfort in the fact that I'm getting over 70GB download speeds in my area these days... so most likely not a problem on my end of the internetz.

I can only speak for my self ,but being me in the other side of the big pond playing on your side of it and barely had any lag, i say only this : if it stays this way on the full release, we have game.