+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Maybe i´m coming back

I just stumbled upon a video on Youtube from Defiance2050 that instantly caught my attention since i´m an old veteran and a huge supporter from the first one since alpha (stopped playing years ago, though--- because some bad decisions had been a made gameplaywise after a long time being online).

So what is this all about?
    Just a reskin of the first one or did they atleast change some things or even rethought some decisions they made?
    Did the graphics get better or still the same you´re used too?
    Same animations as before or more fluid?
    Same bugs as in early stage from the first one or realy improved?

I´m asking it because the videos i saw was just exactly the same game i remember... i even saw the same bugs we had back then in open beta and releaseday because of server-overload (i even saw 2 bugs from early alpha from the first one). It felt like watching old videos that just got named 2050 but are actually the old game.

If it´s closer to the game i used to play during the first 2 seasons of the show i might be coming back again, but if it´s closer to the game you guys are playing today i will pass.

Hope there are still some of the old vets left who remember me, because they would know the best if i should come back (even if they had been on the receiving/suffering side in pvp )
    “Move swift as the Wind and closely-formed as the Wood. Attack like the Fire and be still as the Mountain.” Sun Tzu

Its literally just a Defiance port with 2050 slapped on the end of the title and a change of class system (to be more monetized). In fact according to some peeps the files are exactly the same.

Characters/level/gear are reset (valor points can give you titles, skins, etc).
    Classes are in limited loadouts (you can buy them from founder packs in the bit store).
    Leveling seems to be a bit different (beta the highest I saw was a low double digit instead of people being in the hundreds or thousands)
    Salvage must be manually picked up.
    Gulanite is now a currency (heard it was for upgrading?)
    Slightly upgraded graphics (which only make it look older plus its made some other textures weird)
    Same missions
    Same map
    Same vehicles (some say better driving some say worse)
    Same server issues
    Same animations
    Same bugs
    GT: FTG Griffix
    Xbox Characters: Naomi Ryder and Denri Talak
    Clan: Dawn Patrol

PTS: Griffix
    PTS Characters: Naomi Ryder and Sage Winters

It's way better connectivity. Max ego will be 50. Power is not connected to bit store. All classes will be available for free, the founders packs just make them available earlier. I myself think it is going to be great.

psn eyeamabeazt
    Ps3 IGN Beezst
    Ps4 IGN Jocco

Ps3 Defiance Terminators
    Ps4 Devils Rejects

Defiance 2050 Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/620335361631550/

The game has switched to x64 and DX11 which makes for major improvements in stability and visuals
    In the beta the highest level available was 25. Only for the beta.
    Salvage was manual because they wanted people to see what they were picking up. They are working on making it auto loot
    The graphics are more than slightly improved
    Server stability was greatly improved
    The first day of beta they had server crashes but they found the problem and fixed it quickly. After that it was smooth sailing
    All DLC from the original Defiance will be included in the game for free
    Almost everything in the bit store will be available through game play without having to buy it
    Yes there were some bugs but that's what the beta was for. We caught a lot of them and trion is aware and working on fixes. Some were fixed during the beta.
    PC NA - *Defiance* [outcastJesTeR] Gortho
    *Defiance2050* [StigsCousin] Gortho
    <Chaos Crew>
    Steam - StigsCousin
    Xbox Live Gamertag - ERTStigsCousin
    My Music

Quote Originally Posted by Griffix8 View Post
    Slightly upgraded graphics
    Same server issues
    Same bugs
    100% false

Fact.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by JOCCO5150 View Post
    It's way better connectivity. Max ego will be 50. Power is not connected to bit store. All classes will be available for free, the founders packs just make them available earlier. I myself think it is going to be great.
    I thaught it was 100 ego in full release.It taken me 2 ish days in beta to get to 25,hope its not 50 because it will only take 4 to 5 days to hit top ego.Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ttoomm View Post
    I thaught it was 100 ego in full release.It taken me 2 ish days in beta to get to 25,hope its not 50 because it will only take 4 to 5 days to hit top ego.Lol
    And that´s where the new classes come in to keep you playing. I also believe that after some time they will increase the Ego level from 50 to another number above.
    We need to wait and see.

And don´t forget that you have to consider your power level too, need to find/grind for the right equipment and level it up, this will be the hard part.

Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post

And don´t forget that you have to consider your power level too, need to find/grind for the right equipment and level it up, this will be the hard part.
    you are right, i did find when i got to 650 power it slowed down allot.And for me to get past that i had a fue nade drops that was 5 to 10 power higher but soon as i dropped a t5 and ranked it up my drop power lvls increase slightly .

Thx for the answers so far.

Is there anything that realy stands out in this new version of this game?
    “Move swift as the Wind and closely-formed as the Wood. Attack like the Fire and be still as the Mountain.” Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Aeekto View Post
    Is there anything that realy stands out in this new version of this game?
    Server stability was much better than I thought it would be... only received one random application error during the time I spent playing the beta.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.