+ Reply to Thread

End The Resource Caps

Hey Devs, what's the cap on the amount of money you can have in your bank account? With Defiance 2050 in the works I think it's a good idea to have the discussion I am posting here in this thread in hopes of getting you to cease from this thinking, to avoid it in Defiance 2050, as, to me, this is where you get the chance to gain a lot more players, maybe 10x more than you have now, and to do that you have to think differently, think player-centric, not Dev- and Trion-centric.

So I reiterate my question, what's the cap on the amount of money you can have in your bank account? How about the cap on the amount of money in the Trion bank account? I want to know since you think I should not get the arkforge I earned.

Point is, I don't need you giving me a reason not to play your game. I don't need you deciding what personal economy in the game my toon gets to have by artificially imposed limits (meaning that if I play the game as intended I should get the reward, period, not have it withheld over some Dev or Trion's subjective beliefs). If you don't have a cap on yours and/or Trion's bank accounts then by what reasoning should not earn the rewards I got from the effort I put into whatever event or activity you put into the game?

So please, stop worrying about who has what arkforge or script or whatever, we're going to play to earn it anyway, and to tell us we can't through caps is subliminal social engineering, both in you imposing what you believe in (that has nothing to do with me as a player) and in getting players used to having someone tell them, "you make too much."

I don't care about the "pro-health" benefits of going out and doing something else. I am an old retired person who will never meet any of the enemies I've met in Defiance out on a cruise line so I play Defiance.

Besides, tell me what rules there are for a group of survivors who gather whatever they can from whatever sources they can find. We kill things in the game to get drops, you want to social engineer then stop engineering immorality as rewarding. But as game is designed in this way and we enjoy it, then what is the "cap" of any consistency with the game, or the idea of the story? Answer: None. If so, please let me know what cap you have on your bank account and who imposed it, who said, "Trion can only take in 100 dollars per day, and all other money will just disappear as it comes in." If no one did that to you, don't do it to us, and don't destroy the whole idea of who we are in RPG (Role Playing Game as the toon is a role) as imposed by the game's environment with something so absolutely inconsistent and immersion destroying as resource caps.

We're here for the freedom of play that we enjoy, of course within reasonable limits, meaning limits that meet the logic of the story, and enjoyment of the game, to sell the game to others, which caps do not do.

So now, since I would be playing Defiance if not for your stupid cap, I am going to play Star Trek Online or something else, anything else, until you remove the stupid cap. I want to play and play for as long and as many hours as I want without having to have red lettering show up that I lost 14 arkforge for the event horizon, your big event with these uber-beyond-belief enemies (to which the time it takes to kill them is easily earning my arkforge).

But I must add here that the only thing a cap does is demonstrate the bugged and poor game design if you give rewards for the activities and events but are so worried we (the player you're trying to get to buy items from your store, but that the caps do not encourage me to spend a dime) will accumulate too much. We earned our drops by what we did in the game. Stop imposing artificial limits on us because you designed the game poorly, exploiting us to keep some Dev's job. Leave us alone to have fun in the game, to upgrade as we need to, not as dictated by a Dev's desire to impose a cap that only makes us go play something else when cap is reached. I am not going to "go outside and play," and note I only play Defiance maybe 4 to 6 hours a day and hit the cap. Again your poor design is at fault, not me, not the player, not whether I paid or not, nothing else, just poor Trion game design.

So get rid of the cap. Think of the customer not the latest and greatest Dev "brilliant idea" or answering the whines of someone who thinks others who can do well in getting arkforge and other items in the game should be penalized because the whiner cannot. We earned what we have, just like you earned the money in your Trion bank account. If it's so important to you, get our names and addresses and send us all your profits in excess of expenses every quarter so we can spend it on other games without resource caps.

Customer first, otherwise what you built doesn't matter, we won't come and I doubt you want us soon to leave but if you keep the resource caps maybe you don't want anyone to play your games but the 10% of potential market as you reject the other 90%,

Cutti

You can in fact have over a billion scrip.
    Xbox Defiance Veteran 2013-2018

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost Within View Post
    You can in fact have over a billion scrip.
    No cap on what isn't that important in the game is irrelevant. Arkforge caps are what I posted about. Please try to stay on topic. It's a resource cap, that no amount of scrip fixes. Bad enough we can't get chip pullers in the game, but I accept that. Arkforge caps on top of that, is just plain chasing customers away.

Anyway, posted primarily in hopes the Devs read this. Will not reply to you further.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutti View Post
    No cap on what isn't that important in the game is irrelevant. Arkforge caps are what I posted about. Please try to stay on topic. It's a resource cap, that no amount of scrip fixes. Bad enough we can't get chip pullers in the game, but I accept that. Arkforge caps on top of that, is just plain chasing customers away.

Anyway, posted primarily in hopes the Devs read this. Will not reply to you further.
    So you posted about scrip as well in your original post and I made a comment on the fact there is no cap on it and you come at me like this.....
    Patron pass allows infinite arkforge storage. Without it, there is a limit on how much you can obtain per week. Rather you like it or not, that is how the game is.

As stated by you, "So please, stop worrying about who has what arkforge or script or whatever, we're going to play to earn it anyway, and to tell us we can't through caps is subliminal social engineering, both in you imposing what you believe in (that has nothing to do with me as a player) and in getting players used to having someone tell them, "you make too much."
    Xbox Defiance Veteran 2013-2018