+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexthat View Post
    people use "stand-by" lag exploit to do this, others have horrible latency of over 260 ms
    had this issue right before a router fried and was experiencing 4mbps down and 2mbps up with high ping. it also only happened when dying after going against someone that was using the same weapon type and dying.

I think it happens more to people that use cloak as well, It seems that people that are using cloak get the perma invisible bug happen to them more often than others, they are also immune to any dmg and the only way they can fix it is to leave and rejoin the pvp match
    Antony Harrist - PC NA

Quote Originally Posted by Zephkial View Post
    Becoming and staying completely invisible should not be possible in game. If you are seeing another player abusing this, please send a report to our Support Department and they will investigate and take action if warranted. Please make sure you include as much information as possible, when you send in the report.
    yall devs have had a link to video , for a few years now.on how some players do this perma cloak glitch. ticket#553386 date sent 5/10/16

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    yall devs have had a link to video , for a few years now.on how some players do this perma cloak glitch. ticket#553386 date sent 5/10/16
    I may not be talking about perma-cloak in the OP. What "perma-cloak" means to me is being able to stay in cloak for the duration of the match, or until one gets killed. Granted, this should also be not permitted.

But cloak is *still* visible. In my case, the player is *really* invisible. In the post-death video, he appears completely transparent, only his IGN is visible, "floating" above where his toon was supposed to be. Cloak "refracts" light, it's still slightly visible.
    PS3 NA | PSN: blu-san | Defiance: SanCarioca, DevilSan, CastiSan, San Tarr, Digital San | Clan: Defiance Terminators | EGO: 6000

Trion, please fix and run the Valor transference again
    (Click on the above link to read the thread)

Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post
    I may not be talking about perma-cloak in the OP. What "perma-cloak" means to me is being able to stay in cloak for the duration of the match, or until one gets killed. Granted, this should also be not permitted.

But cloak is *still* visible. In my case, the player is *really* invisible. In the post-death video, he appears completely transparent, only his IGN is visible, "floating" above where his toon was supposed to be. Cloak "refracts" light, it's still slightly visible.
    thats what they call perma cloak. the player doesnt phase in or load into the match right. they have a vid.

Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post

they call it perma cloak because the cloak ego power used to not have the shimmer effect which made the player completely. invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephkial View Post
    Becoming and staying completely invisible should not be possible in game. If you are seeing another player abusing this, please send a report to our Support Department and they will investigate and take action if warranted. Please make sure you include as much information as possible, when you send in the report.
    This exploit/glitch has been around since prepatch weapons were standard. It's caused unintentionally by high latency. In other words a nasty individual can cause it with a lag switch and I'm sure there are several people who do this on purpose. Perhaps maybe checking out the game once in a while from the players perspective would shed alot more light on exploits and their users. This is the reason most mmos have in game GMs.