+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Elastik Spastik View Post
    They said they want to get the game launched first. New and fun activities will come later.
    Hope so but you see, they said many things before(nothing happened), why should this be any different?
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoy303 View Post
    We also want honesty and transparency. Don't say one thing and then do another. And silence is worst of all. Don't say our voices matter and just completely ignore us.
    Quote Originally Posted by defiancegame View Post
    How hard will it be to bring the HUNT back? Remove nerfs and let us enjoy it before it's gone!
    ``Some people can't leave things be, they have to ruin it for everyone else!``

Hope so but you see, they said many things before(nothing happened), why should this be any different?
    Well thats up to you to decide whether you will play it and see, or not.

PC-EU
    In Game - elastikspastik
    EGO - 6000
    http://www.youtube.com/user/elastikspastik

And still no info whatsoever about the NEW and FUN things Defiance2050 is going to have(if any)!! PvP(nerf-free)?? War Master(fixed)?? events(nerf-free)?? Other NEW & FUN activities??
    My fun is just getting to play the game with better server stability.Devs will add more to the game but not at launch.Thay need to work on the new non pay to win gear,and new systems before summer and it is not long.

Yup that's what I worry about. If money starts rolling in you know the evil Trion overlords will put a stop to anymore work being done to the game to save money.

For the various Seasons and DLCs that were introduced in the game, did they say anything about staggering their re-releases? I am all for that, it will help players keep up and not get overwhelmed. When Neverwinter was released on Xbox One, they intially staggered the existing modules from the PC version, but then they dumped three modules at the same time. If you ever played that game, it is a grindfest and if you wanted to stay current with endgame. Good Luck, because you were playing every day the same content over and over and over.

mavrent07... in the section about prototypes, where you state the saw blade may drop in game, I'm guessing they did not mean the prototype would drop off mobs in game, but that it would become a new base gun type that would drop in game. They weren't 'crystal clear' so we'll see. There are some unique guns that dropped in Silicon Valley, the original Purgatory and the other stuff in the San Andreas synergy (if I remember the name right), but they weren't JP/Prototypes.

I'm still assuming a prototype will be a fixed 10 star/condition item with fixed rolls. They still haven't mentioned how they plan to keep Prototypes we obtain early in the game will remain relevant within the ranking system which puts a cap on just how far you can push the rating of the gun. We may all end up with our first Prototype weapons (which many will pay for) being stuck as 1500 or 2000 rating capped items when we have a 4000 rating cap.

And still no info whatsoever about the NEW and FUN things Defiance2050 is going to have(if any)!! PvP(nerf-free)?? War Master(fixed)?? events(nerf-free)?? Other NEW & FUN activities??
    You've got an unrealistic expectation there, defiancegame. Granted you aren't the only one. Faaaaaaar from it.

At this stage, Defiance is dead to them as a money earner and they've been planning, then begun coding 2050 for what... 9-10 months and hope for only a few more. Their goal at the moment is to get 2050 out there as a base to expand upon. Not have it be THE perfect ever-evolving shooter called Mind Game run by the AI Jane who continually generates new scenarios for you once you succeed at the prior task. Yes, a reference to "Ender's Game" written by Orson Scott Card. The book, not the movie.

Now if Trion could only program the perfect AI game programmer in the next 2-3 months for us. Then they'd be out of a job at 2050's launch... hmmm, does this remind you of anything, naaaa?

Joking aside, gamer's unable to have realistic expectations and developer's unable to manage those expectations (ok, an Impossible task, granted) is a major problem for the entire gaming industry. How many game's get crucified in public opinion at launch for not having enough 'end game content' at launch. Pretty much all of them. The loss of revenue from gamer's not continuing to support a game then often cripples any future development, if not kills any future potential of the game, outright.

Personally, the worst example I've seen is the launch of SWOTOR, Star Wars Online: The Old Republic. They lost millions of subscriptions starting after the first couple months because they couldn't BE Luke and Mara Jade, Darth anything, or fly their Super Star Destroyer and crush the puny rebellion at the outset. There was a never-ending sea of dashed hopes that gamer's crushed themselves with, and left ... blaming the developers when they should have/could have been blaming themselves for.

Face it. It's a lot easier to imagine something than actually have to be the one to program it, and to pay for it.

Edited with a few more things I missed

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    mavrent07... in the section about prototypes, where you state the saw blade may drop in game, I'm guessing they did not mean the prototype would drop off mobs in game, but that it would become a new base gun type that would drop in game. They weren't 'crystal clear' so we'll see. There are some unique guns that dropped in Silicon Valley, the original Purgatory and the other stuff in the San Andreas synergy (if I remember the name right), but they weren't JP/Prototypes.

I'm still assuming a prototype will be a fixed 10 star/condition item with fixed rolls. They still haven't mentioned how they plan to keep Prototypes we obtain early in the game will remain relevant within the ranking system which puts a cap on just how far you can push the rating of the gun. We may all end up with our first Prototype weapons (which many will pay for) being stuck as 1500 or 2000 rating capped items when we have a 4000 rating cap.
    Yeah it's hard to say, I mean we still haven't seen a prototype in game even, just concepts. I imagine they will drop from some kind of event themed around the enemy, like an Arkfall or Siege, if not for the dropping off the enemies themselves.

I actually would really like them to make weapons based off the weapons they actually use to be honest. I'd love the MP7 looking thing the Raiders use... and Mutant/Dark Matter Weapons...
    PSN ID (NA) - maverick--07--
    Characters - Cynthia Vera, Dahlia Vasir, Ariya Tonra (EU)

My Guide to Weapon Bonus Rolls and More (Outdated)
    JxSiN's List of Great Guides
    Defiance Data

9.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #19
    Great overview and thanks for the feedback! We're excited to show off some Valor items this upcoming Friday.
    Scott "Mobi" Jasper
    Community Manager