+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2050 Inventory impact of mods

2050's going to need, more inventory capacity than the dev's on the livestreams imply we will need.

We still need to hoard mods. At the start of beta, and launch, you'll have guns and never the mods to fit in the ones you wish to use. Later, that will change, you won't have the guns dropping worth bothering modding and mods end up dominating your inventory while you pray to the RNG gods for something worth putting a mod into.

Using guns for mod storage will drain your Purified Gulanite (current name) token stash since they are used to pull mods. Maybe later, PG will be plentiful and that's not a problem, but they were tied to side quest completion (a finite number of those once and never again) or roadside emergencies, which they introduced in the 2nd beta weekend. That was fine, except for the boring grind of doing roadside emergencies... it helped with the PG token situation. However, PG might be needed for a lot of other modding reasons... we'll have to see just how much roadside grinding will be necessary.

Given they are adding different types of mods, and there is no system (yet available in the 2 beta weekends) for breaking down mods... I'm recommending two solutions: 1) either by allowing us to improve the rating of our preferred mods by breaking down useless mods, or 2) breaking them down into a mod token that can be spent (in various amounts) at a vendor to purchase the exact rarity, type and rating we need for the empty mod slots in our guns. If either of those, or some hybrid mod system is created making it possible to avoid having to hoard mods... then we will need LOTS of inventory capacity still.

Granted, we won't need to store mods specifically of every single different synergy we thought beneficial, or desirable in the future on our mule accounts. That's fine, since having mules won't work in 2050 either.

We are still going to need a LOT of inventory on our main unless this is dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    2050's going to need, more inventory capacity than the dev's on the livestreams imply we will need.

We still need to hoard mods. At the start of beta, and launch, you'll have guns and never the mods to fit in the ones you wish to use. Later, that will change, you won't have the guns dropping worth bothering modding and mods end up dominating your inventory while you pray to the RNG gods for something worth putting a mod into.

Using guns for mod storage will drain your Purified Gulanite (current name) token stash since they are used to pull mods. Maybe later, PG will be plentiful and that's not a problem, but they were tied to side quest completion (a finite number of those once and never again) or roadside emergencies, which they introduced in the 2nd beta weekend. That was fine, except for the boring grind of doing roadside emergencies... it helped with the PG token situation. However, PG might be needed for a lot of other modding reasons... we'll have to see just how much roadside grinding will be necessary.

Given they are adding different types of mods, and there is no system (yet available in the 2 beta weekends) for breaking down mods... I'm recommending two solutions: 1) either by allowing us to improve the rating of our preferred mods by breaking down useless mods, or 2) breaking them down into a mod token that can be spent (in various amounts) at a vendor to purchase the exact rarity, type and rating we need for the empty mod slots in our guns. If either of those, or some hybrid mod system is created making it possible to avoid having to hoard mods... then we will need LOTS of inventory capacity still.

Granted, we won't need to store mods specifically of every single different synergy we thought beneficial, or desirable in the future on our mule accounts. That's fine, since having mules won't work in 2050 either.

We are still going to need a LOT of inventory on our main unless this is dealt with.
    Well the dev's have said repeatedly if you need more you can always buy more... And if its anything like D13 you'll be leveling so fast it's a waste to mod the guns. But from what I understand you can always recycle mods.

I think they should just transfer whatever inventory space we have from D13. Then if we need more we can buy more.

PC-EU
    In Game - elastikspastik
    EGO - 6000
    http://www.youtube.com/user/elastikspastik

Quote Originally Posted by Elastik Spastik View Post
    I think they should just transfer whatever inventory space we have from D13. Then if we need more we can buy more.
    I agree , if not all our inventory slots , than at least a percentage to a max . I don’t think anyone that spent money , did pursuits etc to earn/gain inv slots should start off with the same amount of a brand new player ... there needs to be a little more for loyalty imo
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Elastik Spastik View Post
    Yes. I have 430 inventory slots, and its not enough, it's always full

psn eyeamabeazt
    Ps3 IGN Beezst
    Ps4 IGN

Defiance Terminators

Defiance 2050 Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/620335361631550/

Also in the beta the 100 inventory slots was not enough. I had it full, and didn't have 1 decent weapon

psn eyeamabeazt
    Ps3 IGN Beezst
    Ps4 IGN

Defiance Terminators

Defiance 2050 Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/620335361631550/

With no trade we will have to hoard like crazy just in case we need something down the road

Inventory slots will be much more necessary than they let on..

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin9572 View Post
    Well the dev's have said repeatedly if you need more you can always buy more... And if its anything like D13 you'll be leveling so fast it's a waste to mod the guns. But from what I understand you can always recycle mods.
    Recycle? How? Beta had no way to 'recycle' a mod. It was only sell to vendor. If you mean put em in a weapon and reuse them in another... that's fine for leveling up, but we are going to need end game mods. I'm not going to be ripping my mods out of guns I like, to drop into other gun's I'll equally want to keep. Do you want to rely on RNG for mod drops for all the 'end' game guns you get? The RNG for the guns themselves is going to be painstaking already.

I'd like to REALLY be able to 'recycle' a mod by breaking down the crappy green/blue mods into 'parts', a token, mod salvage, whatever... and then either use that to improve my keeper mods, or outright buy from a vendor or craft the exact mod I'm needing NOW for X, Y and Z guns I just got. Not wait 2 weeks grinding, checking EVERY mod just in the hopes I'll fill one missing slot.

---------------

That brings up another reason we need a large inventory capacity I just remembered. We HAVE to pick up EVERYTHING that drops. On the way up to 4000 power rating, we'll HAVE to to check if anything improves on the rating of what we are using currently. Weapons to break them down for salvage. Mods, to check the rating And if it's the right type. In beta all you see is Green/Blue/Purple mod. You'll need capacity to pick everything up on the run, and check em all at the end of the expo, or a series of 3 to 4 arkfalls and sieges if you have a lot up in the zone to clear.

I went a bit nuts in Defiance. I've 6 accounts, 18 alts, and a total of 3000 total inventory. I've been playing a while. Most of that's excess guns and mods from nearly all the synergies starting with the plate slicer mods that dropped from the original event. If we no longer have mods specifically for one event synergy, that's an improvement. That need was created when they started bringing out synergies that only existed for one month. Then the second year of events when they created an entirely new synergy, then synergies every single month... that system got out of hand. Hoarding those helped players. Often clanmates would trade for guns in old synergies and want to improve them. Find your friendly neighborhood Ark Hoarder. I was thankful when the Exchange came out. It meant I'd no longer have to hoard those mods, since I could dump them into the Exchange, and anyone anytime could find what they were after there. But No. Drastically limited sales slots. Rift's superior auction house put that to shame. I was hoping for something similar, but the Exchange ended up not helping players match guns and mods in synergy as well as we needed it to.

We won't be able to help each other out anymore. I'm THANKFUL we won't need to hoard mods in every synergy. But we'll have to hoard things since we'll have to be self sufficient and planning ahead to have choice mods set aside for when the Prototypes we are waiting for come out. I'd love to be able to bank (not in my main inventory) generic mod salvage that I can go to a vendor, pay 50, 100, whatever tokens and get that exact purple mod set I'm after.

Thay do need another system to dismantle or recycle it.Mods have power rate like the rest of equipment. i would probably level fast enough not even use the low level mods.I pump my salvage to level up but cores and mods will be used near the end of leveling,when our power rate slows down.

@Kylarran when I said recycle I just meant being able to take mods off guns and reuse them. I also believe we will level up so fast (like D13) that it will be a waste of time and resources to mod most weapons. Also with everything having a power level that it will be pointless to mod everything. I'm wondering if they meant to have a simpler system but got carried away with things and made it more difficult than it need to be, hence not needing alot of inventory slots.