+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    2050's going to need, more inventory capacity than the dev's on the livestreams imply we will need.
    baby needs space for his mods...

PC/NA
    IGN: -ratpie

CRKT Crawford/Kasper

Quote Originally Posted by ratpie View Post
    baby needs space for his mods...

Hell Ya! Now That's some modding.

I'd hate to meet the 5 eyed alien that's modded our human tech so it can simoultaneously aim all five of it's 5-burst heat seeking bullets.

Fun aside, by the end of 2050 2nd weekend I'd only modded 3 guns (partially) because even though I ended up keeping 70 mods at the end of that last sunday (I had to ditch a lot of greens during those 6 days, retaining a few useful greens, mostly blues and some solid purple mods) my 3 guns STILL had empty mod slots, even with over 120 mods dropping in 6 days, I still couldn't get the missing mods they needed to drop... for 3 GD guns.

I'd spent the entire 2nd weekend waiting for a better (higher rated weapon than what I'd already crafted) and ended up never getting one to drop... so all those mods I'd been saving in anticipation, for whatever gun type it was... stayed in inventory.

They NEED to implement some kind of mod salvage/mod enhancement/mod purchase system, similar but SIMPLER than what they created for enhancing guns. Otherwise it's going to be the Defiance Inventory Management Game all over again. Yes! You too can play it again and again every 15 min. /eyeroll

2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

They need to reintroduce the broker system they tried in old defi, into the game but make it only for mods.
    Haphae-lad lodash vo Maladin!

"Worry more about your character than your reputation. Character is what you are, reputation merely what others think you are." -- John Wooden

PC EU: Stormraven Warwind
    Clan: Red Thugs

Defiance only needs one class "Arkhunter"

Quote Originally Posted by ttoomm View Post
    Thay do need another system to dismantle or recycle it.Mods have power rate like the rest of equipment. i would probably level fast enough not even use the low level mods.I pump my salvage to level up but cores and mods will be used near the end of leveling,when our power rate slows down.
    It would be useful to have a bank of mod salvage/tokens saved up to invest end game. Frankly I think it would be a bit of fun, having the choice of boosting the rating of lower level purple mods to carry forward into end game, turning one good drop into a moveable mod I could use in a succession of useful guns on the way up to 4000. Or have the ability to have that bank of mod salvage/tokens be able to buy the exact mods I'm after to fill out the 9-10 star gold guns I've been fortunate to get to drop. I don't want to wait a month or two for RNG to drop the missing mod, or have to hoard hundreds of mods (once again) to fill out a new gun or prototype I paid for. Or be forced to scrap a solid gun to rip out it's mods for my newest prototype.

2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance

I was lead to believe that mods and scraps wouldn't take up inventory slots and we wouldn't need huge inventories like now

How wrong could i have been. My inventory in beta was full within a couple of hours. And to make it worse i wasn't sure what I could get rid of. So I just thought sod this and logged off. I was bored of it anyway
    Antony Harrist - PC NA

2050's going to need, more inventory capacity than the dev's on the livestreams imply we will need.

We still need to hoard mods. At the start of beta, and launch, you'll have guns and never the mods to fit in the ones you wish to use. Later, that will change, you won't have the guns dropping worth bothering modding and mods end up dominating your inventory while you pray to the RNG gods for something worth putting a mod into.
    simple solution move mods to a storage player....... oh wait they removed trade, just throw keyboard across room with anger. Maybe trade will come later??

Given they are adding different types of mods, and there is no system (yet available in the 2 beta weekends) for breaking down mods... I'm recommending two solutions: 1) either by allowing us to improve the rating of our preferred mods by breaking down useless mods,
    But then we will (following the salvage trend) have 20 different types of mod salvage and 20 different grades of each one.

Granted, we won't need to store mods specifically of every single different synergy we thought beneficial, or desirable in the future on our mule accounts. That's fine, since having mules won't work in 2050 either.

We are still going to need a LOT of inventory on our main unless this is dealt with.
    but everything will be ok synergies are replace by classes. Are they going to sell loadout slots in packs of 50? Or keep a limit of 5 and make more keyboards go flying? Things change and time will tell. In the mean time I am investing money in company stocks that sell gaming keyboards.
    disconnect parody https://youtu.be/J_o1Kq2v9FA
    defiance pax parody https://youtu.be/wpIwZeuJZAU
    professor chaos69
    founder chaos crew pc/na
    http://www.chaosclan.xyz/
    all players welcome
    200 active members daily and growing
    5-25 in clan team speak at any time
    forums without trion censorship
    http://www.chaosclan.xyz/forums.html

HEHE... cute Professor, cute. But hands OFF my G15, it's been good to me.

Do you have a large cardboard box at the bottom of a closet filled with keyboards? Similar to how Sammy89 has a box of headsets with duct tape?

----------

Seriously tho, I only want 1 mod salvage type... not 20-50. So breaking down a green grants 1 mod salvage, blue 2, purple 4, orange 8... for instance. Then we pay 50 - 75 mod salvage for a single purple mod of our choosing, again for example, from a vendor.

AND/OR, break down any given mod to bump up the rating of any mod we wish to boost up. That way low level purple mods can be maintained at our rating and be kept USEFUL as we level up. We could pay 20 mod salvage tokens to bump up any mod rating by 100, for instance.

HEHE... cute Professor, cute. But hands OFF my G15, it's been good to me.

Do you have a large cardboard box at the bottom of a closet filled with keyboards? Similar to how Sammy89 has a box of headsets with duct tape?
    From what I see so far from 2050 I might soon have a full box of half broken ones, playing with 2 half broken keyboards could be interesting.
    disconnect parody https://youtu.be/J_o1Kq2v9FA
    defiance pax parody https://youtu.be/wpIwZeuJZAU
    professor chaos69
    founder chaos crew pc/na
    http://www.chaosclan.xyz/
    all players welcome
    200 active members daily and growing
    5-25 in clan team speak at any time
    forums without trion censorship
    http://www.chaosclan.xyz/forums.html

You really don't need that many mods, because you can take the mods off one weapon and put them on another without scrapping the weapon. That is their logic.

psn eyeamabeazt
    Ps3 IGN Beezst
    Ps4 IGN Jocco

Ps3 Defiance Terminators
    Ps4 Devils Rejects

Defiance 2050 Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/620335361631550/

Quote Originally Posted by JOCCO5150 View Post
    You really don't need that many mods, because you can take the mods off one weapon and put them on another without scrapping the weapon. That is their logic.
    Yes, except are you going to use that original weapon without mods? What if the gun's got a useful style you love, in a nano you love, but you can't for the life of you get the mods you need for your new Prototype other than grinding RNG drops for the next 2 months.

There's no trading. In 2 weekends of beta, I chose only 2 orange guns (smg and lmg) and one green (sniper) to upgrade in ranks and unlock the mods for, and with 150 green to purple mods dropping I wasn't even close to being able to fully mod those 3. The best I was able to do was 3/5 on one of the 3, and settled on what I slotted into them, not the mod types I would have preferred to put into them. Relying on RNG to provide the missing mods didn't happen to improve on those guns in the final 4 days I played after getting them all on PC/NA day 1.

Good luck filling out the mods on ALL your future guns if you think you don't need to save mods, without some system to be able to buy them, outright from a vendor.