+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Defiance 2050 Cross platform ?

Hello will it be crossplatformed between Xbox One and PC players ?

no.

ohh reply has to be 10 characters... there you go

Don't know how true it is, but was told on the weekend that it will be cross platform between PC and PS4.

Defiance is/won't be cross platform currently (could change in the future)

Don't think it will happen but it would be nice as I have friends some who will be on the PS4 and some on the PC and I would currently need to run on both servers if I want to play along side them

Quote Originally Posted by nugar View Post
    Don't know how true it is, but was told on the weekend that it will be cross platform between PC and PS4.
    Source?

/10characters
    PS4 NA - Pine Tarr - Castithan - <Shanje Liro> - EGO: 50
    Assault: 25 - Demolitionist: 25

All 3 platforms should cross over, that would be fun. Though not sure about PVP. Mouse/keyboard vs joypad. Not that I really do PVP. Think in 5 years I have played it maybe.....10ish times. Never been interested in PVP in Defiance so cross over PVE would be awesome.
    In Game - Elastikspastik
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Red Thugs
    http://www.youtube.com/user/elastikspastik

Quote Originally Posted by Elastik Spastik View Post
    All 3 platforms should cross over, that would be fun. Though not sure about PVP. Mouse/keyboard vs joypad. Not that I really do PVP. Think in 5 years I have played it maybe.....10ish times. Never been interested in PVP in Defiance so cross over PVE would be awesome.
    It sounds like fun until you consider how toxic the platform religious wars are. It wouldn't take long before zone chat would become overrun with platform zealots and people would be getting kicked from co-ops. Also the issues with PC vs console isn't just limited to PvP but pretty much anything that involves scoring as well. Not to mention that if trading is added later then console players would become 2nd class citizens since PC players can AFK multiple accounts at the same time which enables them to accrue resources faster. IMO, the ability for a limited number of people to be able to play with friends on other platforms just doesn't outweigh the negatives.

Austin, PC NA i7-4810MQ @2.8Ghz, 16GB, 1TB SSD, Win10 Home, GTX870M/6GB, 4K mon
    I often hear the KB+M vs gamepad argument given as a reason but I don't know if that's really the main issue. The inclusion of gamepad support is common in PC games now, including MMOs. When it's not present it's a commonly requested feature.

I started MMO gaming on a console so to me using a gamepad feels like gaming. I write computer programs as my job so using a KB+M feels like work. I'm not a super player but I do ok and sometimes on arcfalls, incursions, coops, etc. place at or near the top. I can't really say how it affects PVP since I suck at PVP no matter what the interface.

But I don't know if there are other issues for the programmers but there are plenty of games that do support cross-platform: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...-platform_play

It is possible to build a PC that will absolutely outperform any console. But it will also outperform most of the PCs people use for gaming. I think the bottom line is that if you really need to be at the very top and to get every last pico-second of performance you will play on a super high-end PC with a heavily customized gaming mouse & KB setup. The rest of us who are just there for a little fun will make do with our gaming rigs whatever they are.
    -- Tess
    Everything's cooler in the 4th dimension.

There wont be crossplay for one simple reason, SONY does not allow it.

The only game that had a temporary crossplay was Fortnite, and it was a mistake according to the Fortnite producers.
    It`s possible but Sony will not let that happen in any game on their console unless they have total control.