+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post
    There wont be crossplay for one simple reason, SONY does not allow it.

The only game that had a temporary crossplay was Fortnite, and it was a mistake according to the Fortnite producers.
    It`s possible but Sony will not let that happen in any game on their console unless they have total control.
    Actually, if memory serves, Sony made cross platform play happen for DC Universe Online...

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    Actually, if memory serves, Sony made cross platform play happen for DC Universe Online...
    You missed my point.
    They had crossplay between a few games, one of those was DCUO that is a SONY game.
    Dusk and Eve online had crossplay, but it was a limited crossplay betweenPC and PS3.

They just don´t want to mix their players with Xbox players.

It´s a war between them and MS. I remember years ago Sony suggesting crossplay between Playstation and Xbox, Microsoft said no.
    Microsoft has been suggesting crosplay last few years, now is Sony saying no.
    When Sony made the pruposal years ago, MS refused because they were in a good place during X360/PS3 war, when PS4 came out and clearly gain an advantage over X1 it was the turn of MS to make the same pruposal Sony had made them years before.
    Sony currently feels no need to shake hands with MS on this matter because they have an advantage over Xbox sales wise.

That is why i said that they will only crossplay on their own terms.

Austin, PC NA i7-4810MQ @2.8Ghz, 16GB, 1TB SSD, Win10 Home, GTX870M/6GB, 4K mon
    You missed my point.
    They had crossplay between a few games, one of those was DCUO that is a SONY game.
    Dusk and Eve online had crossplay, but it was a limited crossplay betweenPC and PS3.

They just don´t want to mix their players with Xbox players.

It´s a war between them and MS. I remember years ago Sony suggesting crossplay between Playstation and Xbox, Microsoft said no.
    Microsoft has been suggesting crosplay last few years, now is Sony saying no.
    When Sony made the pruposal years ago, MS refused because they were in a good place during X360/PS3 war, when PS4 came out and clearly gain an advantage over X1 it was the turn of MS to make the same pruposal Sony had made them years before.
    Sony currently feels no need to shake hands with MS on this matter because they have an advantage over Xbox sales wise.

That is why i said that they will only crossplay on their own terms.
    That makes more sense than the other "reasons" I see. But it also points to an opportunity. If enough PS4 owners ask for cross platform play it may have an impact on Sony. They haven't been good about listening to their users in the past but with the launch of PS4 they acknowledged that was a mistake and they pledged to pay more attention to users' wants. I don't know if that will translate into action but PS4 owners should let Sony know that's what they want.
    -- Tess
    Everything's cooler in the 4th dimension.

There wont be crossplay for one simple reason, SONY does not allow it.

The only game that had a temporary crossplay was Fortnite, and it was a mistake according to the Fortnite producers.
    It`s possible but Sony will not let that happen in any game on their console unless they have total control.
    PSN has about 100 cross-platform games and Fortnite officially supports cross-platform play. It wasn't temporary, I play on PC and I play with friends on PS4 regularly. PSN only has a problem with Xbox cross-platform play. I would love for this game to have cross platform play even if it's only for PvE content only.

You'd have to have the ability to turn off chat and text between the platforms because it will be one big hate fest for awhile. If you thought the screaming kids on COD were bad, that be pale in comparison...lol

Quote Originally Posted by twitch reflex View Post
    PSN has about 100 cross-platform games and Fortnite officially supports cross-platform play. It wasn't temporary, I play on PC and I play with friends on PS4 regularly. PSN only has a problem with Xbox cross-platform play. I would love for this game to have cross platform play even if it's only for PvE content only.
    Fortnite is still doing cross platforms as i play with my cousin with him on pc servers.I think defiance 2050 needs the players first to even think of a cross platform,it could lead to one platform being dead because of the lack of players.Fortnite can do this because of the huge player bace

True, but hey...

That´s basically what i said, Sony don´t want crossplay with Xbox.
    And yes, crossplay between PS4 and Xbox players on Fortnite was temporary and forced to stop by Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin9572 View Post
    You'd have to have the ability to turn off chat and text between the platforms because it will be one big hate fest for awhile. If you thought the screaming kids on COD were bad, that be pale in comparison...lol
    And this is one of the arguments that Sony uses to not allow crossplay.

I don't see that as a priority. The Priority having something to play which D2050 so far hasn't got!
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoy303 View Post
    We also want honesty and transparency. Don't say one thing and then do another. And silence is worst of all. Don't say our voices matter and just completely ignore us.
    Quote Originally Posted by defiancegame View Post
    How hard will it be to bring the HUNT back? Remove nerfs and let us enjoy it before it's gone!
    ``Some people can't leave things be, they have to ruin it for everyone else!``