+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

Valor Program: New Rewards Announced

Defiance 2050 - Valor Rewards Overview

Ark Hunters, it’s time to talk Valor! Get rewards in the free-to-play action shooter Defiance 2050 by completing Pursuits and making purchases in Defiance. Before Defiance 2050 launches this summer, we will announce a Valor cutoff date and after the cutoff your purchases and Pursuit score will be converted into Valor Commendations in Defiance 2050. With Valor Commendations, players can unlock some returning items from Defiance (Ex:Red VBI Infiltrator outfit) and new Valor rewards listed below.

New Valor Rewards:
    • 8 New Outfits With Headgear
    • 6 Vehicles (each with 2 special tints)
    • Inventory Slots
    • Loadout Slots
    • Boosts
      • XP
      • Scrip
      • Rep
      • Weapon XP
    • Titles (including both new and returning titles from Defiance)
      • "The Returned"
      • "Valorous"
      • "By Rarnok's Beard"
      • "Reloaded"
      • "Dauntless"
      • "Valiant"

DLC, Titles, and Account-based Transfers

Defiance 2050 is focused on building new core systems and being accessible to more players. Previous DLC content from Defiance will be free to all players in Defiance 2050. For Defiance players who have previously earned unique titles, such as “Old School” and “Daredevil”, they will be able to transfer those titles over to Defiance 2050 along with several others that will be announced in the future. Account based upgrades, such as character or loadout slots, will be transferable as well.
    Scott "Mobi" Jasper
    Community Manager

valor

Hi all

Does the valor cross over from defiance to defiance 2050 automatically on going live?
    or do we need to register for it to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by TrionMobi View Post
    For Defiance players who have previously earned unique titles, such as “Old School” and “Daredevil”, they will be able to transfer those titles over to Defiance 2050 along with several others that will be announced in the future.
    Fingers crossed that "Insomniac" makes its way on that list... seeing as how it was an Extra Life reward, and all.
    PS4 NA - Pine Tarr - Castithan - <Shanje Liro> - EGO: 50

Quote Originally Posted by Seffo View Post
    Hi all

Does the valor cross over from defiance to defiance 2050 automatically on going live?
    or do we need to register for it to happen?
    This was the response I got in a PM when I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephkial
    As it stands now, the plan is that the first platform/region logged into, at launch of 2050, will receive the Valor Commendations tied to the account. We will have more information on Valor, closer to launch.

Quote Originally Posted by torch327 View Post
    This was the response I got in a PM when I asked.
    Here's my problem: I want to send Valor from my current PSN account on the PS3 to a DIFFERENT PSN account on the PS4.

Since Dev's already said sending Valor from PS3 to XBoxOne would be possible, I'm hoping the above scenario is possible, too. But I need to be sure, because I'm going to buy the Ultimate Founder's Pack on that different account on the PS4.

I'm hoping that whatever does transfer really goes from my (linked) Xbox account to my (linked) PSN account without much of a hassle.
    PS4 NA - Pine Tarr - Castithan - <Shanje Liro> - EGO: 50

Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post
    Here's my problem: I want to send Valor from my current PSN account on the PS3 to a DIFFERENT PSN account on the PS4.

Since Dev's already said sending Valor from PS3 to XBoxOne would be possible, I'm hoping the above scenario is possible, too. But I need to be sure, because I'm going to buy the Ultimate Founder's Pack on that different account on the PS4.
    You might be able to test this now. I've no console, so I've never had to link my accounts. So. Can you link both your PS3 and PS4 into Trion's system, including noting they are different account names? If not, you might have to submit a ticket... might as well be now, since what you are trying to do likely won't happen from their automated transfer... someone's going to have to manually fix this, or prepare it for you in advance. The sooner it's in someone's hand who's working on the Valor commendations... I'd hope the more likely it'll be ready for your head start.

Good Luck.

2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    You might be able to test this now. I've no console, so I've never had to link my accounts. So. Can you link both your PS3 and PS4 into Trion's system, including noting they are different account names? If not, you might have to submit a ticket... might as well be now, since what you are trying to do likely won't happen from their automated transfer... someone's going to have to manually fix this, or prepare it for you in advance. The sooner it's in someone's hand who's working on the Valor commendations... I'd hope the more likely it'll be ready for your head start.

Good Luck.
    Glyph's site only allows one console account per platform. Meaning, today, you can link both an XBox and a PS3 account to your Trion account, and that's it.

You can't choose where Valor will be tallied from, as much as it will be the highest linked account on Glyph's site. That part is automatic and the consolidation has already begun for that, as Zephkial wrote in another post. That's why Trion warned us that we should have had our OLDefiance accounts linked *before* Valor cutoff date.

But, as I've said, Devs already said you will be able to choose the account where Valor is sent *to*. There's no provision for that information as it is now. They haven't said any word about how this process will actually work from our side. Judging by everything they said so far, we will probably have to access a specific website for Valor granting, at least, to submit the new account converted Valor will be sent to (it could even be Glyph's own site). Therein lies my hope and my question.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    I'm hoping that whatever does transfer really goes from my (linked) Xbox account to my (linked) PSN account without much of a hassle.
    That's impossible, without our input. Since Trion has been saying, from start, that Valor can be sent to any platform *you choose*, they can't make that decision for us without first fully disclosing what method will be used to transfer Valor, and without us having a very clear way to inform where Valor will be sent to. The fact we have 2 consoles linked in our account doesn't automatically mean the highest account will grant Valor to the other. Taking the example above, what If you had input this information years ago (I have) and now you decided to stay on the XBox - but got your Valor transferred to PS4 anyway?

Legally speaking, as well, the Valor program is a kind of a contract, thus, requiring legal binding. Meaning we would have to accept conditions, rates, etc... What I hope for is that this process will be as simple as linking another account in a specific webpage. Or choosing it from 2050's interface (less likely, they even removed the option to open a support ticket drirectly from consoles's menus)

Quote Originally Posted by torch327 View Post
    Originally Posted by Zephkial

As it stands now, the plan is that the first platform/region logged into, at launch of 2050, will receive the Valor Commendations tied to the account. We will have more information on Valor, closer to launch.
    Zephkial, this would not work in many, many cases, and it would create a nightmare for support. First, you said that Valor could be moved from PS3 to XBox One, for example. But you never instructed in any official Valor post that people should link *both* accounts prior to launching Defiance 2050 for the first time. Can you perceive how many people will simply log in to Defiance 2050 as soon as it launches, without checking for this?

I also have a different account on my PS4, than the one I use in the PS3, and here's why: when the PS3/PSN was launched, the PS Store existed only in the US, so I had to create my account there (blu-san). I started OLDefiance with this account and I have it until today, in the US PS Store. But when the Brazilian PS Store launched, I created an account there, to be able to purchase items in my local currency, in my native language, etc... the PS4 came after that, and that's the account I use there.

So, when you guys said we could move Valor from our old accounts to any platform we'd like, which is essentially moving Valor between 2 different accounts, it would stand to reason I could move Valor from my old PS3 account to my new PS4 account. They *are* different platforms, after all. Nothing in the Valor posts said I would *have* to have the same account on both PS3 and PS4 in order for Valor to be linked. If I'm wrong, please, point me to it, because I just re-read the entire Valor FAQ, and nothing there goes against what I'm saying.

If you tie Valor crediting to Defiance's 2050 first run on my console, that means I will lose all of my Valor, because it doesn't make sense to me, anymore, to continue to use an US account just for Defiance. I do it on PS3 because that's where everything started, but since you're actually an international company, with thousands of users across the globe, I hope you can empathize with my situation. Also, I must stress, you never actually said we needed to have *both* our accounts (new and old) linked. Glyph's site doesn't even allow me to link 2 PlayStation accounts at the same time, and I did not play the beta, where this was seemingly done automatically for people, should I be penalized for it?

God, sorry for posting these long texts, but Defiance (old and new) is driving me nuts these past weeks.