+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephkial View Post
    Hey guys. We are getting off topic here. Lets keep the discussion in this thread revolving around Classes.
    Hi! Just finished watching the past broadcast and Phrost answered this question (I think) but didn't touch on what I really want to know.

I realize each loadout can have a skill tree specced to a different class. I want to know: can different loadouts contain different specs of the SAME class?

I know I've asked about this quite a bit, but I think it strikes me as one of the most important things to have, especially for people who largely enjoy one class over another. If any 'new' feature manages to make it in before launch that was missing in the beta, please let it be to allow me to have, for example, two differently specced Assault classes.

This was something in OG Defiance that was important to me: being able to spec for different situations but use the same EGO power differently. (For example: I have an Overcharge loadout for Warmaster, but also a Overcharge loadout for general Arkfalls, etc). Now that we've moved away from the EGO grid to a more streamlined tree with less options, I think it's more important than ever for us to be able to spec different within our class, on the fly, without needing to refund all of our points.
    Trion Creator
    YouTube: LucentBeam // Twitch: Lucent_Beam // Twitter: lucentbeam
    Defiance: GT: Lucent Beam / IGN: Lux Anyar: 6000 [NA 360]
    Defiance 2050: PSN: LucentBeam [NA PS4]

Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post
    Yeah, i´m also worried about this because it´s my main ability and we have seen nothing about it so far...
    Sorry to double post: but isn't Assault class the one with new-Overcharge? It's main ability was Sprint, but one of the two abilities at the bottom of the tree was an overcharge-like power up, with a pretty reasonably fast recharge. Same animation and everything.
    Trion Creator
    YouTube: LucentBeam // Twitch: Lucent_Beam // Twitter: lucentbeam
    Defiance: GT: Lucent Beam / IGN: Lux Anyar: 6000 [NA 360]
    Defiance 2050: PSN: LucentBeam [NA PS4]

Quote Originally Posted by Lucent View Post
    Sorry to double post: but isn't Assault class the one with new-Overcharge? It's main ability was Sprint, but one of the two abilities at the bottom of the tree was an overcharge-like power up, with a pretty reasonably fast recharge. Same animation and everything.
    Yup , i also just finished watching the video cause i fell asleep before the stream started off. LOL
    It looks like that the "overcharge" only works on CQC and i liked it because we have to adapt to new play styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucent View Post
    Hi! Just finished watching the past broadcast and Phrost answered this question (I think) but didn't touch on what I really want to know.

I realize each loadout can have a skill tree specced to a different class. I want to know: can different loadouts contain different specs of the SAME class?

I know I've asked about this quite a bit, but I think it strikes me as one of the most important things to have, especially for people who largely enjoy one class over another. If any 'new' feature manages to make it in before launch that was missing in the beta, please let it be to allow me to have, for example, two differently specced Assault classes.

This was something in OG Defiance that was important to me: being able to spec for different situations but use the same EGO power differently. (For example: I have an Overcharge loadout for Warmaster, but also a Overcharge loadout for general Arkfalls, etc). Now that we've moved away from the EGO grid to a more streamlined tree with less options, I think it's more important than ever for us to be able to spec different within our class, on the fly, without needing to refund all of our points.
    This will be especially important when you consider PvP: if we can't make multiple builds of the same class, we'll have to sacrifice our PvE builds everytime we play PvP.
    It had to be done...
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post
    Yup , i also just finished watching the video cause i fell asleep before the stream started off. LOL
    It looks like that the "overcharge" only works on CQC and i liked it because we have to adapt to new play styles.
    From what I understood about the video, it's not really overcharge, even though the effect looks the same, since it can only be used at close range.

Can you imagine tapping a Warmaster at close range? Also, unless said otherwise, this power means using a detonator or rocket launcher + "overcharge" will be virtually impossible without committing suicide.

But I may be wrong.
    PS3 NA
    PSN: blu-san
    Defiance: SanCarioca, DevilSan, CastiSan, San Tarr, Digital San
    Clan: Defiance Terminators
    EGO: 6000

Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post
    From what I understood about the video, it's not really overcharge, even though the effect looks the same, since it can only be used at close range.

Can you imagine tapping a Warmaster at close range? Also, unless said otherwise, this power means using a detonator or rocket launcher + "overcharge" will be virtually impossible without committing suicide.

But I may be wrong.
    The range was about 20m in the Beta, way more than any explosive AoE.
    Rocket Launchers worked fine with Close Combat.
    It had to be done...
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Zephkial View Post
    Hey guys. We are getting off topic here. Lets keep the discussion in this thread revolving around Classes.
    I would have loved to talk about all the classes but being only able to play the Assault Class during the beta the discussion would be limited. All the classes seem interesting enough, each with their own roles and play styles but with what little was shown and told about the other classes during the livestreams it would only lead to speculation. If you would have made an in depth thread breaking down and detailing each classes skill tree etc. it would have made for a much more focused conversation.

....Now to reply to my little buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by stoodakiss View Post
    don't you think its kind of ignorant to assume trion is making a game catered to deadbeats because their other games have made them so much money?
    "Trion making a game catered to deadbeats"...lmao. What I find ignorant is that you believe I made that assumption.

trion just doesn't want to admit they didn't come up with the idea first because it's so good.
    Someones Narcissistic.

Reality can be overwhelming for those with an overinflated ego so keep telling yourself that If that makes you feel better.

only thirsty people like you agree with tau.

its bad practice to go to a place of business with the intention of not showing patronage.
    Yes, that is true, look what happened at the Starbucks in Philly a few months ago...but when a business offers their services in a F2P model, that is to be expected...but even still, there will be other microtransactions one will be able to make throughout 2050's lifetime to show their patronage than the purchasing of a Founders Pack.

it is also sad and funny how you said "end of conversation" on the last thread and felt like you had to bring it over here after the thread was locked and I didn't respond because I couldn't.
    Dont get tilted.
    I was waiting with bated breath to hear your reply so i had to bring it here.

we should get together and play sometime so we can make a youtube video.
    Awww...how sweet. A play date.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub