+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xSTMELVINx25 View Post
    I'm just curious...Will leftover bits transfer over to defiance 2050?
    Devs said no to that on one livestream

Quote Originally Posted by JOCCO5150 View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude, but if you've been playing since before it was free to play you should have plenty of valor. I had to start completely over, and I got my pursuit rating to 1900 in a year. I should break 2000 with some turret kills, and vehicles destroyed in sw.
    No offense taken. But, you don't appear to be taking into account other factors such as playing across multiple characters, not being able to complete all pursuits if one doesn't care to do driving or other such challenges, side events that require large groups to complete, PVP, etc., not to mention simply splitting time between multiple games not just playing Defiance exclusively.

In any case, the points that many of us have been trying to get across is that if Defiance is not being shut down with the release of Defiance 2050, then there should not need to be a cutoff for earning Valor, Valor should be based on all characters not just one, and "purchases" should include ALL purchases - including the game itself for those who actually bought it.

This ended up being a very, VERY long post. I apologize for that in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiera View Post
    No offense taken. But, you don't appear to be taking into account other factors such as playing across multiple characters, not being able to complete all pursuits if one doesn't care to do driving or other such challenges, side events that require large groups to complete, PVP, etc., not to mention simply splitting time between multiple games not just playing Defiance exclusively.
    I understand that, but then, you'd have to dispute the entire Valor criteria. Like, why there IS a valor program, to begin with?

Trion owns the game, not us. From that premise forward, they are the gods of the world they created in OLDefiance. We are the ones who chose to play in it. When they decided to create another world -- Defiance 2050 --, they also decided the inhabitants of OLDefiance would not get moved there. Granted, this was against every expectation all of us once had about moving OLDefiance to current gen, and to be quite honest, I doubt anyone was sold on their justification that this happened because "2050 is a new system". But, to quote a very old Defiance saying, "it is what it is". The only choice we truly have is whether we accept the new "terms of service" or keep riding OLDefiance into the sunset.

That was a business decision, and one that has an inherent risk for Trion: what if we decide not no move to 2050? Who will loose more, us or them? In no way we are obligated to play Defiance 2050, nor need we leave OLDefiance, until it's not shut down (which will undoubtedly happen someday, but that's not the point now).

For that risk alone, I guess, the developers created the Valor Program. There would be no need to even stipulate a Valor program -- or a cut off date --, if all our history in OLDefiance would be moved to 2050. But you seem to support the Valor program, what you don't agree with is that we have a limited time to fulfill its requirements.

Back to square one: Trion owns the game. Their worlds, their rules. Of course you can disagree with them, and politely seek an alternative here in the forums -- that's what you are doing. But take into consideration that the Valor program was announced one month ago (I don't remember the exact date) in all of Trion's channels. And you bought the original game, so you had anywhere up to four years -- plus this one month since Defiance 2050 was announced - to complete pursuits. During all this time, it was your decision not to play the game for pursuits. And after the Valor announcement, really, you, again made the decision to not play the game feverishly for them. You will earn what you worked for. I never played the PvP pursuits, but I made an effort in this past month and got all of them completed. Other people simply did not care about working on their pursuits, they are happy with what they've got. I also understand that none of us could ever know pursuit ratings would be ever useful to anything -- but once we were warned about that, we had the choice to either do something about it or not.

In any case, the points that many of us have been trying to get across is that if Defiance is not being shut down with the release of Defiance 2050, then there should not need to be a cutoff for earning Valor
    About your central point, here's my speculation about why a valor cut off date even exists: the Valor tallying process will be a one time effort on Trion's part. It will be done once, and never spoken of again, except for the inevitable complaints that "my purchase/pursuit/etc was not accounted for" that will flood the forums for a few months after 2050 launches (and Trion will tell us to contact tech support). You've made an excellent point about other games keeping this kind of program forever, but Trion simply did not make that effort. I hope you get what you are looking for, but my main point here is this: once the Valor program was announced, there was some responsibilty on our part, also. To be connected to Trion's channels, to learn about it, to act on it or not. After all, they *did* gave us one month to run after our pursuits. Of course, no one would ever manage to obtain all pursuits in that month, but again... OLDefiance has been up for 4 years. Trion's inner logic seems to be that they needed a tracking method for rewarding us for our efforts. *I* think it would be more reasonable to reward us for our EGO level, not our pursuit ratings -- I bet no one would be complaining about this, since EGo 6k IS the ultimate goal of the game, pursuit ratings were never anything more than bragging rights -- actually not even good for that. I bet the majority of us only did pursuits for the costumes OR to reach 6k, before XP leveling made it easier.

Valor should be based on all characters not just one
    This is as arbitrary as Trion's own rule. Fact is, we don't know yet how Valor will actually impact our gaming life in 2050. It could happen that 1000 pursuit rating would grant us enough Valor to live our entire 2050 experience very comfortably. I get it that we're all expecting the worst regarding that, but I'm reserving my judgement for post-launch.

and "purchases" should include ALL purchases - including the game itself for those who actually bought it.
    About that, read what Zephkial just said about it in the last posts of this thread:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=1#post2100046

In any case, the points that many of us have been trying to get across is that if Defiance is not being shut down with the release of Defiance 2050, then there should not need to be a cutoff for earning Valor, Valor should be based on all characters not just one, and "purchases" should include ALL purchases - including the game itself for those who actually bought it.
    The valor program was created for the people currently playing not for new players .Also the program includes all purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by ttoomm View Post
    The valor program was created for the people currently playing not for new players .Also the program includes all purchases.
    I'm not sure where "new players" came into this... I certainly didn't say anything about that. But perhaps you're confusing my forums "join date" with when I started playing - which actually was pre-release if you count the original betas. As for the "the program includes all purchases" part of your statement - based on a Trion post made in another thread, that appears to still be in question for everyone who purchased the deluxe and collectors' editions of the game from GameStop or other "third-party vendors" prior to release....

Quik ?

Ok so besides trying to get as many pursuits done as i can, before the deadline, i my psn is linked to gliph, is there anything i else i must do to get my valor, or just wait for 2050 to release, download n play, collect valor. ? is there a release date for ps4, there seems to be conflicting info out there
    IGN - David Irwin * PSN - cruxkilla *

I just think it's a whole lot of work to basically restart playing Defiance all over again. do not get me wrong, i have played defiance since beta. but 2050 just looks like a reskinned version of the original. I would of liked to see a new storyline, content. new playable races & maps.
    Danzig256K
    MDK
    PC: NA

Really wish there wasn't a deadline. What happens if we can't play Defiance 2050 yet because we don't have a next gen console or pc? Thanks

Sorry, but this is how Valor should have been handled....

Even though it's been several years since Guild Wars 2 was released, and even though the original Guild Wars has pretty much only been in maintenance mode ever since, players can still continue to earn "Hall of Monuments" achievements in GW towards GW2 rewards:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...-games-50-off/
    Guild Wars 2>News>Steam Summer Sale—Classic Guild Wars Games 50% Off
    Dive into Tyria’s past during the Steam Summer Sale. All of the classic Guild Wars® content available on Steam is 50% off* from today through July 5!With the Guild Wars: Eye of the North® expansion, you can start earning points for your Hall of Monuments. Filling up points while you play Guild Wars will unlock exclusive rewards for your Guild Wars 2 account!

And unlike Defiance 2050, GW2 was truly a totally different game from the original. But even with 2050 only being a reset, I suspect I wouldn't be the only player willing to invest in the Ultimate Founders' Pack and alternate our time between the two versions if we at least knew that we were continuing to earn Valor while playing the original......

But even with 2050 only being a reset, I suspect I wouldn't be the only player willing to invest in the Ultimate Founders' Pack and alternate our time between the two versions if we at least knew that we were continuing to earn Valor while playing the original......
    I actually made a likewise suggestion in another thread: Valor ended, but nothing could really stop Trion from making new cross-game promotions after that, especially given the state of OLDefiance right now. They already did that for Trove, it would only be a matter to do a more long term goal.

We don't need to be restricted to the Valor program for Trion to continue to show appreciation to OLDefiance players -- like I've said before, and you just reinforced it, we could get invested into both games. At least until the lights come out on old gen.

Unless, of course, driving people away from OLDefiance IS Trion's meta goal. Then everything that is happening right now would make sense...