+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Something i just realized, paid accounts transfer to 2050?

I have a paid account with 4 character slots, i read that data transfer is not going to happen with 2050, but are we going to have 4 slots available for us instead of two?
    Main Characters NA Server: LAPDAlonzo / CelebrityGamer / L4DRochelle / Gunman Chronicles
    28 Characters Total.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionMobi View Post
    Play the classic Defiance, rack up that Pursuit score, and include purchases for special Valor rewards in Defiance 2050. The Valor cutoff is June 22, 2018 at 11:59pm Pacific Time, so head into Defiance now before it’s too late. Be sure to link your Trion Worlds account and connect to the platform you prefer so it gets converted into the Valor Commendations you’ve earned before Defiance 2050 launches.

Valor Commendations and Rewards
    The amount of Valor Commendations awarded from Pursuits will be based on the EGO rating of the Pursuit, and all your Defiance purchases will also be converted into Valor Commendations. Pursuits and purchases made after the cutoff point will no longer apply, and check out the Defiance 2050 Valor article and Valor FAQ for more information.

Valor Rewards:
    • 8 New Outfits With Headgear
    • 6 Vehicles (each with 2 special tints)
    • Inventory Slots
    • Loadout Slots
    • Boosts
      • XP
      • Scrip
      • Rep
      • Weapon XP
    • Titles (including both new and returning titles from Defiance)
      • "The Returned"
      • "Valorous"
      • "By Rarnok's Beard"
      • "Reloaded"
      • "Dauntless"
      • "Valiant"

DLC, Titles, and Account-based Transfers
    Defiance 2050 is a free to play, open world sci-fi shooter, set in a similar Defiance universe but with new core gameplay systems. Previous DLC content from Defiance will be free to all players in Defiance 2050. From Defiance, many titles (like “Old School” and “Daredevil”) and cosmetics from packs, editions, and bundles will be transferred into Defiance 2050. Account based upgrades, such as character or loadout slots, will be transferable as well.
    In theory they should, but Trion so...

There is no technical reason Trion couldn't copy your account over with all unlocked vehicles, skins, slots, etc etc.

There are monetary reasons why they aren't doing that. The idea is to draw you back in and have you pay twice for the same stuff.

Twice if you're lucky. Was that costume from a loot box? Well I hope you feel extra lucky because there's no guarantee its in the valor store, or even if you'll have enough valor to re-purchase everything you had before.

No tricks! No traps!

Quote Originally Posted by Malificarr View Post
    There is no technical reason Trion couldn't copy your account over with all unlocked vehicles, skins, slots, etc etc.

There are monetary reasons why they aren't doing that. The idea is to draw you back in and have you pay twice for the same stuff.

Twice if you're lucky. Was that costume from a loot box? Well I hope you feel extra lucky because there's no guarantee its in the valor store, or even if you'll have enough valor to re-purchase everything you had before.

No tricks! No traps!
    While yes they are doing it for a monetary gain, indeed. But it's also about all the time, money, and resources it would take to do all the transfers. Trion is a small company with limited employees. I'm sure they've crunched all the numbers like they always have

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin9572 View Post
    While yes they are doing it for a monetary gain, indeed. But it's also about all the time, money, and resources it would take to do all the transfers. Trion is a small company with limited employees. I'm sure they've crunched all the numbers like they always have
    Like i´ve been saying, if the game is fun and stable i´ll play it and i´ll spend money on it.
    At least until November,then i´ll only play Fallout 76 for a very long time. It will be the end of my social life...lol

Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post
    Like i´ve been saying, if the game is fun and stable i´ll play it and i´ll spend money on it.
    At least until November,then i´ll only play Fallout 76 for a very long time. It will be the end of my social life...lol
    Yeah I might be spending more time on D50 because I'm not impressed with Battlefield V

Like i´ve been saying, if the game is fun and stable i´ll play it and i´ll spend money on it. At least until November, then I'll only play Fallout 76 for a very long time. It will be the end of my social life...lol
    Funny, but I said the same thing to a few co-workers as we all watched the Fallout 76 E3 videos this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    Funny, but I said the same thing to a few co-workers as we all watched the Fallout 76 E3 videos this morning.
    I stayed up to watch the stream live and i was not disapointed at all.
    Game looks pretty good.
    But back on topic, i also hope that Defiance 2050 can deliver.

I stayed up to watch the stream live and i was not disapointed at all.
    Game looks pretty good.
    But back on topic, i also hope that Defiance 2050 can deliver.
    Me as well! I was happy to hear of the release date for Days Gone 2/22/19 , and now I'm waiting for news on Ghosts of Tsushima but thats looking to be later in 2019.

Question

So if I'm paying for the patron perks, will that also get me the patron perks in D2050 or would I need to pay ANOTHER monthly patron fee?

I'm not talking about all the stuff I've collected, just the ongoing perks that come from being a patron.

Because if they wanted to kill D13, requiring a separate fee for D2050 would do that. *I* sure as hellbug won't pay both.
    -- Tess
    Everything's cooler in the 4th dimension.