+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post
    So if I'm paying for the patron perks, will that also get me the patron perks in D2050 or would I need to pay ANOTHER monthly patron fee?

    I'm not talking about all the stuff I've collected, just the ongoing perks that come from being a patron.

    Because if they wanted to kill D13, requiring a separate fee for D2050 would do that. *I* sure as hellbug won't pay both.
    They have not said anything about patron pass on 2050 yet,
    People need to relax and wait for what they have to say about it first,
    Just on a sidenote, if Defiance and Defiance 2050 are separate games why would they have 1 patron pass shared to both games?
    The only conection between the original game and 2050 ends on June 22.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Defiance 2050
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post
    They have not said anything about patron pass on 2050 yet,
    People need to relax and wait for what they have to say about it first,
    Just on a sidenote, if Defiance and Defiance 2050 are separate games why would they have 1 patron pass shared to both games?
    The only conection between the original game and 2050 ends on June 22.
    This is tru.Plus both patron would need to grant different things and quantity,hunter rep is more valuable in 2050 then def13 with the weapon enhancement not sure if it is used for expo in 2050,and would image if 2050 has a pp it would grant boost for salvage

  3. #13
    Member KevinVonBach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Vault 76
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post
    So if I'm paying for the patron perks, will that also get me the patron perks in D2050 or would I need to pay ANOTHER monthly patron fee?
    Have they even gone on record saying that there will be a patron pass option for 2050?

    I don't remember hearing anything like that...
    PS4 NA - Pine Tarr - Castithan - <Shanje Liro> - EGO: 50

  4. #14
    Member Tesseract's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Austin, PC NA i7-4810MQ @2.8Ghz, 16GB, 1TB SSD, Win10 Home, GTX870M/6GB, 4K mon
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVonBach View Post
    Have they even gone on record saying that there will be a patron pass option for 2050?

    I don't remember hearing anything like that...
    I can't imagine that they won't be looking to collect a monthly fee for D2050 from those willing to pay. The monthly fee is a huge part of the income on games that have it including D13. But no, I have not seen anything specific on this, thus my question.
    -- Tess
    Everything's cooler in the 4th dimension.

  5. #15
    Yes, they have specifically said on their last livestream that there will be no patron pass at launch of 2050.

    I suspect they know they will have little new content at launch, and the grind to level up to 4000 power rating should take months (and greatly vary depending on playtime), then the grind for 8-10 star OJ drops of our favorite gun styles will be the new grind upon reaching 4k.

    It's going to take a WHILE before expeditions get reworked entirely, Silicon Valley content is reimagined and redesigned, the Warmaster brought back (if ever, no one's pestered the dev's about it so we've no idea on it's priority to bring back... it strikes me as a lot of coding to actually Fix it when they bring it back for little content, so it's not a priority, besides we are going to be horrible at it with our mushy pea shooting kid-proof slingshots made in China so as not to hurt anyone - lawsuits bad -, so it will be a WHILE before we'd be able to kill it anyway) and/or anything else they may have been kicking around they may want to do that's actually NEW NEW in the first 6 months to a year.

    The reason I mention this is because I don't think they want us having patron passes to speed up the grind to 4k power rating, so we don't earn extra tokens needed for new classes or the stream of prototypes they will introduce... after all they want us to pay to short cut the time gated token grind on both so we can use them NOW NOW.

    Also us getting to 4000 FAST will leave us bored sooner with less to do and leaving for other games, and they don't want to aid that process.

    I suspect us having patron pass in the first six months doesn't work for Trion's monetization plans. We'll see if this changes in the future.

    2050 PC/NA Founder: Babydoll (with permission from Professor Chaos) aka Babydahl, Bloody Natasha, Kylarran in Defiance
    Defiance PC/NA Founders: Professor Chaos and Iron Death, RIP brother

  6. #16
    Member Tesseract's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Austin, PC NA i7-4810MQ @2.8Ghz, 16GB, 1TB SSD, Win10 Home, GTX870M/6GB, 4K mon
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylarran View Post
    I suspect us having patron pass in the first six months doesn't work for Trion's monetization plans. We'll see if this changes in the future.
    Now that makes sense. Thanks.
    -- Tess
    Everything's cooler in the 4th dimension.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts