+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Member drackiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephkial View Post
    "What I would like to know (as well as almost all veterans) is if Valor will contemplate the purchase of the game itself (before it went FTP) and its DLC's. I paid for all of them."

    Valor will take into account all purchases that are logged by our system. This means if you made purchases through Glyph and through the console stores (and your console account is linked to a Trion Worlds account), we have records of the purchases. This does NOT take into account you purchasing the game or other game related products through 3rd party retailers.
    So all of us that bought physical copies of the game get the middle finger!?
    I get that this decision is related to used copies of the game but you guys could at least give valor for all the accounts linked on the first couple of months after release. Pretty sure that the great majority of PS3 buyers of the game were BR discs, not digital downloads.
    Also, physical copies had codes that you could use only once, at least give the valor to the accounts that linked those codes.

  2. #12
    Member SanCarioca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post
    So all of us that bought physical copies of the game get the middle finger!?
    One battle ends, another begins...

    I get that this decision is related to used copies of the game but you guys could at least give valor for all the accounts linked on the first couple of months after release. Pretty sure that the great majority of PS3 buyers of the game were BR discs, not digital downloads.
    Also, physical copies had codes that you could use only once, at least give the valor to the accounts that linked those codes.
    No need to raise pitchforks yet. I have always considered Trion to be an honest company, albeit a very... confused one. I guess the decision is related to what Trion can actually track, and physical copies are just not trackable, while digital ones, are.

    But I think you have a good idea there, and I'll expand on it: when Defiance went FTP, Trion granted several bonuses to people who have originally bought the game (Expanded Key Capacity, etc). This could mean that, at the time, they had on record all original players. But it's also possible they simply granted the bonuses to whomever logged in Defiance before FTP, and have no records from that time period... That's something that could be at least looked up.
    PS3 NA
    PSN: blu-san
    Defiance: SanCarioca, DevilSan, CastiSan, San Tarr, Digital San
    Clan: Defiance Terminators
    EGO: 6000

  3. #13
    Member drackiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by SanCarioca View Post

    But I think you have a good idea there, and I'll expand on it: when Defiance went FTP, Trion granted several bonuses to people who have originally bought the game (Expanded Key Capacity, etc). This could mean that, at the time, they had on record all original players. But it's also possible they simply granted the bonuses to whomever logged in Defiance before FTP, and have no records from that time period... That's something that could be at least looked up.
    Yeah but what i was trying to say is that disc based games had one time use codes, those codes got tied to an account.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephkial View Post
    "What I would like to know (as well as almost all veterans) is if Valor will contemplate the purchase of the game itself (before it went FTP) and its DLC's. I paid for all of them."

    Valor will take into account all purchases that are logged by our system. This means if you made purchases through Glyph and through the console stores (and your console account is linked to a Trion Worlds account), we have records of the purchases. This does NOT take into account you purchasing the game or other game related products through 3rd party retailers.
    so that means people who purchased the game via steam or hard copies wont get their valor?
    (i for example purchased defi & SP via steam back in 2013)
    server: PC EU
    Chars: DSW & Syna Olmai, EGO 6000. Red Thugs

  5. #15
    Member SanCarioca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by drackiller View Post
    Yeah but what i was trying to say is that disc based games had one time use codes, those codes got tied to an account.
    I got that and said that I would take your idea one step further.

    I really don't know if all disc-based games had codes attached to it, but I'll take your word for it. But I envisioned the "one step further" argument: "I never used my codes". Therefore, we'd still have complaints from people who bought the game but never bothered to use their codes (yes, those people exist -- I never used my Mass Effect 2 Complete Edition codes because I bought the disc on a sale years after the game was launched, and they were already expired).

    On the other hand, the grant I wrote about definitely covered all Defiance users who bought the game. It was automatic, because the whole universe of Defiance players, at that time, obviously had bought the game. The only backfire to this idea is what I said: if Trion does not have the records from that time.
    PS3 NA
    PSN: blu-san
    Defiance: SanCarioca, DevilSan, CastiSan, San Tarr, Digital San
    Clan: Defiance Terminators
    EGO: 6000

  6. #16
    Member SanCarioca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    506
    BTW, I found the original post where the grant was announced (we received 1,000 ArkForge and a 30-day Patron Pass):

    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...rrives-June-4!
    PS3 NA
    PSN: blu-san
    Defiance: SanCarioca, DevilSan, CastiSan, San Tarr, Digital San
    Clan: Defiance Terminators
    EGO: 6000

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephkial View Post
    "What I would like to know (as well as almost all veterans) is if Valor will contemplate the purchase of the game itself (before it went FTP) and its DLC's. I paid for all of them."

    Valor will take into account all purchases that are logged by our system. This means if you made purchases through Glyph and through the console stores (and your console account is linked to a Trion Worlds account), we have records of the purchases. This does NOT take into account you purchasing the game or other game related products through 3rd party retailers.

    Maybe it's me, but this seems a bit unclear. I'm a PC player who purchased the Ultimate Collectors' Edition as well as all the DLCs, etc. The UCE was purchased through GameStop, although if I remember correctly, everything else was through Glyph/Trion. In any case, everything is registered (linked) to my account. So would I receive Valor for everything, or does the game itself not count even though it's registered to my account, simply because I purchased it through Game Stop? Quite frankly, that seems a bit unfair to all of us who supported the game from the very beginning......

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephiera View Post
    Maybe it's me, but this seems a bit unclear. I'm a PC player who purchased the Ultimate Collectors' Edition as well as all the DLCs, etc. The UCE was purchased through GameStop, although if I remember correctly, everything else was through Glyph/Trion. In any case, everything is registered (linked) to my account. So would I receive Valor for everything, or does the game itself not count even though it's registered to my account, simply because I purchased it through Game Stop? Quite frankly, that seems a bit unfair to all of us who supported the game from the very beginning......
    Same and agreed. Buy most expensive version before game goes live... get nothing. Buy base version from store... get credit.
    Vylet ... Out of ammo since day 1

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    97
    I just wish there was a way for me to see my pursuits and so forth from xbox 360, which was linked to use ark codes since I watched the show and played the game, and my current ftp steam. I'm assuming I'll get more valor since it should be drawing from my 360 account since I bought all dlc and had many more pursuits finished but there is no way for me to actually tell. I got some of the things from my 360 items i'd bought when i first signed in to ftp such as my omega outfit and inventory slots and so forth. I really just wish we had a more clear picture of what we're getting. I really would like to have the outfits and so forth I've purchased be available again since I've bought them, not having those transfer is a bit of a slap to the face.

  10. #20
    They can absolutely track my ultimate edition code, when I make a new character the game still knows to give me my stuff, the info is there they just can't be bothered to do the right thing.

    Shame on you Trion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts