+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by You Cant Stop Me Son View Post
    Trion doesn't believe in refunds.... Only cash grab grab grab!!!
    thats why you go thru Sony . and let Sony know what has been going on for months.

Watch their live stream, no mention of the store. Also they are in denial about how crappy 2050 is. sigh. I had a discussion with someone in the game last night, if anyone bought bits and the store went down soon after, handle your business hahah. I know i will if that happen to me. And that's all i will say. Seems like they are focus on 2050 and that's it.

This is my last official post, I'm done wasting my time on these forums and asking for anything to change, its clearly not going into that direction. Enjoy 2013 while its here i guess. Peace.

Trion wont reply to anyone unless u say something bad about them then they will delete your post within 4 hours and give u a warning as thats the way it is as i think they r not even trying to fix the bitstore for the 360

Quote Originally Posted by Fucface View Post
    **** you you ****ing ***** *** geeks , I spent so much money when I found the game in 2017 and less than year later it's ****down. I can keep talking about everything I lost due to you dumb mother****ers but I rather just say **** you and everyone you love ****ing ****zzzzzzzzzzzz trion is full of retrads. Gn never playing another trip game again.
    This is how most of your customers feel. For most this would be a wake-up call. For trion it's just a post to delete. Kinda sad they cannot look past the salt and profanity to see that hey you'd be pissed too if I took your lunch money and gave you nothing like a bully in the recess yard......

To address what Calamity Dusk said I have close to 1k in bits. I asked customer service to just use my remaining bits for Patron pass sand they said they couldn't do it. I would even say just give me chip pullers. Nope they can't do that either. ****! What can you do? Besides run a beautiful game?

fix coming anytime soon?

any word on this yet , it be a long timealready.

what has it been 5 months? so when it the store getting fixed? when are yall gonna stop neglecting defiance 2013? and then yall wonder way players are so negative with yall . 2 very simple questions that havent been answered going on half a year already.

so we guess the store isnt getting fixed.

Just my 2 cents worth:

The Bits store is more complicated than a simple database. The game needs to read and write data to it (exchanging with the game's own database) but it also needs to interface with Glyph and obtain other forms of payment for consoles too. The Bits store needs to know how many Bits the player has, what they have already purchased etc etc.
    The original Bits Store was created by some of the many people who left Trion soon after Defiance was released. So the people who really knew how it all fitted together were no longer at Trion.
    Anything that deals with real cash needs to be very stable / secure and needs more thorough testing and QA than other areas. This should not be underestimated – they would not want to get hundreds or thousands of angry customers taking legal action against them for lost real money. Their legal team would have not been happy .

I think the original Bits Store got moved to 2050 and they didn't have the time or resources to make another one. They were probably told to focus their energies on 2050.

It would have required the networking guys to work with the game engineers and perhaps someone from the finance side. It would have needed some collaboration between different departments and the management probably didn't think it was a major priority because practically all their focus was on getting 2050 out the door and trying to make money from that. They programmers / engineers were being paid to work on 2050 and must have had a big todo list for that game.

As others have said: once the Bits Store was “down” ... then that was one way to reduce further purchases in the original game. Once Valor had been calculated and transferred, they probably didn't think it was a priority and it was more convenient for them (along with their deal with Gamigo) to keep it offline.

In any case, if they had actually been a bit more transparent / communicative and given us a slightly better idea about what happened, that would have helped clarify things.
    If they had told us that “it will be down for the foreseeable future”, back in July, that would have been fairer to players than just nothing from them and ignoring the issue completely for months.

-------

I remember reading lots of old forum posts and trying to get some idea of what Trion was like, their integrity and how they dealt with players. I remember seeing this post, for example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Aingeal View Post
    You can assure me as much as you want.

The proof is in the history and practice;

Refusing to pts on console versions allows bugs to fall through the pc sieve, and into our gaming experience. Calling it no more than a "gimmick" A lot of these issues have plagued us since launch.

Interaction on the forums from staff went from several contacts a day to a couple every couple weeks...

Removing the weekly Q&A, for whatever excuse...

The bottom line is; when a product is borked, {as this one has been, since launch} and fixes are few and far between and promises are lauded and magnified, I think it would behoove the staff to pay close attention to what their CUSTOMERS are relaying about the product.

What happened to the bug bash? Dozens of issues brought to your attention, several for the umpteenth time. How many fixes? 3? 4? That shows compassion for the game?

People have been talking about inventory issues since I started playing in '13. There is even a thread about it. No news on the horizon.

This current event has more lag/latency than any other I have experienced. The discos and hard freezes are at their worst. No responses from the team. Yet, this shows us your compassion for the game?

Sorry for the rant, but for the life of me, action speak volumes over words.

#justsayin'
    It should be clear to most readers as to which posts are from ill-informed people and which are from people who make logical, rational arguments. I didn't get the impression that Fallen_Aingeal was some loony and I thought it was worth considering if what he wrote had any validity.

My own conclusions have been that Trion has developed a habit of ignoring things or pretending they don't exist (particularly after CM Kiwi left). That is mixed with their inability to handle criticism very well (which seems to apply to all their games from what I have heard and read). Being able to listen to customer feedback is a vital skill for a company to really succeed IMHO.

If a person wants to develop, learn and improve ... they have to be able to deal with criticism. At least you should think to yourself: "Perhaps my teacher was right, perhaps I need to improve my spelling and reading skills." or whatever. Just ignoring it means things will likely stay the same. Criticism can lead to improvement, but that doesn't work if you just label all the people who provide it as "angry haters".

It's perhaps no surprise that they have been on the rocks many times over the years:
    http://deliddedtech.com/2017/08/30/t...ial-condition/

They had the people to make good games, but the management decisions were not always for the best. From Reddit:

I get the impression as more "manager types" got involved, each with their own opinion, each with their own "mark to make" or "oar to stick in" ... they soon focused only internally ... rather than looking to their customers / players and seeing what they thought. It can become a real problem if the management is out of touch with what players actually like or want.

At the moment, I just hope, for the players, that Gamigo decides to do things the right way.
    I'm trying to not be negative, but also want to be honest and realistic. Players deserve honesty

+ Reply to Thread