+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Effort Game View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the store was never broken...

If Trion truly couldn't fix a database then even copying and pasting Defiance into Defiance 2050 would have been an impossible task for them! Someone still in college for game design could have fixed something so simple by themselves!

There's no way on Earth that I would believe that the top Devs at Trion could be so incredibly incompetent that they could not fix a simple database, I would consider that a massive insult to their intelligence!
    i agree with you. trion made their bed. they did say they would fix it. on their support site. they have it stated the have no eta on fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Effort Game View Post
    But they did steal from the players a lot of people still have thosands of bits on Defiance but instead of transferring it or refunding it they just said that they're working on it but really hard no intentions to do so.
    Yeah ... I am one of the many who still has unused Bits in the original game. I see those Bits every time I log in and gingerly check to see if the Store has been magically fixed.

I don't have many unused Bits: I'm more annoyed for all the players / friends who will have a lot more. It's the basic principle of the matter: Trion should have had the decency to resolve it by now.

There is a (small) chance Gamigo might get it back online (or perhaps provide some form of compensation), if they realise the situation.

If the shutdown was planned, they should have really given us some warning so that we could have spent all our unused Bits before the shutdown date. That would have prevented a lot of unhappy players.

If you put money in to a bank and then the bank just decided to lock you out of your account, you would probably take them to court. But with video games and virtual currencies ... the player has very little power (it's all in the TOS). It should be a learning experience for all concerned :/

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Yeah ... I am one of the many who still has unused Bits in the original game. I see those Bits every time I log in and gingerly check to see if the Store has been magically fixed.

I don't have many unused Bits: I'm more annoyed for all the players / friends who will have a lot more. It's the basic principle of the matter: Trion should have had the decency to resolve it by now.

There is a (small) chance Gamigo might get it back online (or perhaps provide some form of compensation), if they realise the situation.

If the shutdown was planned, they should have really given us some warning so that we could have spent all our unused Bits before the shutdown date. That would have prevented a lot of unhappy players.

If you put money in to a bank and then the bank just decided to lock you out of your account, you would probably take them to court. But with video games and virtual currencies ... the player has very little power (it's all in the TOS). It should be a learning experience for all concerned :/

Mmmmm, yeah.

The nature of the purchase ("for the benefit of the creditors") essentially means that they purchased Trion Worlds but may not have purchased all of it. Gamigo may have purchased all the intellectual properties of Trion Worlds, it may not have. We simply don't know and are unlikely to know for weeks.

Think of it this way.
    Trion has a huge debt. Trion has a large house and on the property is a termite mound. In order to pay off their huge debt Trion decides to sell the property and advertises a "house and land with a termite mound as is" (it would be illegal not to mention the termites) with a local real estate agent.
    Gamigo comes along and offers to buy but only for the benefit of the creditors. Trion accepts so, Gamigo gets the house and the land and Trion keeps the termites. Gamigo may offer to get rid of the termites (but the selling price may be lowered) or Trion may be required to remove their termites before the new owner occupies the home. Either way, Orkin will get called.
    The question is, is D13 land, house, or termites?

Quote Originally Posted by GCubed View Post
    The nature of the purchase ("for the benefit of the creditors") essentially means that they purchased Trion Worlds but may not have purchased all of it. Gamigo may have purchased all the intellectual properties of Trion Worlds, it may not have. We simply don't know and are unlikely to know for weeks.
    Gamigo acquired all the IP's from Trion Worlds:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamigo
    The IP’s of the Trion Worlds games have been acquired by gamigo’s sister company Padmapani GmbH and are made available for gamigo group, worldwide and exclusive.
    https://corporate.gamigo.com/en/pres...on-worlds-inc/

Trion (Fasti) stated that "the games" will continue (which most would assume means all games, at least for now):
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    We’d like to assure our communities that the games will continue on in capable hands moving forward, as everyone involved is aiming to make this transition as smooth as possible for you. We will have more information to reveal as soon as we possibly can.
    And Brasse said:
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    All Trion games will carry on.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...nt-thread.html

So ... at least for now ... I going to guess that Gamigo will keep all Trion games running (until they figure out what they want to do with them).

so they took down the message about no eta on fix for the store . on the support site .

still no word on a fix for the store , or any updates for old defiance .

All they have to do is port the items from the store to in game vendors and put a sale on the gold edition and i will spend 100 dollars right now.

Still waiting for head to be removed from " the back-end ". I'm starting to think I struck the nail on the head when I stated the gambling aspect is the real reason the store is down. After 5 years someone should be familiar enough with the store code ( since items get added and removed often ) to know where to start at least. It's been almost 5 months and we are expected to believe the incompetence is so high in your development department that one bad line of code can't be located and repaired. In 5 months the whole store could have been recoded. No one is working on this stop facilitating the falsehood and come clean. Whole games are coded and ready for beta in 2 years with the amount of staff you had at the time the store vanished. Now that Gamico owns it perhaps you could try talking to one of the other 15 offices spread around the world and see if they have some one more competent who is capable of doing the job before someone else decides to sue for the lost/stolen bits.

My 2¢......

time they refunded every ones money from all the bits we havent and cant use.