+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Game recommendations?

Hi all,

I am new to gaming-related forums, have been a casual gamer for 12-14 years but finally decided to invest in a decent gaming laptop as I will have more time for this. Have played around 325 Defiance hours (EGO 3700) and this has been the only game I've played for the past 4-5 years, besides 100-150 hours playing UWO. Before this, I used to play CS on my early PC-gaming years.

Well, I've got an Alienware 17 R4, i7-7700HQ, GTX 1070, 16GB RAM - unfortunately no SSD as it was not available in my country but I am planning to get one next month.

Do you guys have any recommendations considering my specs and the kind of games I've played before? Either FTP or paid via Steam. (I have tried GTA with my nephew's console but didn't like it - BTW)

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

2 games I'm looking forward to are days gone and red dead redemption 2, sadly they're not out yet. You should check out eve online, you might like it.

Edit: If you haven't played any games from the dead space franchise or the last of us, I suggest you do, I loved them.
    If you do try dead space and your looking to play with other people then play dead space 3, people have mixed emotions on it as it's more of an action game than a horror like 1 and 2 but I loved it.

Dead by Daylight

Raft

Subnautica

Fire Pro Wrestling World
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. Fact.

Recently, I purchased a gaming laptop from https://hpsupports.co/hp-customer-support/ Please recommend me a high-end game which I can play on it. It has 16GB RAM and the Nvidia graphics card.

I still recommend WOW, yeah, despite everything and all the meaningless recent changes. This: https://overgear.com/games/wow is necessary to have real fun there, though.

Dead by Daylight is a survivor-sided game really immersive and not boring at all the gameplay is very good even if the killer have more advantage than the survivor. I really advise you

I'd recommend PUBG. The learning curve is a bit steep for the uninitiated, but once you understand the mechanics and weapons, the game gets really fun. I prefer playing with friends vs. solo myself as I can be a potato on occasion when it comes to long distance aiming.

If you are looking for an MMO, I'm not sure what you prefer. I personally dabble between Star Wars Old Republic on occasion when a new story content patch drops. Lots good story content there. But if you don't subscribe, it can feel like you are in a third world country. :-P In terms of bang for your buck, I'd say Guild Wars 2 has a lot to offer. Buy to play. I own the base game and the first expanion heart of thorns. While the game has a lot of content to explore and hours upon days upon weeks if you are a completion junky, I don't like it because completion is done on a per character basis and this made me not want to play another character to get EVERYTHING done again. But, you do get access to everything once you buy the expansions, which is a one time purchase. The base game is free so give it try.
    IrathientLivesMatter | Kasumi | Sgt Engee | Veedo

Borderlands and Destiny are sort of like Defiance.

Quote Originally Posted by mose View Post
    Dead by Daylight is a survivor-sided game really immersive and not boring at all the gameplay is very good even if the killer have more advantage than the survivor. I really advise you
    Nah, it's not nearly as survivor sided as it used to be when it launched two years ago. The game is the most balanced that it has ever been, from what I've heard as well as witnessed.

But anyhow - Red Dead Online... located two great spots for farming special ammo types for all of my rifles, revolvers, and shotguns - in addition to snake oil, crackers, and whiskey.
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. Fact.

Two recommendations from me as a MOBA fan

First of all – DOTA 2. I think it's one of the best games of this type for players that are really aspiring. What I mean, is that there's a lot more concepts and things to grasp than in your usual moba game. I'm aware that most of people might actually not like that, which would explain that it's not the most popular moba right now but those who do will really appreciate that.

Second league of legends. - Unarguably the most popular moba game right now and one of the most popular games in general. While my heart is way closer to dota 2 than league of legends, the latter offers ways more in terms of competitivity, after all we all like to be appreciated for our efforts. league of legends has some flaws though. The game is unbelievably grindey - to get most of its contents you would have to spend incredibly large amounts of time or money. And now imagine you would like to play on another account, you have to do that all over.. While sites offer accounts that have most of what the game has to offer, riot's official statement is that they don't endorse that. Yeah, what they are saying is - get your credit card ready, take a loan for 3000$ and you are free to play any champion you would like :P

League of legends is also oversimplified, year-by-year they remove some of the things that previously you had to master in order to gain an edge over your opponent. Take buff timings for example. Soon the whole game will be about farming minions