+ Reply to Thread

Grouping and matchmaking so horribly broken

So, I usually cut companies slack with a new game but considering this game existed prior, and it is essentially a port to the new generation, my length of rope to allow slack is fairly short with this one. Now I never played the original defiance, but I would imagine that a basic group/matchmaking system would not be that complicated to make especially when it already existed. The way the system is, if I want to do a tier 1 co-op I need to match make it solo or with a partner (And that hardly works). When you go to a dungeon entrance it states "You must have 4 group members" so I get my group of 4 guys, we go to the instance entrance and it forces us to queue into a broken matchmaking system. After it queues the group up, it is constant error message after error message and we are unable to do anything instance wise in the group. So, help me out here. If I want to play a co-op game with my buddy or friends, how in the world do I do that with this broken system instead of playing matchmaking roulette and Hope I get in his game. I am also curious how I start a specific mission type in co-op instead of, again, being left at the mercy of whatever your game wants to put me in. I am tempted to say this is a bug and/or just a broken lazy system but how is it that this stuff was not seemingly tested at all before you guys decided to launch 2050 into "early/pay for beta test" access?

Gotta say i agree on this, i paid for early access to an mmo, and can only do open world missions.

So pretty much paid for full access to the game early and only got half of what i paid for, open world is fine but instanced is messed up. Gotta love how when the ingame store goes down they get right on it, but a core part of an mmo game is left broken for days.

Honestly i believe that founders should get some kind of compensation for this, given it was advertised as early access to everything but is really a half functional lag filled, game crashing mess. At the very least a decent ammount of bits, plus a unique outfit and vehicle is only fair.

This stuff should have been throughly tested and fixed in beta before being rolled out in this state, especially when people are paying for this access.

you must be new to trion, they don't compensate worth a dang. go check out the defiance connectivity issues thread. gotta read it but there's a point where they did say they'd compensate us, reckon that was back in april

I agree mm is broken not just how you describe but the fact you can't que for specific dungeons the fact I constantly get the same liberate the lost and can't get dungeons I have quests for is absurd

I tried pvp quickmatch once and it gave me "failed to setup match" error message. So, did it (and Shadow War) ever work for anyone?

PS: I assume this is for Defiance 2050 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrakel54 View Post
    I agree mm is broken not just how you describe but the fact you can't que for specific dungeons the fact I constantly get the same liberate the lost and can't get dungeons I have quests for is absurd
    Agreed. I made a thread touching on this earlier today. It's ridiculous.