+ Reply to Thread

Does our Enhanced PL count towards averages?

I'm not sure if RNG just hates me, or this is a problem. Here's what I see.

at current, my gear score is around 1988 with my best stuff. I've noted that i've now had a string of weapon drops that are well below that rating, like 100 or more less than that. On the flip side i'm getting shields and grenades and mods well over 1900 consistently, and even have some 2000+ ones.

This string of weapon drops includes ground and key-chests. In fact I have yet to pick up a key-chest weapon in the past 6 chests or so (4 were weapons) that were even close to my gear rating. I have some legit base weapons 1900+, enhanced to near 2000, two around 2005+.

Is the calculation just that wide and I'm having a run of crap rolls?

Quote Originally Posted by Losobal View Post
    I'm not sure if RNG just hates me, or this is a problem. Here's what I see.

at current, my gear score is around 1988 with my best stuff. I've noted that i've now had a string of weapon drops that are well below that rating, like 100 or more less than that. On the flip side i'm getting shields and grenades and mods well over 1900 consistently, and even have some 2000+ ones.

This string of weapon drops includes ground and key-chests. In fact I have yet to pick up a key-chest weapon in the past 6 chests or so (4 were weapons) that were even close to my gear rating. I have some legit base weapons 1900+, enhanced to near 2000, two around 2005+.

Is the calculation just that wide and I'm having a run of crap rolls?
    That looks similar to what i experience. It may be intended that way. Say i have a maxed out 2000 ar and one drops fresh at 1900. After i max it out, it's over 2k and my power level has gone up.

I think they want us to work at it. If each new drop was equal to or higher than our pl, we'd level too quickly and they couldnt push this salvage notion they have.
    God's Little Punchline
    psn: saikoteek
    EGO: 50 PR: 2004
    PS4-NA

..It just strikes me as odd. I mean it seems my PL dictates the level of spawned enemies, and I can get drops of non-weapons at my rating or better, but like now, my guns are like dropping 100-150 below my rating most of the time, and potentially 200+ below the enemies I'm actually fighting.

I guess I'll see if the next main mission that gives me weapons will bump me up, I wonder if that's another artificial gate they put in.

Before 2k power level you use an enhanced weapon for gains of 50-80 Pr. After 2k it slows down to gains of 10-25 Or per enhanced weapon. If you could get to 5k in less then a month then there would be nothing really left to do for most ppl.

If you are saving your salvage for weapons later you are going to get wrecked for power level. Enhancing weapons is the ONLY effective way to gain power rating

Along that thought, I can't see the logic of the enhancement salvage system. Now that I'm 2000+, I get blue salvage. So 100 a unit (x3 if using correct weapon). Great right? Better than the 10 a unit, or 1 a unit right?

But wait, higher PL guns have higher innate costs to increase per level. So that 100 a unit salvage (300 per unit) could raise a sub 2000 PL gun I have to its full ranks pretty quick, but surprise to move a PL 2000 gun itself from rank 1 to 2 costs an increased amount too. it feels relatively the same actually. The individual unit is larger (100) but the progression is larger too, making you have to seemingly spend just as much 'number of salvages' per level of the highest grade salvage to raise a level.

Has anyone done a breakdown on the costs for this?